In 1745, Olaudah Equiano was born in a small village in Isseke,Nigeria. His father was one of the chiefs in the village. At age eleven Equiano and his...полностью>>
Экономическая теория->Контрольная работа
Земельная реформа, под которой понимается изменение отношений собственности на землю, устранение монополии государственной собственности, преобразован...полностью>>
The written piece of Dennis O’Brien, “Against Gay Marriage – I: What Heterosexuality Means,” discusses the idea that we must first look at the societa...полностью>>
- Throat singing is a unique method of singing, or vocal art in which a singer can simultaneously sing, creating two, sometimes three or four notes. This miraculous method of singing is exercised by a number of Asian tribes, and a rich tradition survives in Tuva.
- There are few paintings that are as stunning and intricate as Boticelli’s Birth of Venus. Painted for the villa of Lorenzo di Pierfrancesco de’ Medici at Castello, the artwork is probably the most famous Renaissance piece today, with the exception of Da Vinci’s Mona Lisa.
- Harriet Tubman was a poor slave girl who ran away from her plantation at the age of 28. Throughout the course of her life many people and many things challenged her. Each situation she was faced with tested either her mental or physical strength, usually both.
- About 40 years before the Civil War began, a slave child, Araminta. Like others born into slavery, Araminta, who later become known as Harriet Ross Tubman, was never to know her birth date. Her parents, Harriet Greene and Benjamin Ross, couldn’t read or write.
- The classical Greek writers have given the world major literary themes. One such theme is ?Fate?. According to Webster?s New World Dictionary of the American Language the word fate is defined as ?the principal or determining cause or will by which things in general are believed to come to be as they are or events to happen as they do: destiny?(529).
- Throughout, The Theban Plays Creon remained an important character. From the first play King Oedipus through the second play Oedipus at Colonus Creon displayed a dramatic change in his character. A change in Creon?s personality was noticeable when the truth about Oedipus was revealed.
- Throughout history, the absence of truth has caused turmoil between various groups. However, when a false sense of reality is established, the revelation of the truth brings further turmoil to the involved parties. In King Lear, William Shakespeare conveys the concept that the absence of truth causes a state of disorder.
- Although this procedure long predated the modern lie detector, it was based-knowingly or not- on assumptions about psychological stress much like those that support polygraph examinations today. The ancient test depended on the fact that fear makes the mouth dry, so rice would stick in a guilty person?s mouth.
- The Step Pyramid was designed for King Djoser ,of the 3rd dynasty, by his vizier, Imhotep. The pyramid is located in Saqqara, the main necropolis of Memphis. The Saqqara pyramid has a series of six levels of stone decreasing in size as they ascend to about 00 feet/ 0 meters in height.
- Постановка задачи: Создать главную форму, содержащую название работы, фамилии исполнителей, кнопку вызова подчиненной формы. На подчиненной форме спроектировать диалог, моделирующий работу текстового редактора, а именно предусмотреть чтение исходного текста из файла, операции копирования, перемещения и запись отредактированного текста в результирующий файл.
- The civilization of ancient Egypt is significant in several ways. Together with those of Mesopotamia, India, and China, it was one of the earliest civilizations, and it is perhaps the best example of continuous cultural evolution based on internal stimuli, rather than the complex mix of internal and external factors found, for example, in Mesopotamia.
- The idea that different subcategories of humans exist, and that depending on one’s point of view, some subcategories are inherently inferior to others, has been around since ancient times. This concept eventually gained the label of “race” in 1789, a “zoological term? generally defined as a subcategory of a species which inherits certain physical characteristics that distinguish it from other categories of that same species.
- Латинский язык принадлежит к числу древнейших письменных языков индоевропейской системы. Свое название он получил от имени одного из италийских племен - Латинов, населявших область Лациум (Latium), центром которой был город Рим. Первые письменные свидетельства латинского языка относятся еще к VII веку до н.
- Разработана имитационная модель трейдинга Модель разрабатывалась с применением теории нечетких множеств Предложено использовать для процесса принятия решения модель с тремя входными переменными, имеющими четкие значения Модель выдает выходную переменную «принятие решения» также в четком виде Внутренняя же структура модели является нечеткой
- Throughout his life Ralph Bunche worked to improve race relations and further the cause of civil rights. For 22 years he served on the board of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, earning its highest honor, the Spingarn Medal, in 1949.
- S. representatives, and the first Americo-Liberians, led by Jehudi Ashmun, began the settlement. In 1894 an American agent for the society, Ralph Randolph Gurley, named the new colony Liberia and the Cape Mesurado settlement Monrovia.
- На заре компьютерной эры очень трудно было написать большую программу, потому что возможности компьютеров были ограничены. Ограничения проистекали из объема оперативной памяти, скорости считывания информации с вторичных носителей и быстродействия процессоров.
- Kurt Vonnegut has written more then twenty books in the years he has been writing. Many of his books share characters, settings, or situations. Using the same characters and such creates a unity throughout his books. Likewise, Vonnegut seems to repeat themes throughout many of his books.
- meters and cause very little damage. Category II hurricanes have winds of 154 through 177. Storm surges, swells, up to 1.7 meters and damage to shrubbery, mobile homes, and small crafts.
- During the years prior to the Civil War, many people in the United States greatly opposed slavery. Far from being passive victims waiting to be rescued, enslaved blacks never ceased in their struggle for freedom. From the moment Africans were captured in the interior and coastlands of West Africa, to the time they were sold as slaves in the Caribbean and the new colonies of North America, black slaves acted as aggressively as possible to maintain their own African heritage and seek freedom.