Человек всегда стремился приподнять завесу грядущего и предвидеть ход событий В основе интереса к прогнозу лежат достаточно сильные жизненные мотивы П...полностью>>
Философия, единственная наука, которая очень скрупулезно занимается изучением своей истории Это связано с тем, что новые концепции (теории) часто бази...полностью>>
Государство и право->Реферат
Надо отметить, что умысел является элементом субъективной стороны состава преступления Субъективная сторона преступления - это психическая деятельност...полностью>>
- Stereotypes are easily picked up, and used to horrible extreme when a large majority of people use them. This was the case with Scout and Jem when they picked up on the stereotypes going around the neighborhood about Boo.
- Mayella testifies next, a reasonably clean nineteen-year- old girl who is obviously terrified. She says that she called Tom Robinson inside the fence that evening and offered him a nickel to break up a dresser for her, and that once he got inside the house he grabbed her and took advantage of her.
- You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view (30). Atticus Finch, a popular lawyer, and the father of the main character in Harper Lee s To Kill a Mockingbird, teaches this lesson to his children. This idea does not just apply to Maycomb County in the 1930s, but to everyone everywhere.
- The novel To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, takes place during the 1930 s in Maycomb County, Alabama. Atticus Finch, a white southern lawyer, is appointed to defend Tom Robinson, an innocent black man accused of raping a white woman. Throughout the story Atticus children learn the meaning of true courage.
- The movie To Kill A Mockingbird is based on the novel by Harper Lee. The movie was directed by Robert Mulligan and produced by Alan J. Pakula. The main characters were Gregory Peck (Atticus Finch), Phillip Alford (Jem), Mary Badham (Scout), John Megna (Dill), Brock Peters (Tom Robinson), Collin Wilcox (Mayella Ewell) and Robert Duvall as Boo Radley.
- Harper Lee employs the effects of irony in To Kill a Mockingbird as a way to criticize the deficiency of public education. “Now tell your father not to teach you any more. It’s best to begin reading with a fresh mind.
- african people of Maycomb tended to assume that all white people in Maycomb had a deep hatered for blacks, and so they also treated all of them as prejudiced people But, the black population, by far was disriminated against the most For instince the many times Scout was told her father defened nigg
- Pretend you are driving along on the highway. You see a person on the side of the road having car problems. This is person is wearing an Armani suit and driving a Porsche. The next day, you encounter the same incident but, this time, it is a man wearing baggy jeans with holes in them, a dirty shirt and he looks very unclean.
- ?Vision is the act of seeing things invisible? (Jonathan Swift). In every society there is an underlying darkness that is alienation. Those who fall victim to alienation become the invisible and voiceless members of society. In Society there are few that see alienation.
- Prejudism in the 1930s, down in the Southern United States, was not good. In the novel To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, we see many instances of prejudism against certain groups of characters. Tom Robinson, a Negro, has been discriminated due to his skin color.
- The Adventures of Huckelberry Finn has been called one of the greatest pieces of American literature, deemed a classic. The book has been used by teachers across the country for years. Now, Huck Finn, along with other remarkable novels such as Catcher in the Rye and To Kill a Mockingbird, are being pulled off the shelves of libraries and banned from classrooms.
- In the 1940?s, Malcolm Little (also known as Malcolm X) stood up against racism towards all Black people. This courageous act becomes even more courageous when it is considered that he was following in his Fathers footsteps, even though his father was murdered because of his philosophies about equality.
- Maycomb people gossip about Boo Radley because he chooses to stay in his house, while Tom Robinson is stereotyped by Maycomb because of his skin color. Rumors are spread about these men because most of Maycomb is guilty of prejudice.
- Wherever one goes, prejudice is most likely to tag along. In the book To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee, one of the most apparent themes is that of prejudice. Throughout the book, the main characters, Scout and Jem, experience the effects of prejudice in their society through multiple scenarios.
- ?Boo? Arthur Radley is never understood by the people in Maycomb, just a meir shadow in their every day lives. His myth is the only spark that says he even exists. However, despite Jem and Scout?s stereotypical beliefs. Arthur tries to get in touch with them.
- To Kill a Mockingbird was written by Harper Lee. It takes place in Maycomb Alabama, in the late 1930’s early 1940’s. In this story a lot of characters were introduced to the reader. Jem Finch played a big role in this book. There were many other vital characters in this book.
- She came into contact with a literary agent, whom she showed some of her manuscripts. One of these manuscripts was a short story, which her agent encouraged her to expand on. She then quit her job with the airlines to turn all of her energy to her writing.
- “So Jem received most of his information from Miss Stephanie Crawford, a neighbor scold, she said she knew the whole thing According to Miss Stephanie, Boo was sitting in the livingroom cutting some items from The Maycomb Tribune to paste in his scrapbook His father entered the room As Mr Radley passed by, Boo drove the scissors into hisparent’s leg, pulled them out, wiped them on his pants, and resumed his activities ”(Chapter 1, page 11)
- Prejudice stems from many things It can come from any person at any time Sometimes it is a part of a person when they are born A whole town, state, or country could show prejudice towards others Prejudice in many cases ends in violence Hitler showed an extreme example when he killed all of the Jews He though that they were all inferior and the Germans were the superior race Hitler did not think all of his decisions all the way through Prejudice is caused by the lack of knowledge of others
- The difference between short stories and novels extends far beyond the obvious, Short stories are often read in a single sitting and can be defined as a brief version of logical events usually revolving about a singular plot. Whilst a novel may retain many of the characteristics of a short story the format builds upon these basic ideas and concepts, expanding on themes and extending the plot and shaping the story through complicated interaction between characters.