В настоящее время в нашем обществе сложилась напряженная, неустойчивая социальная и экономическая обстановка. Она обуславливает рост различных отклоне...полностью>>
Механик Этьен Лантье, изгнанный с железной дороги за пощечину начальнику, пытается устроиться на работу в шахту компании Монсу, что близ городка Воре,...полностью>>
Ми́лован Джи́лас (серб. Милован Ђилас; 12 июня 1911 г., с. Подбишче, Королевство Черногория — 20 апреля 1995 г., Белград) — югославский политический д...полностью>>
- In China, from the ancient times, a synthesis of all forms of art that includes poetry, song, and dance has been called “music”. According to the standard Confucianist viewpoint on music, this synthesis was dubbed “politeness-music.” The main characteristic of Confucianist music theory lies in its emphasis on music as a political instrument.
- Throughout history, Chinese architects have incorporated the Taoist concept of feng shui into the structures they are building. Taoism, which was formed in China’s classical period, is based on the philosophies and teachings of Lao-tzu. An integral part of Taoism is feng shui, which is translated as “wind and water.
- Classical Chinese theory of mind is similar to Western “folk psychology” in that both mirror their respective background view of language. They differ in ways that fit those folk theories of language. The core Chinese concept is xin (the heart-mind). As the translation suggests, Chinese folk psychology lacked a contrast between cognitive and affective states ([representative ideas, cognition, reason, beliefs] versus [desires, motives, emotions, feelings]).
- The structure of the Canadian health care system is an ever-changing institution which tries desperately to match the care they provide with the values they hold true. Health care providers have begun to take a holistic approach to care, trying to ensure an individuals health, not only physical, but emotional, psychological and interpersonal.
- As with all things we know little about there is quite a bit of mystery surrounding acupuncture. The part people see the most is a person with needles sticking out of their flesh. Understandably being wary of sharp pointed objects being wielded by a complete stranger, this is often an obstacle that needs to be over come.
- The book questions the belief system of Western medicine as well as the Hmong beliefs and cultural practices. Fadiman encourages us to think of the root of Western culture and medicine as well as learning about the Hmong?s beliefs.
- Francois Voltaire- The French author known for such works as Candide and many other novels. He is the only philisoph to succesfully make the enlightenment popular among the masses. He was imprisoned twice and expelled from France multiple times for his antimonarchist views.
- Learning from Ancient and Modern Themes and Customs It has been said that there are under thirty plots in the world, and that all stories, in all languages, all over the world and throughout history, are simply variations on these. Parallels can be drawn between all literature; however, classical mythology has had particularly far-reaching effects on our present civilization.
- The problem of conceptualization of national world picture with the help of other language cultures attracts interests of many linguists, philologists, philosophers and anthropologies. Necessity to establish the concept of “language world picture” in literary language can be explained by the necessity to understand the situation of polyvariance existing in this sphere.
- Feng Shui has been practiced in China for thousands of years and is believed to have started in 2953 B.C. when Hu of Hsia found a tortoise that had a perfect “magic square” on its back. From this discovery evolved the I Ching, the oldest book in Chinese history, and possibly the world (Webster 1).
- There is a tree that I know. It is a tall tree, and has been in existence for many years. The tree was there before the building that stands next to it. When the building was built, the tree was left standing and has adapted itself around the intrusion of the building.
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- Amidst the chaos of political instability and constant warring of the Zhou (Chou) era, arose many intellectual thinkers that brought such profound impact in the field of politics, religion and philosophy. (Lower and Rajendra 1985:93) Even to the day, their influence can be espied in the many matters of China.
- The aim of this work is to find more facts about the country concerned, to work with further sources in order to learn deeper information about the population of Great Britain, to show the contemporary information of today’s population of Great Britain.
- Wallace, King and Sanders wrote in Biosphere, The Realm of Life: “In 1859, Charles Darwin published a theory of evolution that implied that humans evolved from apes. . .The Darwinian revolution was the greatest paradigm shift in the history of biology, and it greatly changed the way that ordinary men and women viewed their own place in the world.
- The fierce competitive nature of the modern sports’ world, in combination with society’s demand for excellence, have caused athletes to seek alternative means to enhance their performance Today’s athlete faces an increasingly difficult choice: to use drugs to enhance performance or to accept what could amount to a competitive handicap It is a choice which carries significant ethical considerations Should athletes be permitted to make this choice, or should society, through the medium of sports’ governing bodies strictly enforce the ban on performance enhancing drugs? Some argue that the choice
- Epistemology is a theory of knowledge or the whole field of such theories in philosophy which are meant to increase our understanding of the term and of the phenomena Examining anything and everything we should collect all possible reflections and choose the most agreeable of them to our soul, those which give us better understanding of ourselves, the world and the process of "knowing" of internal, external and mixed reality This exanimation is done in solitude and in dialogues with friends and interlocutors, in reading of monologues of other thinkers who also very often examine oth
- Данные материалы включают теоретические сведения о звукобуквенных соответствиях в английском языке, упражнения для совершенствования навыков чтения, а также материалы для чтения и заучивания наизусть. Материалы могут быть использованы как для аудиторной, так и самостоятельной работы учащихся.
- His second visit to the pictographs was extremely different- he had removed the wild connection with the ancient mural and himself by publicizing and talking about them. This is Turner s main point within the first chapter. He believes that when we take a wild place and photograph it, talk about it, advertise it, make maps of it, and place it in a national park that we ruin the magic, the aura, and the wildness of that place.
- Jack Turner s The Abstract Wild is a complex argument that discusses many issues andultimately defends the wild in all of its forms. He opens the novel with a narrative story about atime when he explored the Maze in Utah and stumbled across ancient pictographs.