The creation of Area 51 began in April of 1955, when a Lockheed test pilot, Tony LeVier, searched for a remote site to test the U-2. Grooms Lake is ch...полностью>>
The authors of article Instead of Teaching Missing Addends state their purpose “is to present evidence showing that if children’s numerical reasoning ...полностью>>
The novel, Pride and Prejudice, is a story about the romantic adventures of five sisters in 18th century England, by Jane Austen. There are two major ...полностью>>
- There are two types of diabetes: diabetes insipidus and diabetes mellitus. Diabetes insipidus is a rare metabolic disorder caused by a deficiency of the pituitary hormone, which is usually the result of damage to the pituitary gland. Diabetes insipidus is characterized by enormous amounts of urine that are produced by the body regardless of how much liquid is consumed.
- The sharp gazing before grain instils into nature a kind of cold vitality of which the qualitative richness has infinite depth.
- Translation is a means of interlingual communication. The translator makes possible an exchange of information between the users of different languages by producing in the target language (TL or the translating language) a text which has an identical communicative value with the source (or original) text (ST).
- The noun as a part of speech has the general meaning of substance in the widest sense of the term. This is the main nominative class of words for they are used to name living beings (a man, a woman, a girl-friend, a bird, a dog), objects (a pen, a flower) and abstract notions, such as qualities (kindness, strength), states (fear, fight, sleep), processes (discussion, reading) viewed as substances.
- Finding the truth in all things is what made Thomas a great saint. Faith and truth were always his main thought. Before I did the research I didn’t know what to anticipate, I learned that Thomas Aquinas was a saint, philosopher, theologian, doctor of the church, and a patron of catholic universities.
- Immanuel Kant was born on April 22, 1724 in Konigsburg, East Prussia. At age 8, he entered the Collegium Fridiricianum, a pietistic Latin school, where he remained for 8 1/2 years and studied the classics. he then entered the University of Konigsburg in 1740 to study philosophy, mathematics, and physics.
- Фразеологизм употребляется как некоторое целое, не подлежащее дальнейшему разложению и обычно не допускающее внутри себя перестановки своих частей. Семантическая слитность фразеологизмов может варьировать в достаточно широких пределах: от невыводимости значения фразеологизма из составляющих его слов во фразеологических сращениях (идиомах) до фразеологических сочетаний со смыслом, вытекающим из значений составляющих сочетания.
- Arthur Miller, winner of many literary and dramatic awards, is an incredibly influential force in American drama. His plays deal with issues common to every society. He makes the audience face fault, weakness, and ignorance; subjects we would typical
- One means the emotions that are motive, that have life in them and legs under them, whether they crawl underneath the surface of things or come out above the surface and face a world.
- Cancer, new growth of tissue resulting from a continuous growth of abnormal cells that have the ability to enter and destroy other tissues. Cancer, which may arise from any type of cell and in any type of body tissue, is not a single disease but a large number of diseases classified according to the tissue and type of cell of origin.
- Chapter 1 Summary: Bourgeois and ProletariansThe Communist Manifesto begins with Marx’s famous generalization that “the history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles” (79). Marx describes these classes in terms of binary oppositions, with one party as oppressor, the other as oppressed.
- Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is “a rare genetic disorder of collagen synthesis associated with broad spectrum of musculoskeletal problems, most notably bowing and fractures of the extremities, muscle weakness, laxity in the ligaments, and spinal deformities.
- The first chapter of Siddhartha is set in a Brahmin household located in the serene and peaceful atmosphere of an Indian village. In the second chapter, the scene shifts to the forest where the Samanas lead an austere life of self-denial. The third chapter takes the reader to the Jetavana grove in Savathi town, where the Buddha delivers a sermon.
- S?ren Aabye Kierkegaard (b.1813, d. 1855) was a profound and prolific writer in the Danish “golden age” of intellectual and artistic activity. His work crosses the boundaries of philosophy, theology, psychology, literary criticism, devotional literature and fiction.
- Mensheviks’ Critique of Bolshevism and the Bolshevik State “I often remember a funny conversation which was, however,significant for me…when I was taking [university] courses, I talked witha classmate who condemned the members of the People’s Will formurdering people.
- Forty years after Raymond Borde and ?tienne Chaumeton defined the challenge, critical commentators on film noir continue to grapple with it. Ironically, American writers did not immediately take up consideration of this indigenous phenomenon and the question of its “essential traits.
- 18 seems to be the magic number in today’s manufacturing process. Intel and AMD both boast their upgraded production, and note that it will lead to ever increasing speeds and capabilities. Quietly, however, there is a growing consensus among the scientific community that silicon based-chips are on their way out.
- Civil War IN THIS meeting of the Southern Historical Association great emphasis has been placed upon a re-examination of numerous phases of our history relating to the Civil War. While several papers have dealt with certain forces which helped bring about the Civil War, none has attempted a general synthesis of causes.
- DreamsTheories attempting to explain the origin and functions of REM sleep include: (1) thatREM sleep provides stimulation for the development of the brain; (2) that it performs a chemicalrestoration function, since during REM dreaming neuro-protein synthesis occurs along with therestoration of other depleted brain chemicals; (3) that it provides oculomotor
- Contrary to popular belief, dreaming is not caused by eating certain foods before bedtime, nor by environmental stimuli during sleeping.