” Good answer? Wrong! The honest answer will make the girl feel inadequate, ugly, fat, etc. It is a no-win situation for the male victim. That is what...полностью>>
As usual, Shakespeare just relies of the bare skeleton of his source tale, adding much by way of plot complication and structural complexity.(SP.p1) I...полностью>>
his writings to penetrate, explore and express his perceptions of the complex moral and spiritual conflicts that plague mankind. His clever, yet cruci...полностью>>
- In life there is the natural and the supernatural. Often the supernatural in life is easily forgotten or derided. Life becomes too busy and one forgets that there exists good and evil. One should not spurn the urging in the Bible to remember that “we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against persons without bodies – the evil rulers of the unseen world, those mighty satanic beings and great evil princes of darkness who rule this world; and against huge members of wicked spirits in the spirit world” (Bible 1194).
- His works include The Sketchbook, A History of New York, The Devil and Tom Walker, and Rip Van Winkle. Despite all of these well known works, Irving never won any awards. Irving’s short stories are The Legend of Sleepy Hollow and The Devil and Tom Walker.
- Imagery in “The Fall of the House of Usher” The description of the landscape in any story is important as it creates a vivid imagery of the scene and helps to develop the mood. Edgar Allan Poe is a master at using imagery to improve the effects of his stories.
- In the nineteenth century, the foundation of American literature had a profound change. This was called from Reason to Romance or Romanticism. With many contributions of famous writers such as Irving, Cooper, Bryant, and Poe composed the stories and poems which all of them had a great value in the American literature.
- Washington Irving was born April 3, 1783, in New York City. He was the eleventh child of Sarah William Irving. His father was a strict man, a merchant and deacon in the Presbyterian Church. He started school at the age of four, but he never took it seriously.
- Romanticism (literature), a movement in the literature of virtually every country of Europe, the United States, and Latin America that lasted from about 1750 to about 1870, characterized by reliance on the imagination and subjectivity of approach, freedom of thought and expression, and an idealization of nature.
- Romanticism is a literary and artistic movement of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries that placed value on emotion or imagination over reason, on the imagination over society. Some sources say Romanticism started in reaction to neo-classicism, or the Enlightenment.