Національний банк України був створений 20 березня 1991 року на базі Українського республіканського банку Держбанку СРСР. До складу НБУ входять більш ...полностью>>
Twenty-five years ago, Richard F. Fenno, Jr. said that people love their members of Congress but hate the Congress, but at the end of the 1990s, Fenno...полностью>>
Экономическое мышление является ровесником человеческого общества. Первоначально экономическая мысль выделялась в виде отдельной формы мышления, и пре...полностью>>
- The Secret of the Lottery. The Lottery written by Shirley Jackson, is a story thatconveys its message through plot. Suspense in the Lottery playsthe most important role making sure the story, even though short,is well developed and seems prolonged. The Lottery develops slowly and with a lot of detail.
- The story begins with the typical nuclear family being challenged by the grandmother who doesn’t want to take the vacation to Florida. She has read about a crazed killer by the name of the misfit who is on the run heading for Florida. Unfortunately, she is ignored by ever member of the family except for the little girl June Star who can read the grandmother like a book.
- Approximately every two minutes, a teenage girl in the United States gives birth (Guernsey 6). While this fact may be sad and startling to most people, it is in deed the truth. Over the past few decades, the problem of teen pregnancy has grown considerably in this country.
- There is no way to better disguise important clues in a short story than Shirley Jackson does in her short story titled “The Lottery.” It is her subtle way of portraying what sounds like an innocent story that intrigues the reader. After reading “The Lottery” a popular initial reaction is to wonder why the ending is not obvious while reading through the rising action.
- The two short essays written by Jackson and Hawthorne are both thought provoking and full of evil. Many symbols are used to help develop the themes of both stories. The authors unveil the stories in such a way that you really don’t know what the outcomes are going to be, but you do know that they will involve insights into morality – of both the main characters and the societies in which they live.
- When the people were asked to get in like to pick a paper, they had done it so many times, " they half listened to the directions," (Jackson 35). For generations the lottery was always performed on the twenty-seventh of June, but the orginal box was lost, the rituals were forgotten, but the villagers did remember to use stones.
- Their guns terrorized the streets of New York. They were murderous, brutal thugs that killed with no feelings of remorse. They were bank-robbers, drug dealers, casino owners, hit men and pimps. They were the Mafia of the 1920’s and 1930’s. These degenerates played an important role in American history, they were more than just bank-robbers and gunslingers, and they were men that affected all facets of society.
- In the movie, the ?witch? Lizzie Queen tries to manipulate the situation to gain the most.
- The United States attempted to prohibit alcohol and failed. The Mafia made its money by bootlegging alcohol. The gangsters of the twenties and thiries were in the alcohol business just as the drug peddlers of today are in the drug business.
- Policy-makers are assessing the advice from Kenny Rogers, “You got to know when to hold ‘um, know when to fold ‘um, know when to walk away and when to run.” They are trying their hand at new and old forms of gambling in the hopes of generating additional revenues.
- For the next year Shirley worked night and day on her writing. In doing so she established work habits, which she maintained for the rest of her life.
- Final DemoCulture is a very significant thing to people on Earth. In the history of the world there have been many different cultures. To many people keeping their culture unchanged is the most important thing to them, In the Canadian Dictionary it describes culture as the arts, beliefs, habits, institutions, and other human endeavors of a particular community, people, or nation.
- Kennedy dead can be classified into the following groups: Russians, Cubans, Mobsters (Organized Crime/Mafia), Special Agents (CIA), G-men (J. Edgar Hoover’s FBI), Rednecks and Oilmen (Right-wing Extremists), and the MIC (Military Industrial Complex).
- ?Mum? Jason said. ?Well it’s okay as long as you’re with me? she assured. The ticket collector came towards them and Jason closed his eyes, waiting for something bad to happen. Jason heard the cruel man ask Lucinda to see her ticket and then Lucinda said ?my stepbrother is under six years old?.
- Benjamin Franklin is unmistakably the most resplendent figure in American history. Starting out as an apprentice, Franklin was to become a renowned printer, a great statesman, and an innovator always trying to find ways to improve his community. But how could this peasant apprentice become such an influential man in a large-scale society such as Philadelphia? This was the question that baffled and worried many aristocrats of the early eighteenth century.
- at the begging where Winston describes his apartment and its rigidness. Winston stresses the poster as being omniscient because it was eying every action made. Given from the narrators one is given yet another imagine, one that describes London as being ugly something resembling like the streets of Columbia.
- Sometimes we may think that we know other people, but you never fully know the whole picture. Milo doesn?t know the circumstances of Boy, Leola and Dunstan?s relationship, or how each feels about the other. Even Boy, Leola and Dunstan don?t fully know each other.
- Before we assume that the market for human clones consists mainly of narcissists who think the world deserves more of them or neo-Nazis who dream of cloning Hitler or crackpots and mavericks and mischief makers of all kinds, it is worth taking a tour of the marketplace.
- These experiments have been called psychic for want of a better term (KPU-Research ). The experiments study the unique experiences and an unknown capability of the human mind that suggests consciousness is capable of interacting with the physical world that is not always recognized by science.
- Americans are familiar with the nation s major addictions: narcotics, alcohol, and tobacco. Society has spent countless millions of dollars warning about these substances, however another addiction that receives far less attention is sweeping across America.