Трудно или даже невозможно назвать область знания, в которой сегодня не проводились бы исследования под рубрикой синергетики. Для публикаций на тему с...полностью>>
В возрасте 17 лет принцесса Луиза выходит замуж за великого герцога Тосканского Фердинанда III который, будучи сыном австрийского императора Леопольда...полностью>>
Познание единичных вещей и процессов невозможно без одновременного познания всеобщего, а последнее в свою очередь познается только через первое. Сегод...полностью>>
- In the First Meditation, Descartes invites us to think skeptically. He entices us with familiar occasions of error, such as how the size of a distant tower can be mistaken. Next, an even more profound reflection on how dreams and reality are indistinguishable provides suitable justification to abandon all that he previously perceived as being truth.
- The Move from Doubt to Certainty; A Look at the Theories of Descartes and Locke Descartes is interested in the certainty of his existence and the existence of other people and things. Descartes’ beliefs vary from those of Socrates. Descartes argues that knowledge is acquired through awareness and experience.
- Descartes’ work entitled Meditations, is a work on metaphysics in which Descartes hopes to achieve absolute certainty about three issues: the soul as “a thinking thing” distinct from or without a body, the belief that God exists, and the belief that the external world exists.
- Descartes’s Second Meditation discusses how a “body” can perceive things, such as objects. Perception is vital to his first theory that “[he] thinks, therefore [he] is.” In order to prove his conclusion; he goes through a series of premises, or arguments, that lead him to his final conclusion.
- Siddharta Gautama (563-483 BCE) was born into a wealthy family. His father, Suddhodana, owned many palaces. His birth was surrounded by mysterious events, records state that he was conceived when his mother, Maya, dreamed that a white elephant had entered her side (From The Nidanakatha,
- The Buddah was born in the sixth or fifth century BC in the kingdom of the Sakyas, on the present day border of Napal and India. The tern Buddah is not a real name but only a title. His real name was Gotama. He was the son of the king. His life embodies all the most extreme social circumstances which include starting his life as one in the most exalted position who moves by his own choice to the lowliest and most uncomfortable of all possible social positions.
- Analyze in detail Descartes First Meditation and the beginning of the Second Meditation. Do you believe Montaigne could not reply to Descartes and therefore that Descartes has succeeded in defeating skepticism? Descartes First Meditation sought out to offer reasons to doubt everything in order to, after taking doubt into consideration, discover what we of what we believe is true.
- Can you doubt that the material world exists? If you can’t, does it follow that Descartes’ method of doubt is useless?It is very difficult to know for certain if the material world exists or not because we are dealing with metaphysical philosophy. Metaphysical philosophy is the branch of philosophy concerned with the basic nature of reality.
- The western way of living and more generally, the way westerners think and behave, in the twentieth century appears to have little or no connection to the east and eastern philosophies, but in fact America has been more influenced in these factors by the east than almost any other region.
- Are you really what you eat? Why are people born with certain unique tendencies? Are matter and spirit separate, or the same? Although seemingly unrelated, these questions are unified by the subject under consideration in this paper: the Hindu caste system.
- The existence of God has been a philosophical question that has been discussed for centuries. Many theories have come about, trying to explain and prove the existence of God. From the Cosmological Argument, to the Teleological Argument, and including the Ontological Argument, all have been argued at one time or another.
- The Church was undoubtedly the greatest influence in medieval life, affecting not only the religious and moral codes of the period, but also the political and social climate, which in turn allowed the Church to flourish. The Christianity of the Middle Ages is a highly debated topic.
- The opening scene of any play is extremely important because it can play a major role in establishing key elements throughout the rest of the performance. The main elements are the characters, themes, language, settings and plot. The audience can form a basic idea of these elements involved to spark their interest in the play.
- Because of this, in 480BCE a council was held at a place called Ragir. Some of the Buddhas closest friends and followers were part of the council and they each tried to remember exactly what the Buddha had said.
- Christianity was “formed” around 15 to 30 BCE. Although some people say that it has existed since Adam and Eve because they were followers of God. Probably the most important figures in the Christian religion are Jesus Christ, the Savior. Most Christians believe in a trinity, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- Networks tend to be decentralized, often having no single leader of headquarters and with power and responsibility widely distributed. Networks also see through many perspectives. The New Age movement is an extremely large and structured network of organization and individuals that are bound together by common values.
- Canadians throughout their history have been concerned over the status of their national literature. One of the major problems facing early Canadian writers was that the language and poetic conventions that they had inherited from the Old World were inadequate for the new scenery and conditions in which they now found themselves.
- As used originally by the ancient Greeks, the term philosophy meant the pursuit of knowledge for its own sake. The term philosophy is often used popularly to mean a set of basic values and attitudes toward life, nature, and society-thus the phrase “philosophy of life.
- Hemingway’s symbolic portrayal of women may be best revealed through an investigation of the much-maligned heroine of The Sun Also Rises, Lady Brett Ashley. Popular opinion dismisses her as a shallow, selfish, vain, alcoholic bitch. (”Bitch”, though admittedly crude in casual conversation and a term I despise, is the technical term the critics have assigned to the Hemingway heroines they don’t particularly like.
- The World Wide Web has lived up to its inventor’s dream of providing a brand new form of communication that complements the more traditional forms of print and conversation. But even before hypertext was the quiet revolution of e-mail. This unassuming stepchild of the Web has already created whole new genres of literature including “group humor”.