The novel ‘ The Jungle’ by Upton Sinclair took place in the 1900’s the main character in this book is Jurgis Rudkis and his dynamic change to Socialis...полностью>>
In After Ford 632, this is 632 years after Ford has released the first T-Ford ( year 2535 in our world), there is a World Society. People are made in ...полностью>>
By 1939 France and Great Britain had declared war on Germany. Germany had invaded Poland and was working towards European domination while on the othe...полностью>>
- The Salvation Army, an international movement, is a branch of the universal Christian Church. Based on the Bible, its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is both spiritual and practical, encompassing the preaching of the gospel of Jesus Christ and alleviating human suffering and distress without discrimination.
- The Salvation Army is an organization which devotes itself to people who have been disadvantaged in todays society. Their mission statement of then Salvation Army is “To provide assistance and resources to the Salvation Army in order that the Salvation Army is able to establish and maintain an internet presence.
- French Revolution, cataclysmic political and social upheaval, extending from 1789 to 1799. The revolution resulted, among other things, in the overthrow of the Bourbon monarchy in France and in the establishment of the First Republic. It was generated by a vast complex of causes, the most important of which were the inability of the ruling classes of nobility, clergy, and bourgeoisie to come to grips with the problems of state, the indecisive nature of the monarch, impoverishment of the workers, the intellectual ferment of the Age of Enlightenment, and the example of the American Revolution.
- Augustine of Hippo: (354-430) he was a native of Roman Africa and came under spell of Plotinus and Paul and converted to Christianity at 33. Before converting he was in a turbulent life which included gambling, womanizing, and a fathering illegitimate child.
- The fight for independence by various ethnic and religious factions has gone on in wha tis now known as the former Yugoslavia, since the early 19th century; fighting to gain control of the balkan state has gone on since the late 13th century.
- When I got up Saturday morning to go to Bolton I thought this would be the easiest yet most wonderful thing I’ve ever done in my life. I thought wrong. When I got to the school there was people wrapped around the building and cars everywhere.
- The art of persuasion was one of the greatest assets possessed by the patriarchs of The United States. It allowed our founding fathers to preserve the fragile Nation through the decade of Revolution and left for its posterity the legacy of the most celebrated works of American history.
- Jihad?for God?s cause, in spite of its extreme importance for the future of the religion has been rejected by the ulama of this age. They have feigned ignorance of it, but they know that it is the only way to the return and the establishment of glory of Islam anew? There is no doubt that the idols of this world can only disappear through the power of the sword.
- The Salvation Army was founded by William Booth. His goal was to create an international religious and charitable organization, dedicated to the propagation of the Christian faith and to the furnishing of various forms of assistance to persons in need of spiritual solace and material aid.
- When comparing the epic poem of The Song of Roland to the romantic literature of Ywain, the differences between the early medieval period and the high medieval period become evident. Both The Song of Roland and Ywain depicts the societies from which each story derives its fundamental characteristics.
- The English Civil War was a complicated, intellectual war between the two most powerful forces in England: Parliament and the King. Conflicts between the two powers began when King Charles I dissolved Parliament in 1625 because they would not give him the money he demanded to fund his war against Spain.
- The author by essence is the creator of his book akin to God creating in his own like image in man. With this in mind, Fyodor Dostoevsky through writing Crime and Punishment creates the essence of man that he believes to be a replica of himself. By creating specific characters in his novel, Dostoevsky demonstrates his likes and dislikes in humankind.
- “…79 this is 72….72A has just exploded…..They just disapeared. They must have hit a mine. I think they’re all dead……” On the 15th of the September 1992 Sgt. James Davis’ armoured personel carrier struck a TMA-3 anti-tank mine, although his comrades had thought them dead, they both survived the ordeal with little or no injury.
- Billy does this by putting the events of his life in perspective. He reorganizes his life so that all of it occurs within the context of his days in Europe during the war.
- The world witnessed some of the most horrific fighting and mass death during World War I. Its end left many philosophers and writers with an acrid taste for humanity. The glorified view of human reason and rational thought that had prevailed previously was now replaced with a view of humans as irrational animal-like beings.
- The candle light flickered in Dorothy Abramawitz s eyes. In her tiny, pudgy right hand she held the shammus, the host candle, and burned the wick until the flame was glowing brightly. While she began to light the first candle on the menorah, she heard her mother s voice singing softly, Boruch Atoh Adonoy, Eloheinu Melech Hoolom, Asher Kideshonu Bemitzvosov Vetzivonu Lehadlik Ner Chanukah.
- The history of Paramount Pictures begins in Hungary in 1873, with the birth of Adolf Zukor. He immigrated to the United States as a teenager in 1888, and by the turn of the century was a successful Chicago furrier. Recognizing a new market, he entered the business of penny arcades at the age of 30; in 1905, he became business partners with Marcus Loew, who acquired a chain of nickelodeons across the country.
- We have already seen that the focus is on Macbeth and his wife, furthermore, we have seen that the crucial problem is the decision and the act, especially in which sense you can consciously and freely choose to do evil, then do it and then be faced with the consequences.
- To get the sacrifices the Aztec went to war with other tribes in Mexico to get these human sacrifices (Conrad & Demmest 47-49) . With each conquest more sacrifices and more land was added to the Aztec kingdom. The Aztec were a strong civilization who were familiar with organized large scale war, had specialized war chiefs, and a well organized system of territorial levy in which large armies could be amassed in a short time (Age of Reconnaissance 1 4-1 5).
- pic Characteristics of Milton’s Masterwork Paradise Lost is one of the finest examples of the epic tradition in all of literature In composing this extraordinary work, John Milton was, for the most part, following in the manner of epic poets of past centuries: Barbara Lewalski notes that Paradise Lost is an “epic whose closest structural affinities are to Virgil’s Aeneid “; she continues, however, to state that we now recognize as well the influence of epic traditions and the presence of epic features other than Virgilian Among the poem’s Homeric elements are its Iliadic subject, the death and