В информатике под произвольным доступом (также называемым случайным доступом или прямым доступом, англ. random access) понимают возможность обратиться...полностью>>
Понятие «переходной эпохи», сопряженное с понятием «устойчивое развитие», и понятие «переходность макросистемы», сопряженное с понятием «социально-уст...полностью>>
Бухгалтерский учет и аудит->Контрольная работа
Приход в нашей стране рыночных отношений сделал объективно необходимым реформирование бухгалтерского учета и налоговой системы. Это, в свою очередь, ...полностью>>
Категория «финансы» являлась предметом исследования многих поколений ученых. Однако наиболее глубоко указанная категория исследована отечественными уч...полностью>>
- Wuthering Heights, written by Emily Bront?, can be classified as a Romantic novel, because it contains many tenets of Romanticism. Romanticism was the initial literary reaction to changes in society caused by the industrial revolution: it was an attempt to organize the chaos of the clash between the agrarian and the industrial ways of life.
- In their book On Moral Grounds: The Art/Science of Ethics, Daniel C. Maguire and A. Nicholas Fargnoli consider the many issues that modern science presents – many of which wouldhave been science fiction only 10 years ago. One of the most debatable new issues is cloning.
- The presidential election that took place in 1960 was an interesting one. Newcomer, John F. Kennedy verses the Vice President, Richard M. Nixon. It was experimental with its trail of televised debates. It also marked the second in which a catholic had run for president and more importantly the first in which a catholic attained victory.
- The Crucible is a play, which brings attention to many timeless issues. The nature of good and evil, power and its corruption, honor and integrity and irony are all brought up in Arthur Miller s The Crucible. Irony what doe sit men? Irony means incongruity between what is expected to happen and what actually occurs.
- Where Chaos begins, classical science ends. Ever since physicists have inquired into the laws of nature, the have not begun to explore irregular side of nature, the erratic and discontinuous side, that have always puzzled scientists. They did not attempt to understand disorder in the atmosphere, the turbulent sea, the oscillations of the heart and brain, and the fluctuations of wildlife populations.
- During the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, there were many technological advances that changed the way war was looked upon. War was no longer two opposing groups meeting in a field for a prearranged fight. It had evolved into a strategic game where the stronger your toys, the better your team fought.
- The Journey of Odysseus and TelemachosIn The Odyssey written by Homer and translated by Richard Lattimore,several themes are made evident, conceived by the nature of the timeperiod, and customs of the Greek people. These molded and shaped theactual flow of events and outcomes of the poem.
- My father once told me the only things we have no choice but to do in this life are to die and pay taxes. Although he may have been correct, we can probably make some educated choices to affect the result of both. Due to the evolution of our society and advances of modern day medicine, our choices in either of these obligations may be vast but also limited to our knowledge and the planning we engage.
- ? Although one can argue that Nicholas was not prepared to be Tsar, and Alexander?s accession to the throne was unfortunate, this does not alter the fact that both Tsars turned their backs on reform and turned their attention instead to bitter repression.
- To many World War II has been the most devastating war in human history. It had been global military conflict that caused the loss of millions of lives as well as material destruction. The war began in Europe in September of 1939. It ended on May 8, 1945.
- In literature, similar themes are portrayed in many different ways, mostly according to the time period they were written in. A new generation of writers came of age after the civil war, known as the realists. They dominated American fiction from the late nineteenth century to the middle of the twentieth.
- The United Nations Development Fund for Women reports that women are still the poorest of the world?s poor, representing 70% of the 1.3 billion people who live in absolute poverty. They also estimate that nearly 900 million women in the world have incomes of less than $1 a day.
- The rights of the child are considered equal to those of the parent, the pupil’s to that of the teacher, Jack is as good as his master, a professor of economics’ political assessment judgement is neither superior nor inferior to that of an illiterate road labourer, each being provided with identical voting power.
- The reason for this is that once the baby is born that the parents may change their mind if they want to keep it.
- The Election of 1864 took place in the midst of the Civil War, a time when our country was in a crisis that could change the future drastically. Abraham Lincoln had just finished his previous term as president and had been unanimously nominated as the Republicans candidate for president.
- When people think of their environment people think of their immediate surroundings; however, one’s environment goes beyond and further into the psychological connection to one’s personal environment. To further explain, Gallagher discusses three different aspects of The Power of Place: Outside In, Inside Out, and Synchrony.
- National Lampoon s European Vacation(1985),though almost certainly produced as “pure entertainment” in Richard Dyer s sense of the term, presents to the careful reader much more than simply ninety-five minutes of farce. Underlying nearly every scene and every character s motivations are cultural stereotypes and assumptions intended to go unnoticed within the text.
- The western way of living and more generally, the way westerners think and behave, in the twentieth century appears to have little or no connection to the east and eastern philosophies, but in fact America has been more influenced in these factors by the east than almost any other region.
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz is a fictional adventure/fantasy that was written by L. Frank Baum in 1965. L. Frank Baum was born near Chittenango, New York in 1856. Frank grew up with a heart condition so he couldn’t play physically like other children so he developed a creative side, so he decided to write stories.
- The disaster: the explosion of the Space Shuttle Challenger. (Compton’s 1) Many people thought that disaster couldn’t strike because a civilian was on board. But as the whole nation found out, nobody is immortal.