Физкультура и спорт->Лекция
Степень успешности и безопасности любых, как рекреационных, так и спортивных туристских мероприятий, базируется на всесторонней подготовленности их уч...полностью>>
Физкультура и спорт->Лекция
Если мы будем рассматривать спортивный туризм, то можно, не рискуя ошибиться, утверждать, что фактически любой поход, от 1-й до 6-й категории сложност...полностью>>
В настоящее время человечество накопило столько знаний и опыта, что этого достаточно для успешного управления Но, возможно, нет другой области деятель...полностью>>
- The Medici of FlorenceJason N WesselsHST 403, Mr ReedHarris-Stowe State College, Spring 1998 1Introduction The Medici Family ruled over Florence for four generations at the center of the Italian Renaissance. They commissioned some of the world’s most celebrated works of art , and propelled Italian thought and philosophy to new heights.
- These interests included the arts and education. The Renaissance was a rebirth of Greek and Roman ideas. Ideas such as Humanism, Individualism, and naturalism became important to many. Painters, sculptors, and architects created many fine works which reflected these ideas.
- Prior to the publication of De Revolutionibus, astronomical theories proposed that the earth was the centre of the universe and all the planets revolved around the earth. This was a view that was supported by both Aristotle and Ptolemy although Ptolemy’s work was based upon observations and scientific methods as opposed to Aristotle who was in effect theorising based upon religious belief.
- This very smooth and natural looking sculpture was originally part of Medici courtyard and is the only David of the four created for a private collection. There are a few symbolic ingredients to this David. The style of the figure refers to antiquity for the balance and composition of the nude.
- Awe inspiring is the only way to describe Michelangelos statue of David. Probably the most recognized sculpture in the world, it was created during thethree year period between the years 1501 and 1504. During this period in timeEurope was going through the Renaissance.
- Niccolo Machiavelli was born in Florence on May 3rd, 1469. He received a humanistic education typical of the time, and went on to become a banker in Rome. He then returned to Florence in 1494, the same year the Medici family, who had been the ruling family of Florence for decades, lost their throne to Charles VIII of France.
- Niccol Machiavelli’s The Prince is a blunt political pamphlet concerning the various kinds of principalities, military affairs, the qualities of a Prince, and Machiavelli’s views on Italy’s political status during the Renaissance. Machiavelli uses many specific examples throughout the text both ancient and current to Renaissance era.
- Within only a few decades, between the years 1450 and 1550, the history of the world was changed drastically. During that century, in which the modern world was born, Gutenberg perfected printing, Christopher Columbous discovered continents unknown to Europe, it was found that the Earth revolved around the sun, Luther founded a new religion, the cannon and harquebus ended the age of chivalry, and Leonardo da Vinci and Michelangelo created a new form of art.
- The key issues over which the Italian Wars were fought were primarily financial incentives for Charles VIII of France. He declared that he intended to use Naples as a base to drive the Ottomans out of Europe and liberate Constantinople. In actual truth his main motivation was self-glory and the mouth-watering prospect of acquiring some exquisite prizes of war.
- “What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason, how infinite in faculties, in form and moving how express and admirable, in action how like an angel, in apprehension how like a god! The beauty of the world, the paragon of animals!”Hamlet, Act 2, Scene 2Modern art critics regard renaissance art as graphic narratives of political and social events that occurred in the 14th through 16th century Europe.
- The only way it was possible to get ahead was to be part of the inner circle. It didn’t really matter what the issue was or what sort of implications it carried. All that mattered was knowing the right person, having the right information, making the right introductions, and going to the right parties.
- The Renaissance During the era known as the Renaissance Europe emerged from its economic troubles of the Middle Ages and experienced a time of financial growth. Also the Renaissance was an age in which artistic, social, scientific and political thought turned in new directions however.
- The Prince is by far Machiavelli’s most well known and important work. In 1513, after his exile from Florence, Machiavelli began this great work. In The Prince, Machiavelli dedicated it to Lorenzo de Medici, who never responded to the privately sent copy.
- in 1759, blind, but was still seen as a celebrity. Due to Messiah s length and it s contemplative rather than dramatic approach to nature, it makes it a not typical oratorio. For Unto Us A Child is Born is a splendid example of Handel s choral style, an element which makes oratorios so popular.
- Ford Madox Ford s narrative of The Good Soldier: A Tale of Passion engages you as a silent but active listener and reveals details about people acting as themselves. The Good Soldier, unlike what the title suggests, is not a novel about war or an allegory about the defects of society traced back to the defects of human nature.
- Sometime soon after the year 1430, a bronze statue of David stood in the courtyard of the house of the Medici. The work was commissioned of Donatello by Cosimo d’Medici himself, the founding father of the Republic of Florence. It was the first free-standing, life sized nude since classical victorious athletes of Greece and Rome.
- Machiavelli’s the Prince The Prince, written in 1513 by Niccolo Machiavelli is regarded as one of the most crucial yet controversial works in the field of political science. It holds Machiavelli’s observations and reflections on Italian political history.
- The Prince, one of the most popular and well known doctrines of political thought was also one of the greatest works of Niccol Machiavelli. First published in 1513, The Prince was written in response to the failure of the Greek-based Italian city-states.
- When most people think of the word Machiavelli, they usually think of evil. Nicolo Machiavelli is often thought of as a devil. Indeed, shortly after the book’s publication, he was vilified. Only recently has he started to be thought of as a perceptive analyst, with a unique knowledge of human nature (Curry, 5).
- The Agony and the Ecstacy depicts Michelangelo?s struggle to become the embodiment of Renaissance humanism. In the course of the novel Michelangelo must overcome the interference of his family, religious dogma, political intrigue, papal patronage, military campaigns, and artistic jealousy to realize his artistic ambition.