В июне 1594 года после возвращения с отрядом казаков из похода в Молдавию против турок, Северин Наливайко призвал запорожцев выступить против польског...полностью>>
Замок был окружен валом высотой 10 м, шириной в 15 м, укрепленным с внутренней стороны каменной стеной толщиной 1,25 м, и двумя рвами с водой. Пройти ...полностью>>
Долгосрочная эффективная работа любого предприятия, его экономический рост определяются правильным выбором стратегических ориентиров, позволяющих наил...полностью>>
- The debate regarding the media’s relationship to violence in society has been a hot issue for most of the past century. From the beginning of the wide use of mass media, from films to radio to television, researchers have tried to explain any association or correlation between media effects and violence.
- A moral panic is a term used to describe a sudden flurry of conservative attitudes towards the media (usually film or music) when something which is perceived as too shocking or graphic is released to the public. For example when the film Reservoir Dogs was released in the UK there was a “Moral Panic” because many thought that the wanton violence, and in particular the way the violence was treated by director Quentin Tarantino was offensive and repulsive.
- Can we really achieve equality? I do believe it is possible but it is obvious that there is no single answer to such a question. Everyone has their own opinion in regards to this question, however those opinions are useless unless they are actually carried out.
- Medea wastes no time before she begins lamenting and cursing those who "dared wrong me without cause." The Chorus tries to comfort Medea, hoping that this might "lessen her fierce rage / And her frenzy of spirit.
- Imagine the emotionless testimony of a violent youngster, who may not realize he is fingering an accomplice as he quickly excuses his violent act, Oh I don t know. I just saw it on TV. Countless acts of senseless violence in the past few decades have led our society to believe that although freedom of speech is a trait that separates America from many other countries, it has also made us more brutal.
- Why not Switzerland or Australia. Are we not as civilized and advanced as they? I believe it is this numbness to violence that has made America so violent. When I think back to my childhood and remember television I remember watching such programs as “Sesame Street”, “Mr.
- After considering the increase in rape and molestation, sexual harassment, and other sex crimes over the last few decades, and also the corresponding increase of business in the pornography industry, does the media cause undesirable social consequences with specific reference to pornography and violence.
- Since the late 1980’s rap music has been called the Anti Christ in our culture, because of it’s so-called influence in people’s life. People swear up and down that the music is why people, specially the youth resort to violent crimes. I think by saying this they are trying to cover up the real truth by giving simple answers.
- “A nursery school teacher told me her children were crudely bopping each other much more than previously, without provocation. When she discussed it with them, they protested ‘But that’s what the Three Stooges do.’ This incident did not signify a serious undermining of character, but it certainly showed me that watching violence can affect a children’s standards of behavior.
- One of the most compelling problems I have found is that there is too much violence shown in television shows. As a father it is my responsibility to censor and educate my children on the positive and negative aspects of watching certain television shows.
- The purpose of this essay is to study various kinds of tension and violence existing between men and women in short stories Her Table Spread by Elizabeth Bowen, Rope by Katherine Anne Porter and The Time of Death by Alice Munro. In my essay I will view the character features of the principal characters seen mainly from the point of view of the opposite sex.
- My partner and I are both seniors attending High School. This upcoming summer will be my third year life guarding at the Columbian Swim Club, in Union. My partner has worked in the building next door, the Boys & Girls Club, for the past two years. Both of our jobs are centered on children.
- It has been calculated that American kids see about 200, acts of violence and 25, murders on TV by the time they reach age 18. (Schleifer 18) Arrests of people under the age of 18 for violent crimes rose 47 percent from 1988 to 1992. (Miller 174) The American Medical Association conducted a study that found a direct relationship between viewing and homicide.
- Many people have been debating over the recent changes in television. Because the increasing juvenile crime rate is blamed on the rise in television violence, many people are pushing to regulate, or remove violence on television. There have been many claims that television violence has affected the children.
- Television violence causes destructive behavior in children, however; television can be a powerful influence to young viewers in our society. Unfortunately, much of today’s television programming are very violent. Many researchers like scientists, pediatricians, and child researchers in many countries have studied to find out what it is about television violence that makes it such a big affect on the way kids act and behave.
- ‘A Balanced Economic State’ Two main economic systems have been developed since the Industrial Revolution, these are Capitalism and Socialism. Both systems have advantages and disadvantages, this essay will explain these, and also give my proposals for a mixed system for the whole society of the United Kingdom.
- Initially, when it is thought that a change is needed within a system,an attempt is made for peaceful reform; this ultimately fails as a result of people s greed outlasting their patience to settle things equitably. When both parties are motivated by self gain, it is the basest of human nature to fight to the bitter, bloody end for what they believe in and see as just.
- Singapore, of course, is the city-state that accords near-perfect freedom to banks and corporations while jailing political activists and caning messy tenants and people who chew gum in public. When WTO ministers gathered in Singapore in 1997, their business was unimpeded by any outside agitators.
- In 1994, the critics hail an animated masterpiece, not only for its artwork and music, but also for the plotline: an evil uncle displaces the heir to the throne and sends him into exile. Years later, following both a prophecy and an encounter with the ghost of the old king, the heir is persuaded to return to his home, avenge his father’s death, and take his proper place as the ruler of the kingdom.
- Since the beginning, there have been mixed reactions to television and it was E.B. White who wrote “I believe that television is going to be the test of the modern world, and in this new opportunity to see beyond the range of our own vision, we shall discover either a new and unbearable disturbance of the general peace or a saving radiance in the sky.