Учился в сельской школе, затем в реальном училище в Череповце. В 1915 году уехал в Петроград, где поступил на экономическое отделение Политехнического...полностью>>
Some families never even made it out of their homes. The quake was registered at 8.3 and lasted for ninety seconds, causing people to reach the state ...полностью>>
It has been helping scientists find answers to the unknown, aiding companies like VISA incorporation to spread around the globe, and assisting tourist...полностью>>
- In analyzing the story, The Worn Path, written by Eudora Welty, I have taken what was printed in black and white, and translated the meaning to the colorful outlook on life which was intended by the author. Finding the literal and true meaning of what an author expresses sometimes entails looking past what has simply been written.
- Intolerance is something that everyone has to deal with; It is a nation-wide problem. There are many forms of intolerance and all of them lead to devastation. This is shown throughout history, literature and in personal events. We are the only ones who can stop it.
- Cutting, purging, starving, and drug abuse are all self-destructive behaviors faced by Americans today. Americans like to think that the ingestion of a simple pill will help dissolve their problems. Society tends to ignore the adverse effects of anti-depressants because of the wonders that they work.
- Rebels against realityWhen Heinrich von Kleist published his novella The Marquise of O- in 1808, its reception in Dresden and Berlin was grimly typical. “To describe the plot is to banish oneself from polite society,” said one critic. So few readers did Kleist think he had that shortly before he shot himself on the bank of the Wannsee at the age of 34, he wrote to Marie von Kleist, a family relation: “If it were in my power, I assure you I would alter my decision to die.
- Throughout the ages music has been a method for people to express emotions, convey ideas, tell stories, and say what is on their mind. In the process of its development there have been many different types of music that have formed. They range as widely as classical symphonies to modern day hip-hop rap.
- Throughout time, many pieces of literature have been written, along with even more pieces of criticism. Some of the analysis of the plays and stories try to explain why the stories are good or not. The play Hamlet written by William Shakespeare has many essays of criticism about it, where authors try to promote their viewpoint of the story.
- Many forms of popular culture today are inspired by themes, characters, and other references in various types of classical literature. John Denver?s song ?Calypso? is about the relationship between men and women, and he bases this comparison on the relationship between Kalypso and Odysseus in Homer?s the Odyssey.
- The subject of censorship is a very controversial one, especially the banning of books. Many people believe they must protect themselves and others from the “evils” of many classic books and works of art because they can be deemed “indecent” in one way or another.
- The Chosen, a fiction novel written in 1967 by Chaim Potok, is about two young Jewish boys and their friendship. It takes us along with them on their journey from adolescence to adulthood. They face many conflicts, and through those trials the author makes his readers think more deeply into life?s true meanings.
- Renaissance is a word used by historians to describe a period in European cultural history that began in Italy around 1400 and lasted until the end of the 1500s. This word, which is French, means rebirth. The Renaissance was the rebirth of classical literature, the rebirth of art, and the revival of learning.
- All literary works are written from a specific standpoint. This standpoint originates from the mind of the author. The author, when creating his literary work, has a specific diagram/plan and vision of what the story is supposed to convey. However, not all readers will interpret the literary work in the way that the author him/herself has presented it.
- Every culture of the world has its stories. Whether large or small, technologically developed or ancient, nomadic or settled, every population on Earth has a unique mythological tradition and special history. Despite the great variety that can be found among these tales, there are certain characteristics that repeat from story to story.
- pic Characteristics of Milton’s Masterwork Paradise Lost is one of the finest examples of the epic tradition in all of literature In composing this extraordinary work, John Milton was, for the most part, following in the manner of epic poets of past centuries: Barbara Lewalski notes that Paradise Lost is an “epic whose closest structural affinities are to Virgil’s Aeneid “; she continues, however, to state that we now recognize as well the influence of epic traditions and the presence of epic features other than Virgilian Among the poem’s Homeric elements are its Iliadic subject, the death and
- The are three mountain ranges in Colombia that form the Andes. These are known as Cordilleras, which means range. The Cordillera Occidental is 80 miles long and is about ,500 ft. high. This range is on the western area that stretches from the equator to the Caribbean Sea.
- From the time that man became a thinking and reasoning being, there has been a driving need to explain what is unknown to us. Man?s fear of the unknown and his need to explain it gave rise to various different religions that attempted to provide answers to all of man?s mystical questions.
- I. SocratesThe most interesting and influential thinker in the fifth century was Socrates, whose dedication to careful reasoning transformed the entire enterprise. Since he sought genuine knowledge rather than mere victory over an opponent, He familiarized himself with the rhetoric and dialectics of the Sophists, the speculations of the Lonian philosophers, and the general culture of Periclean Athens.
- Edgar Allen Poe, born on January 19, 1809, is one of the greatest American writers of all time. “The story of Edgar Allen Poe’s life remains one of the most disputed and slandered in the pages of American biography, despite conscious attempts to revise the story and rehabilitate the life.
- The Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass details the life of Frederick Augustus Washington Bailey, from his birth in Talbot County, Maryland to his speech (as a free man) during an anti-slavery convention in Nantucket, on August 11, 1841. The Narrative was written between 1844 and 1845 in Lynn, Massachusetts.
- To generations of schoolchildren, Gulliver s Travels has been a delightful visit to a faraway fantasy kingdom. Upon a closer look, Gulliver s Travels is found to be a potentially critical and very insightful piece, satirizing the political and social systems of eighteenth-century England.
- From the youngest child to the oldest man, everyone has experienced the unpleasant feeling of disappointment. Everyone has been to a place that was not all that they anticipated it to be. No one can say that someone has never somehow let them down. At one point or another, everyone has been disappointed in something they have purchased.