С 1680 году к приказу Большой казны перешло заведование таможнями, померной и мытной избой, денежными доходами с кабаков, кружечных дворов, конских пл...полностью>>
Як відомо з історії, залежно від рівня розвитку суспільства, від його потреб і проблем з часом мали місце періодичні зміни наук-лідерів. Якщо у 16 ст....полностью>>
The atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki marked the end to the world’s largest armed conflict. Many debates have surfaced over the ethics of such...полностью>>
- Imagine this, you are a 70-year-old man/women lying in your deathbed. Your destiny is foreseeable, and you know you will soon die. All your life you have had to deal with the emotional pains of life, and now in the last few weeks of your life, you feel every part of your body aching, your AIDS has gotten worse, you hardly have enough energy to hold up your head.
- The views and beliefs of societies are often portrayed in the literature, art, and cinema of a certain era. The epic poems, The Iliad and Odyssey, give scholars and historians an idea how the Ancient Greek lived their everyday lives. By reading the two “novels,” the reader is able to experience the three thousand years old society of Homer.
- Page 13 / Chapter 1 As Ultima walked past me I smelled for the first time a trace of the sweet fragrance of herbs that always lingered in her wake. Many years later, long after Ultima was gone and I had grown to be a man, I would awaken sometimes at night and think I caught a scent of her fragrance in the cool-night breeze.
- You know nothing at all about anything called an external world in relation to an internal world. You don’t know who you are, you haven’t even the idea of the word you or me. It is before all that.
- In life there are many people and events that one will encounter that will have such an impact on their life that it will stick to them for as long as they can remember. In Rudolfo Anaya?s Bless Me Ultima, Antonio has encountered many events in his life that taught him a great deal.
- Salem, Massachusetts is located along a beautiful, vivacious harbor about 16 miles northeast of Boston. Salem has been known for a very long time for its many interesting historic sites. Some of these sites include places such as the birthplace of Nathaniel Hawthorne, the House of Seven Gables (this is where Hawthorne wrote his famous novel), the Essex Institute, and the Peabody Museum.
- ^^^^^^^^^^ GEORGE ELIOT: THE AUTHOR AND HER TIMES George Eliot was not her real name. She was born in 1819 as Marian (or Mary Anne) Evans, the youngest child of a prosperous estate manager in the rural English Midlands. Even as a child, it was apparent that she was very bright–and unfortunately homely.
- Clan of the Cave Bear Chapter Summary’s Chapter 1: According to the map in the beginning of the book, this story takes place roughly 25- 30, yrs before the present time. The place that it takes place is in pre-historic Europe, during the ice age. The chapter begins with a small girl having fun in some water, after leaving her house.
- Celts is the name given to a culture rather than a race. Celts varied from curly hair brown hair through red hair. They occupied central and Northern Europe including the British Isles in the Pre-roman period, gradually being pushed further north and westwards by the Roman peoples and the Nordic and Saxon peoples.
- Most experts agree that witchcraft represents “the old, pre-Christian, tribal religion of Europe” (Starhawk Truth or Dare 7). Although witchcraft is commonly associated with the use of magical spells and other anti-social behaviors, experts also agree that true witchcraft is actually nothing more than “a form of nature worship that has long been popular in alternative circles” (Catala 2).
- The citizens and knights are “many worthy men” (45) and Gawain is given the designation that “most welcome he was of all guests in the / world” (47).
- What is Witchcraft? Well, that depends on whose definition you want to use. The terms “Witch” and “Witchcraft” have been used to describe that accused of Christian heresies, not-so-neighborly behavior or practicing medicine without a license. In some cultures, Witches are tribal shamans or healers to be sought out and honored.
- According to an ancient superstition a werewolf is a man who is transformed, or who transforms himself, into a wolf in nature and appearance. The werewolf, sometimes transformed under the influence of a full moon, roams about at night, devouring infants or corpses.
- The Mohegan and the Pequot were jointly ruled by the Pequot Chief Sassucus until a sub chief Uncas lead a rebellion that lead to Mohegan independence. The Pequot tribe was besieged and broken a part. The Mohegans took control of Pequot tribes and lands.
- The Rural Society in Hardy s time was split into two clear divisions, the higher class and the poor class. The high classes were rich landowners that never did any physical work and they employed the poor. The poorer class would work hard in the fields doing agricultural work.