Эпоха средних веков охватывает период со второй половины пятого века (начальной точкой здесь служит взятие Рима Одоакром в 476 году и окончательное па...полностью>>
В множестве смыслов, являющихся особо актуальными для развития научной теоретико-мировоззренческой мысли ХХ и текущего столетия, особое место принадле...полностью>>
Итак, ценность как самостоятельное понятие появилось среди традиционных философских категорий только около века назад, но в последующие годы из аксиол...полностью>>
В принципиальном споре между основными лагерями философии вокруг сущности сознания, его отношения к бытию, материи наиболее острым и трудным для матер...полностью>>
- He has been a Buddhist monk since he was 1 years old, he earned a reputation as a respected writer, scholar, and leader. He is known as Thay ("Teacher") to his followers. He has headed a movement known as "Engaged Buddhism," which involved traditional meditative practices with active nonviolent civil disobedience.
- Simply by its name, the action film genre would seem to be the easiest of all genres to describe. In fact, unlike a genre such as the Western, whose generic markers are largely clear-cut (deserts, cowboys, horses, shoot-outs on Main Street, the frontier), the action film can be defined so broadly that it becomes a term of almost no use at all.
- There are many things that could effect the lives of millions, but there is one thing that really stands out from the others, The Power of One . The important thing about the power of one person is that we need to look at what that one person is doing that is making a difference.
- There have been many great civil rights activists in our history, fighting against the oppression of blacks. I think Martin Luther King Jr. said it best in his essay ?Three Ways of Responding to Oppression?. Mr. King believed the best defense and offense against oppression was the way of nonviolent resistance; ?seeking to reconcile the truths of two opposites-acquiescence and violence-while avoiding the extremes and immoralities of both?.
- Where would music be had it not been for the men that stepped before him. The Motzarts and Beethovens, who wrote the music that today is known as the classics. These men were naturals in their own right, but these people wrote their music in the 17th and 18th century.
- The next morning they showed up again accompanied by twenty five fellow students. By the next week their sit down had been repeated in fourteen cities in five deep south states. In the weeks to follow many new protests arose.
- 1943?-, Polish labor and political leader, president of POLAND (1990-95). In 1980 he assumed leadership of the independent trade union SOLIDARITY. A moderate, he gained numerous concessions from the authorities before his arrest and internment in the military crackdown of 1981.
- During the 20th century there were many great individuals throughout the world but none stand out more to me than Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi. He was an Indian nationalist leader, who established his country’s freedom through a nonviolent revolution. He considered the term?s passive resistance and civil disobedience inadequate for his purposes, however, and coined another term, Satyagraha (?truth and firmness?).
- A myth is a purely fictional story that has been passed on for generations, usually involving supernatural persons, actions or events. Hercules (also called Herakles), is one of the strongest and most celebrated mythical heroes. These myths were made up thousands of years ago and have acquired more details as they have been passed down.
- Guevara, Che, real name Ernesto Guevara (1928-1967), Latin American guerrilla leader and revolutionary theorist, who became a hero to the New Left radicals of the 1960s. Born into a middle-class family in Rosario, Argentina, Guevara received a medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires in 1953.
- Moving from this point I am going to bring about a structural comparison between two governmental systems that are India and Macau .Both countries have their own unique types of governmental structures , judiciary and parliaments which really caught my deep interest to know more about these countries , and to apply comparative method between the two governments.
- What comes to mind when one thinks of Harry Houdini? There are many things one could say, magic, escapes, perseverance, hard work, determination, fame, etc. Houdini was a master magician as well as a superb escape artist. (Harry 1) Houdini was one of the most determined men in history.
- Mohandus Gandhi has had many influences on the world today. He was born on October 2nd, 1869 in Porbandar, West India. He became one of the most respected, spiritual and political leaders of the 1900’s. He acquired the name Mahatma, which means “soul force?.
- 1945 Ho Chi Minh and his People’s Congress create the National Liberation Committee of Vietnam to form a provisional government following the surrender of Japan to Allied forces and Japan transfers all power to Ho’s Vietminh. President Roosevelt dies Making good on his threat to unleash “…a rain of ruin the like of which has never been seen on earth…,” President Harry Truman authorizes the dropping of two atomic bombs on Japan — one on Hiroshima on August 6, and a second on Nagasaki on August 9.
- By using realistic parallels to actual human qualities of his audience and himself, James Baldwin is able to add useful conflict to his plays. Baldwin enforces his plots through discovery of his characters and his own identity. He allows his audience to become part of the story by giving them reason to identify with his characters or himself.
- Few men have ever had as much of an effect on our world as Mohandas Gandhi (1869-1948), though he used the message of peace and love, rather than war and destruction. One time a prominent lawyer in South Africa, Gandhi gave up practicing law and returned to India in order to help ease the suffering of the repressed people of his homeland.
- There is no doubt that pleasure is good. Whether the pleasure is emotional or physical; whether we get this pleasure through taste, touch, sight, scent, or hearing; it makes no difference. Pleasure is always enjoyable. In fact the words pleasure and good are often times interchangeable.
- Few men have ever had as much of an effect on our world as Mohandas Gandhi, though he used the message of peace and love, rather than war and destruction. One time a prominent lawyer in South Africa, Gandhi gave up practicing law and returned to India in order to help ease the suffering of the repressed people of his homeland.
- Statistical data indicates that we are becoming a more integrated society everyday. Presently, in the U.S we have 1.3 million interracial marriages, and the number continues to rise (Newsweek, p.38). For our multicultural group presentation, my group, Imagine, choose to study interracial relationships in America.
- Elizabeth Taylor- Greenfield is one of these African-American’s who has made several accomplishments that many may be unaware of.