It is easy to believe that the middle-class working individual, whether he or she is white collar or blue collar, wields little political power except...полностью>>
The first key element in an OOUI is, does a Product consist of a collection of cooperating objects is and views of objects. In the movie the two thing...полностью>>
Johann David Wyss?s The Swiss Family Robinson was first published in the year of 1812. This is a good story for anyone to read. It teaches many moral ...полностью>>
- The saying, “Opposites attract” actually comes to life in The Chosen, by Chaim Potok. There are both similarities and differences between Reuven and Danny. Usually, close friends have more similarities than differences, but not Reuven and Danny. They really are total opposites.
- Themes are literary tools used by authors to enhance their writings. When a similar theme exists in two different novels, parallels can often be drawn between the characters and structures of literary work. Such is the case for Bernard Malamud?s The Assistant and Chaim Potok?s The Chosen.
- The Chosen, a fiction novel written in 1967 by Chaim Potok, is about two young Jewish boys and their friendship. It takes us along with them on their journey from adolescence to adulthood. They face many conflicts, and through those trials the author makes his readers think more deeply into life?s true meanings.
- The Internet must be censored to the utmost. Many people complain that censorship is the violation of the first amendment and the suppression of freedom of speech but there is a point where freedom of speech becomes corrupt; freedom of speech only creates an excuse for the vile pornographers to poison our nation let alone our children.
- The Dreyfus affair was the result of many unfortunate circumstances, not the planned premeditated intervention of the French Army. It was the outcome of reasonable suspicion, acted on by contempt, some circumstantial evidence, and instinctive prejudice.
- Long ago, a great controversy arose between Israel and the Palestinians. Israel believed it should have the right to the Holy Land; including the city of Jerusalem, the West Bank, the Gaza Strip, and the Golan Heights. At the same time, the Palestinians believed that they had the same rights.
- Fathers and Sons could of have easily been the title for Chaim Potok s novel The Chosen. In his first book, The Chosen, Potok portrays two different father and son relationships where the tradition becomes the source of conflict for his central characters, as they each seek their identities in the contemporary, secular society1.
- The main essence of Israel’s development has been aliyah, immigration of Jews from dozens of countries on every continent speaking over 100 different languages. They came from Russia before the revolution, from Germany and Austria fleeing the Nazis and from Poland, Hungary, Romania and Czechoslovakia out of the ashes of the Holocaust.
- Christianity was traditionally understood to be founded by Jesus of Nazareth. Paul of Tarsus, after his conversion on the road to Damascus, worked tirelessly to establish Christianity among both Jews and God-fearing Gentiles of the Diaspora. Clues in the New Testament indicate that there was a significant rift between Paul and the Jewish leadership early in the history of the Church.
- S.Asin phiosophies to the West. Third World countries w/ collective widespread lasting poverty in Asia , Africa, South and Cent, Amer. Low life expect. High inf. mortality. Poor health. Underdeveloped, lack of resources create this as well as colonization and exploitation by imperial powers.
- The name Israel referred to the people as a whole and to the northern kingdom of 10 tribes. Today it is used as a collective name for all Jewry and since 1948 for the Jewish state.
- According to the Jewish tradition being Jewish, means serving a God. However, if you were born Jewish in the Eastern Europe then you were persecuted against. You must not practice Judaism in the world of communism. That is why my family as many millions Jewish families immigrated to the United States-to seek freedom on the “shores of the country of freedom”.
- Einstein returned in 189 to the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, where he graduated, in 1900 as a secondary school teacher of mathematics and physics. After two years he obtained a post at the Swiss patent office in Bern.
- Both take an Orthodoxal approach to the written law of the Torah, and the differences in its interpretation are subtle enough to be dismissed.
- This paper discusses Jewish involvement in shaping United States immigration policy. In addition to a periodic interest in fostering the immigration of co- religionists as a result of anti- Semitic movements, Jews have an interest in opposing the establishment of ethnically and culturally homogeneous societies in which they reside as minorities.