Математика (от др -греч μάθημα — изучение, наука) — наука о структурах, порядке и отношениях, которая исторически сложилась на основе операций подсчёт...полностью>>
Финансовые науки->Курсовая работа
Головну роль у формуванні та розвитку економічної структури будь-якого сучасного суспільства грає державне регулювання, що реалізується у рамках еконо...полностью>>
Финансовые науки->Курсовая работа
Ведущую, определяющую роль в формировании и развитии экономической структуры любого современного общества играет государственное регулирование, осущес...полностью>>
Преступность - это социальное явление, зависима и производна от условий и характера общественного бытия, слагается из деяний, совершаемых людьми в общ...полностью>>
- The essential weakness of their moral education was the failure to provide any adequate sanction — [e.
- Roman history begins in a small village in central Italy; this unassuming village would grow into a small metropolis, conquer and control all of Italy, southern Europe, the Middle East, and Egypt, and find itself, by the start of what no other people had managed before: the ruled the entire world under a single administration for a considerable amount of time.
- The country of Greece, in 400-500 BCE was led to greatness by two city-states. These city-states, diverse in ideas and actions, were Sparta and Athens. Sparta and Athens were as different as night and day. Sparta glorified military tactics while Athens took relish in art and learning.
- Edgar Allan Poe is a man constantly searching for beauty to depart from the mental and moral ugliness in his life. This reflects in his the poetry and short stories. Poe sees evil as a major threat to himself and to man due to the fact that he lives in its presence.
- The Medici of FlorenceJason N WesselsHST 403, Mr ReedHarris-Stowe State College, Spring 1998 1Introduction The Medici Family ruled over Florence for four generations at the center of the Italian Renaissance. They commissioned some of the world’s most celebrated works of art , and propelled Italian thought and philosophy to new heights.
- The grandfather of Antony was the famous pleader, whom Marius put to death for having taken part with Sylla. His father was Antony, surnamed of Crete, not very famous or distinguished in public life, but a worthy good man, and particularly remarkable for his liberality, as may appear from a single example.
- To many World War II has been the most devastating war in human history. It had been global military conflict that caused the loss of millions of lives as well as material destruction. The war began in Europe in September of 1939. It ended on May 8, 1945.
- He is the main focal point of the book of Acts. 4. Peter His name meant rock or stone. He was the brother mof Andrew. He was a fisherman called by Jesus into his early ministry. He is well known by his 3 time denial. He was one of Jesus? favorite disciples.
- Dionysus, in Greek mythology is a god of wine and vegetation, who showed mortals how to cultivate grapevines and make wine. “He was good and gentle to those who honored him, but he brought madness and destruction upon those who spurned him or the orgiastic rituals of his cult” (Wendell 23)
- Strange man! Your countrymen are dying in battle upon the wall and within the city, and here you sit! And yet you are the person responsible for the raising of the war cry around Troy. You yourself would be very angry with any coward you caught shrinking away from this hateful war.
- Victorious athletes were professionals in the sense that they lived off the glory of their achievement ever afterwards. Their hometowns might reward them with: free meals for the rest of their lives, honorary appointments, or leadership positions in the community.
- In Poetics, Aristotle explains tragedy as a kind of imitation of a certain magnitude, using direct action instead of narration to achieve its desired affect. It is of an extremely serious nature. Tragedy is also complete, with a structure that unifies all of its parts.
- In The Odyssey, the act of storytelling plays a significant role in revealing the story of Odysseus. Each storyteller reveals a part of the past of Odysseus and his heroic deeds. Each of their stories gives insight into what a hero should be, according to the standards of the Greek society, and they each reflect a different aspect of a hero.
- In ancient times, the Greeks had absolute and undeniable respect for their gods. They demonstrated their admiration by putting in place many rituals and celebrations to reverence the gods that they loved and feared in order to ensure harmony with them.
- They were leading the horse away when young Alexander asked for a chance to ride him. A wager was made that if Alexander could not ride the horse he would pay the price for the horse. After the wager was made Alexander took the horse and pointed him in the direction of the sun.
- Fate plays a cruel role in the lives of everyone related to Oedipus. Not only was Oedipus’s life condemned from the start, but the lives of his four children were also ill fated. The entire bloodline, beginning with Oedipus, met a tragic end or led a tragic life through no fault of their own.
- The punishments we have today are laughable and dumb. Big deal, you are thrown in prison for a few years, you don t suffer one bit, but to the inmates, being thrown on a chain gang is so terrible.
- The Romans, unlike the Greeks were not gifted in abstract thought. They constructed no original system of philosophy, invented no major literary forms, and made no scientific discoveries. Yet, they excelled in the art of government and empire building, they created a workable world-state and developed skills in administration, law, and practical affairs.
- In the era of Homer, divine intervention was thought to be typical, and one of his foremost works, The Iliad, reflects this. Nearly all of the Greek gods are involved in the outcome of the Trojan War, which happens to be the background story of this epic poem.
- The sun sets. Its crimson shadow is cast over vast empires, empires that spanned centuries. As the world gazed on with admiration, the two ancient powers of Greece and Rome achieved architectural supremacy before its eyes. The temples and architectural ingenuity of these two powers immortalized their civilizations and left permanent indentation upon architectural design today.