By Professor Ray Wilde in London = Ask anyone under 50 in any reasonably successful organisation and they will tell you that business life is dramatic...полностью>>
At one time or another in our lives we will all host some sort of informal dinner party. While for many people, spur of the moment entertaining may be...полностью>>
The Red Balloon is about a little boy and his love for a red balloon. The movie is a French short movie which won the Cannes Film Festival Award. The ...полностью>>
- The issue of American culture and its globalisation has raised a lot of controversy. Today we are able to witness an essence of American culture almost everywhere around the world by what we call cultural icons of our times. Sneakers, blue jeans, burgers, Hollywood blockbusters are only a few.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- Книга американского профессора Ричарда Холла "Организации: структуры, процессы и результаты" с 1972 по 1999 гг выдержала семь изданий Один только этот факт позволяет сделать заключение о долговременном и устойчивом интересе западных читателей к рассматриваемой проблеме Кроме того, продолжительная востребованность книги на рынке говорит и о ее высоком качестве Сегодня и отечественный читатель имеет возможность познакомиться с этой книгой
- Concupiscence in Augustine and AquinasWhy are human beings evil? The Judaeo-Christianexplanation is in terms of original sin. The notion oforiginal sin comes from the biblical story in Genesis of howAdam and Eve lived in paradise, yet how they freely chose todisobey God, and how they were punished by God by being castout of paradise.
- Earth probably began about 4.5 billion years ago. A history of this life on Earth is recorded in fossil remains and traces of past life. It is a record of evolution for both life and the planet. Life and the planet have co-evolved, with life causing changes to the planet which in turn drive changes in life.
- The Three Gorges Dam project on China’s Yangzi River is the world’s largest hydroelectric undertaking. While Chinese leaders say the dam will improve river navigation, prevent periodic flooding, and provide the needed electricity for China’s growing economy, many doubt that the dam will be able to meet the proponents’ claims and instead point to evidence of environmental catastrophe if it is built.
- Jon Elster concluded his Making Sense of Marx with the claim that ?It is not possible today, morally or intellectually, to be a Marxist in the traditional sense? (1985, p.531). Acceptance of this statement depends, of course, on what is meant by traditional Marxism.
- Понятие стиля находится на пересечении нескольких наук: социологии, психологии, эстетики, семиотики, этики, культурологи и собственно лингвистики. Человек, владеющий стилем, - это, прежде всего, образованный и интеллигентный человек. Он понимает ситуацию и знает, что принято в подобных ситуациях говорить.
- In this paper, DR. ARUP RATAN GHOSH puts cinema into the orbit of Globalisation. The context and texts of ?identity?, MTV, beauty contest, cocacolaisation, localism, regionalism and nationalism, Amartya Sen?s notion on globalisation, block-buster films and cinema in general come with a serious approach to state the global matter of fact of the moving images.
- While the censorship of art is not a new phenomenon, recent years have witnessed renewed and intensified attempts to control popular culture. In particular, rap and rock music have come under increasing attack from various sides representing the entire left and right political spectrum, purportedly for their explicit sexual and violent lyrical contents.
- Some countries are becoming integrated into the global economy more quickly than others. Countries that have been able to integrate are seeing faster growth and reduced poverty.
- The World Wide Web is being seen more and more as an effective and above all inexpensive means of delivering courses in the tertiary education sector. It is important however that financial imperatives to not take precedence over educational goals. In the search for an effective approach to Web learning, an re-examination of learning theory is required.
- The project is expected to generate $1. 8 million in revenue. Doing business in a foreign country will be new to SNI. South Korea is an excellent place for this expansion of our market. "Korea, with its abundant skilled workforce, well-developed social infrastructure, and large domestic market?will create an environment in which business can prosper" (American Chamber of Commerce in Korea, 1998).
- Idiom is a phrase or expression whose total meaning differs from the meaning of the individual words For example, to blow one’s top (get angry) and behind the eight ball (in trouble) are English- language idioms Idioms come from language and generally cannot be translated literally (word for word) Foreign language students must learn them just as they would learn vocabulary words
- He was also, in the lexicon favored by nineteenth-century writers, a despot, a ruler whose authority was unchecked and arbitrary, his decisions ratified by no one, his choices subject to no identifiable norms or criteria.
- Some questions, however, can be set forth that outline parameters within which to begin understanding Augustine on the issue of human freedom and its origins/causes. If evil originates in the human will, from where does the will come? Are there any limitations to human freedom? Is the human will neutral or does it have a bias toward good? A bias toward evil? Where does free choice of the will come into play when individuals are saved by God’s grace alone? What is meant by free will? On these questions, and many more related, Augustine has been an immense help.
- Throughout one s life generalizations and characterizations are made about one s personality. It starts almost the second one is born, “She has a cranky demeanor, she cries all the time.” During the school years children are characterized as outgoing, energetic, antisocial, shy, aggressive, etc.
- A key step in the policy-making process is to define the problem to be remedied. If we can not understand the problem, how are we to know what needs to be fixed.
- ar 11 Project – Humans and the Environment 1 – Air Pollution: A) This is the contamination of the atmosphere by gaseous, liquid, or solid wastes or by-products that can endanger human health and the health and welfare of plants and animals, or can attack materials, reduce visibility, or produce undesirable odours.
- A distinguishing and frequently mystifying feature of William Shakespeare s tragedy Hamlet is the presence of dark humor: constant wordplay, irony, riddles, clowning, and bawdy repartee. The language of Hamlet is cleverly and specifically designed in the guise of Shakespeare s dark humor.