Othello is a Moorish nobleman and soldier of fortune, inclined into the vale of years. Now in the service of the Venetian State as a general against t...полностью>>
Imaginary numbers have had a great effect whether direct or indirect on the microwave oven. Although the concept has come out of left field, there is ...полностью>>
Literature & EconomicsMemo #2 In Silas Marner by George Elliot, the main character Silas Marner is a weaver whom is intent on collecting as much money...полностью>>
- A brief but powerful poem written by the great Victorian poet, Alfred Lord Tennyson, The Eagle is an inspiring poetic piece. Tennyson, recognized as the greatest poet in Victorian England, was distinguished as poet laureate in1850. Readers from all over looked to his poems for advice on the major issues effecting their lives.
- The poems theme is how an eagle can fly so high and dive so fast. And how free an eagle is. I thought that this was a nice poem. I like the way he uses the words. I think the rhyming scheme he used was appropriate, where every last word rhymed.
- The similarities between The Eagle, by Alfred, Lord Tennyson, and Hawk Roosting, by Ted Hughes, are far more prominent than the differences. There is one glaring contradiction between the two poems. The hawk is an accomplished killer whereas the eagle is just perched ready for dinner only to kill when he has to.
- Alfred Lord Tennyson uses one of the most dignified animals to convey his views on superiority to the reader in his poem “The Eagle”. The eagle is placed so far above every other creature on the earth, that he actually serves as a towered observer to the world below him.
- Основная задача книги - научить сознательно подходить к художественному тексту как целому, рассматривая его в единстве формы и идейного содержания. Все аспекты стилистики, изучаемые современными учеными, нашли свое отражение в данной книге. Функциональная стилистика, лексикологическая стилистика, теория образов, стилистический анализ на уровне фонетики и морфологии - таков далеко не полный перечень вопросов, рассматриваемых в книге.