Основными целями реструктуризации угольной промышленности являются: формирование конкурентоспособных угольных компаний, обеспечивающих свое самофинанс...полностью>>
Культура и искусство->Реферат
«Промежуточные века» между античностью и Возрождением стали именоваться средними. Очевидна условность такого понятия, показательна огромная продолжите...полностью>>
Государство и право->Контрольная работа
24 августа 1991 года Украина перешла к качественно новому этапу своего развития, став независимым, суверенным государством. Изменились условия общес...полностью>>
- The idea that “diversity” is one of the country’s great strengths is now so firmly rooted that virtually anyone can evoke it, praise it, and wallow in it without fear of contradiction. It has become one of the great unassailably American ideas, like democracy, patriotism, the family, or Martin Luther King.
- The area in which the Kalapalo live is in the northeastern Mato Grosso state called Upper Xingu Basin. There are four unintelligible languages by groups in this region. This makes the Upper Xingu Basin linguistically diverse, but with many of the groups still sharing the same social and ideological features.
- The European Union faces a number of problems that are inherent in the forming of a union out of disparate member states. One such problem is the integration of the various states without causing a loss in the individual vigor of each member state that is involved.
- The contest for leadership of the Teamsters reflects a deep struggle over fundamental principles. The union today is a battleground between reformers committed to union democracy and workers’ power in the workplace, and a small group of officials defending their own power and the perks of office.
- Named after the Roman God of war, Mars has sparked and sustained curiosity than any other planet in our solar system. Astronomers and Geologist have studied the surface of Mars dating back to 1965 when Mariner 4 swept by the planet. Photographs of the planet showed a barren surface scarred by numerous craters.
- Recently, I was asked to write about a cultural icon, that is, something in our society that has become a constant or standard. Fraternities, Supermodels, Drugs, Hollywood, Gangs: the choices seemed endless. Yet among these artifacts, one seems to have come from the operation of the others: Rape Culture.
- The definition of what it means to be an American has changed dramatically throughout the history of our country. The founding fathers brought forth the idea of a new nation; that made sovereign the supremacy of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
- *1* A few days later after the meeting, the War Department issued a policy directives stating that black men generally would be admitted into the armed force in numbers equivalent to their percentage in the civilian population.
- On December 18th, 1996, the Oakland Unified School District adopted Ebonics, a terms which is a combination of the words ebony and phonics used to describe the African-American vernacular, as a language. Since then it seems wether on talk shows, newspaper editorials or television news, everyone wants to offer their opinion.
- French Revolution, cataclysmic political and social upheaval, extending from 1789 to 1799. The revolution resulted, among other things, in the overthrow of the Bourbon monarchy in France and in the establishment of the First Republic. It was generated by a vast complex of causes, the most important of which were the inability of the ruling classes of nobility, clergy, and bourgeoisie to come to grips with the problems of state, the indecisive nature of the monarch, impoverishment of the workers, the intellectual ferment of the Age of Enlightenment, and the example of the American Revolution.
- The Crimean War started because France and Russia wanted control over the Middle East and surrounding areas. The war lasted from 1856 to 1858, just under two years. The more important parts of the war are the causes and events that led up to it, the battle of the Alma, the naval wars of various seas and Sevastopol, the heavily fortified base of the Russian fleet.
- Also strengthening to Malthus’ argument is the theory that the world population will increase to over 10 billion by 050, two times what it was in 1990 (Bongaarts 3 ).
- To better understand the importance of the rainforest, one must be knowledgeable about what a rainforest actually is. The two main types of rainforests are temperate and tropical.
- The host suggests that the lawyer tell the next tale, and he agrees to do so, because he does not want to break his promises. He also says that the people should keep the laws they give to other people.
- Aerosmith was one of the most popular hard rock bands of the ’70s, setting the style and sound of hard rock and heavy metal for the next two decades with their raunchy, bluesy swagger. The Boston-based quintet found the middle ground between the menace of the Rolling Stones and the campy, sleazy flamboyance of the New York Dolls, developing a lean, dirty riff-oriented boogie that was loose and swinging and as hard as a diamond.
- In Lu Xun’s essay on “What Happens After Nora Leaves Home,” I find it imperative to open our eyes, minds and hearts in order to refine our worldly perspective. In this, I mean that we must shed our narrow view of the acceptable, and awaken our senses to the new order.
- The first move stopping immigration decided by Congress was a law in 1862 restricting American vessels to transport Chinese immigrants to the U.S. The Alien Contract Labor Laws of 1885, 1887, 1888, and 1891 restricted the immigration to the U.S. of people entering the country to work under contracts made before their arrival.
- Cynomys ludovicianus, known more commonly as the prairie dog, has more traditionally been viewed as the pariah of the prairie. However within the last year, attention has been drawn to these furry little rodents. They are extremely unpopular?so much so that for decades the Federal Government has tried desperately to eliminate them.
- The Renaissance, from the French word meaning rebirth, began in the early 14th century to the late 16th century. The “rebirth” of art in Italy was connected with the rediscovery of ancient philosophy, literature, science and the evolution of empirical methods of study in these fields.
- Beaten down by despair, he has lost the energy to fight. His spirits are lifted, however, when his name is called out for a job. Invigorated, he damns poverty. His joy however, is fleeting, employment depends on one condition — that he owns a bicycle.