Authors often write literature to have an emotional impact on the reader. These effects vary from work to work, and they may include happiness, sorrow...полностью>>
To figure out what we can expect of each other and ourselves, we must not forget the links to our pasts. This past millennium has brought just as many...полностью>>
It seems that there is an ever-increasing trend in our society. Big corporations are becoming more and more influential in our lives. As they gain mor...полностью>>
Top stories from the editors of Death Toll Rises From China Bomb BlastsExplosions that ripped through a crowded dormitory and other buildings in a gri...полностью>>
- The following consists of pure cannabis resin. Marijuana is not a narcotic and is not mentally or physically addicting drug. One can use mild cannabis preparations such as marijuana in small amounts for years without physical or mental deterioration.
- The legalization of marijuana has been a long debated subject in America since the 1970’s. The pro-marijuana society in America has made several claims as to how marijuana can help cure or lessen the effect of some diseases and that by legalizing the drug; the use of pot will actually decline.
- Legalization of marijuana offers both benefits, and disadvantages. The medical benefits of marijuana have been researched and proven to aid patients with glaucoma and some forms of cancer. Other benefits include: fewer people in prison and fewer social problems for the users because they get help instead of jail time.
- The presidential election that took place in 1960 was an interesting one. Newcomer, John F. Kennedy verses the Vice President, Richard M. Nixon. It was experimental with its trail of televised debates. It also marked the second in which a catholic had run for president and more importantly the first in which a catholic attained victory.
- With so many benefits, both industrial and medicinal, how could such a plant be illegal in the United States? Since 1937, the legalization of hemp has been the cause of much debate. However opponents of marijuana legalization have failed to acknowledge the benefits of hemp.
- (+)Most-favored-nation trade status started in the United States as a version of the European preferential trade system. The Carter Administration first granted most-favored-nation trading status to China in 1980, following the historic efforts of President Nixon during the 1970 s to restore diplomatic ties.
- The standard portrayal of Israel as a Jewish nation facing up and repelling overwhelming Muslim aggressors in the Arab-Israeli conflict is misleading, merely a perception. It placed Israel in the light of the victim, simply reacting to circumstances, whereas history has proven that this is not always the case.
- Modern medical technology has made it possible to extend the lives of many far beyond when they would have died in the past. Death, in modern times, often ensures a long and painful fall where one loses control both physically and emotionally. Some individuals embrace the time that modern technology buys them; while others find the loss of control overwhelming and frightening.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- Marijuana legalization would prove to be beneficial in a number of areas. The first bonus to legalizing Marijuana is its medical uses. Marijuana stimulates the immune system and serves as a cure for glaucoma. Marijuana helps people with AIDS retain and eat food.
- Marijuana has been used as a drug since the beginning of time, yet there are still many mysteries about its health effects on humans. Marijuana, or cannabis sativa, is a preparation of the crushed flower or buds of the female hemp plant.
- The controversy surrounding the legalization of drugs has raged since the late 1930s and it seems it will continue well into the future. Such a debate has been apparent in the American marketplace of ideas before with the prohibition of alcohol in the 1920’s.
- This drug is bad and cause some side effect to your brain and body.Scientists have found smoking marijuana can cause you to loses your memory. Marijuana has many psychological and physical reaction. These reaction usually last for three to five hours after a person has smoked marijuana.
- Karl Marx was born in 1818, in Germany. During his education he was greatly influenced by the social philosophers such as Hegel, Feuerbach and Hess. He earned his Ph.D. degree at Jena in 1841. By 1942 he became the editor of the Rheinische Zeitung, but his commentary calling for radical reforms led to its banning in 1843.
- For many years the legalization of marijuana has been debated all over the world The use of marijuana has been used for recreation and medicinal purposes for thousands of years The hemp plant, the source of the drug hashish, is one of the commonest weeds in the world There is little danger that it will seriously promote the drug habit Fear of its abuse has been expressed in various localities where the plant has been discovered growing Hemp has been in this country for many years, having been introduced as a plant grown for fiber or oil and afterward having escaped and become thoroughly natura
- Public opinion on the medical value of marijuana has been sharply divided. Some dismiss medical marijuana as a hoax that exploits our natural compassion for the sick; others claim it is a uniquely soothing medicine that has been kept away from patients through regulations based on false claims.
- Toni Morrison’s Sula is a novel that has a theme about the nature of evil. The story follows the lives of two black female friends who present differing views on evil. On one hand, we have society’s conventional view of evil represented by the character of Nel and also seen in the Bottom’s disapproval of Sula.
- The chemical in marijuana that has medicinal benifits is delta-9- tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Studies have shown that marijuana can ease pain, relieve nausea, and generally relax a person.