Слово Реклама происходит от французского слова “reclame”. Сама реклама, если говорить простым языком, служит для того, чтобы оповестить различными ...полностью>>
История. Что есть история? В переводе с древнегреческого это слово означает «расспрашивание, исследование». Профессор Кембриджа, сэр Ричард Дж. Эванс,...полностью>>
Заметный и постоянно растущий интерес в мире вызывают экономические преобразования в Китае, которые продолжаются примерно два десятилетия. Интерес к ...полностью>>
Субъекты рыночных операций с недвижимостью (продавцы, покупатели, профессиональные участники и государственные органы), их функции и характеристика. Э...полностью>>
- The play is based on the real life witch hunt that occurs in the late 1600 s in Salem, Massachusetts. It shows the peoples fear of what they felt was the devils work and shows how a small group of powerful people wrongly accused and killed many people out of this fear and ignorance.
- The play is based on the real life witch hunts that occurred in the late 1600’s in Salem, Massachusetts. It shows the people’s fear of what they felt was the Devil’s work and shows how a small group of powerful people wrongly accused and killed many people out of this fear and ignorance.
- In Salem, Massachusetts, a dozen teen-age girls and a black slave woman are caught dancing in the woods around a bubbling cauldron. Today, you wouldn’t even use the word “caught.” You might think these girls were strange, but you’d hardly call the cops on them.
- Human psychology and mental processes are different for each people because of their environment and their time. In the play The Crucible by Arthur Miller, there is a psychological manipulation by the Church and other people producing a mass hysteria.
- Of the characters in Arthur Miller’s “The Crucible,” Mary Warren, a minor character, is actually one of the most important, dynamic characters. She goes from being a lonely, shy, frightened teenager to being a brave witness with a backbone, in court. But her change is short-lived, however, and she retreats to being a scared, wimpy girl.
- “No critic seemed to sense what I was after [which was] the conflict between a man s raw deeds and his conception of himself; the question of whether conscience is in fact an organic part of the human being, and what happens when it is handed over not merely to the state or the mores of the time but to one s friend or wife.
- The play is set in Salem, Massachusetts, 1692, where suspicions of witchcraft were floating around the town air. Act 1 starts out in early spring and ends in Act 4 when it is late fall. The play opens with Betty Parris sick in bed, and Reverend Parris tending to her, and wondering what made her so sick.
- The Crucible, written by Arthur Miller, is based on the Salem witch trials in Massachusetts. The Crucible deals with a community, which everybody lived in a normal society and everybody attended church. However, one night, a group of girls were caught dancing in the woods.
- In 1692, the people of a small, religious village, Salem, Massachusetts, fell victim to an outbreak of mass hysteria caused by a fear of witchcraft. This fear of witchcraft was caused by a small group of girls who accused innocent people of the village of being under the influence of the devil and harming them with spells of witchcraft.
- The story of Arthur Miller s play, The Crucible, revolves around the witchcraft hysteria and human vengeance that plague Salem and split the town into those who use the trials for their own ends and those who desire the good of the society. It is this paradox that Miller finds to be a major theme of The Crucible: good versus evil.
- When Arthur Miller sat down to write the Crucible, it is obvious he took many things into account. The presentation of the book is very well thought out. As for the history aspect of the book, it is obvious that he did a lot of research even though there are still some discrepancies.
- The trumped-up witch hysteria in Salem, Massachusetts, deteriorated the rational, and emotional stability of its citizens. This exploited the population s weakest qualities, and insecurities. The obvious breakdown in Salem s social order led to the tragedy which saw nineteen innocent people hung on the accusation of witchcraft.
- Life is dictated by an inborn hunger or purpose, and people, in general, will act on this hunger for their own personal gain in their individual ways. This hunger, be it for wealth, land, love, power, revenge, or pride, can, and will be the undoing or failing of all mankind as Arthur Miller so clearly points out in his play ?The Crucible?.
- Miller captured the paranoia and hatred of the 1692 Salem Witch Trials and made a controversial reference to his own society s Witch Hunts during McCarthyism in the 1950s. In only 146 pages, Miller told us the stories of the lives of John Proctor, Elizabeth Proctor, Abigail Williams and others during the 1692 Witch Trials in Salem Massachusettes.
- The second definition of a crucible is a great test or trial, and as one might know the story unfolds itself to be a great trial of good versus evil. The title serves as a point of departure for the reader and gives the reader a edge into the story even before you start to read the play itself.
- Note the change in the Cu. 3. Put an evaporating dish near the base of the burner, and with crucible tongs put a piece of Mg in the flame and do not look at the flame. 4. Place heaping microspatulas of CuCO3 in a test tube.
- Lying has always been considered to be one of the worst things man could do. Yet almost anyone who has ever spoken a word in their life has lied at one point or another. The truth is that lying comes naturally. Lying is an easy way out of situations that could get us in trouble.
- Throughout the tumultuous Red Scare era, people struggled with the issue of daily conduct. Revealing one s creed or beliefs could have severe ramifications. People brooded over how to express themselves in an appropriate manner. By directly stating your feelings, provided that they were considered the wrong feelings, a person risked persecution as a Communist.
- Being a Marine is the most challenging and rewarding responsibility a person could face. It is a known fact that the Marines have the toughest and most difficulty training course in the world. Men and women from all over the world try their abilities of strength and courage to see what life can throw at them, and what it is to be a true Marine(Conner).
- Thomas Putnam plays a major role in the Salem witch hunt in Arthur Miller s The Crucible. Inheriting a handsome amount of property makes Putnam a wealthy person; however, it doesn t seem to satisfy his ambition. After the town terribly rejected Putnam s brother-in-law, Bayley, Putnam s bitterness has increased.