The persona of a psychopath appears to be much like any human. In many cases, one would not be able to “pick them out of a crowd”. Their minds, howeve...полностью>>
Everyday someone is thrown in state prison for anywhere from 3 years to life for the “illegal” use of the drug known as marijuana. It has come down to...полностью>>
“The unexamined life is not worth living,” In The Apology, Socrates relates that the most important goal in life is the improvement of the soul. We sh...полностью>>
- Arthur Miller is the author of The Crucible play. The Crucible is a story of the Salem witch trials, which took place in Salem Massachusetts in the late 1600 s. The trials were a major cause for a lot of innocent peoples death. Some of the people in the town found they had control over the others life and took it to an extent.
- The production of THE CRUCIBLE by Arthur Miller had many high points of suspense and action. Mainly involving the trials and tribulations of John Proctor. Mr. Philip G. Hill’s view of Miller’s THE CRUCIBLE is strong; emotion filled and does an excellent job of summarizing this classic production.
- I think that John Proctor did the right thing when he confessed in court to save his wife and friends. John Proctor had many significant actions in the story. When he realized that the town of Salem had gone mad with accusations of witchcraft he decided to take Mary Warren to court the next day to dismiss the false accusations.
- The book, The Crucible by Arthur Miller, is a well-written drama of how scapegoating gone to the extreme can bring about tremendous contention and chaos even among the simplest of people. In this case, the victims of scapegoating were the citizens of Salem, Massachusetts.
- In 1692, in Salem Massachusetts, the superstition of witches existed in a society of strong Christian beliefs. Anybody who acted out of the ordinary was accused of being a witch and then the accused would actually be forgiven if the blamed their accusations on another individual.
- In Puritan society, the role of the child is to be quiet, and stay out of the way. When Abigail is being considered a witch in the first moments of the story, Rev. Paris is very worried about how this will effect his image, and not of the fate of Abigail.
- The Crucible In the play “The Crucible” by Arthur Miller, Miller displays how easily people can be fooled by the innocence of youth. He also exposes the gullibility of common people, even people such as Danforth and Hathorne, who play the role of the “wise” judges.
- In 1692, witch trials begin in Salem, Massachusetts. Numerous young girls have claimed to be bewitched. John Proctor married to Elizabeth is accused of adultery. Giles Corey is the oldest man in the community. Rebecca Nurse, wife of Francis, is a lady of goodness and respect.
- I saw the play The Crucible and there were examples of styles of directing and acting that were very interesting. The production was put on by the University of Arizona?s theatre department and as such the directing and acting had its good points and its bad ones.
- Through this experience, John Proctor, Elizabeth Proctor, and Reverend John Hale all experience drastic changes in beliefs, habits, and morale.
- The play is based on the real life witch hunts that occurred in the late 1600’s in Salem, Massachusetts. It shows the people’s fear of what they felt was the Devil’s work and shows how a small group of powerful people wrongly accused and killed many people out of this fear and ignorance.
- One of the main people in this story was Abigail Williams. She was mean and would do anything to get what she wanted. She was in love with an older married man and she was jealous of the wife. Abigail wanted nothing more in her live then to find a way to get rid of his wife so she can take her place.
- The typical classical hero is high ranking, has admirable traits and dies as a result of some fatal flaw. In The Crucible, Arthur Miller presents John Proctor, as a character who is worthy of being praised as a hero. Though Proctor is not elevated in rank, he does meet the rest of the hero criteria, for he is a very respectable and admirable character whose flaw contributes to his downfall.
- The play is based on the real life witch hunt that occurs in the late 1600 s in Salem, Massachusetts. It shows the peoples fear of what they felt was the devils work and shows how a small group of powerful people wrongly accused and killed many people out of this fear and ignorance.
- In Salem, Massachusetts, a dozen teen-age girls and a black slave woman are caught dancing in the woods around a bubbling cauldron. Today, you wouldn’t even use the word “caught.” You might think these girls were strange, but you’d hardly call the cops on them.
- Back in the 1950’s, when insecurity permeated the air, and people were ruled by fear, Arthur Miller wrote a play, which defined the line between insecurity and fear. The Crucible was a remade story of the carnal Salem Witch trials, in which many innocent victims lost their lives.
- The Crucible is a play which brings to our attention many timeless issues. The nature of good and evil, power and its corruption, honour and integrity and our tendency to create scapegoats for all manner of problems are all brought up through the course of the play – sometimes in very dramatic fashion.
- Another comparison between The Crucible and McCarthyism is that in both people were guilty of believe. In The Crucible, people who believed or practice witchcraft were executed and in McCarthyism the ones who believed or participate in Communism were guilty of belief.
- Film and theatre are different media; each has unique effects, in film the location can be just about anywhere in the world and have different atmospheres, the infinite amount of camera angles possible could be used for different emphasis, and the sound could be played in any part of the film and could be any length and of course producing different effects.
- Martin Luther King Jr. once stated, Freedom has always been an expensive thing. This statement has been a fact of the world before money was invented. In The Crucible , by Arthur Miller, it is shown that one thing in the world that is definitely worth fighting for is one s freedom.