Старість - це заключна фаза в розвитку людини, в якій цей процес відбувається по низхідній життєвій кривій У житті людини у певному віці проявляються ...полностью>>
В мире существует огромное количество профессий, они охватываютразличные сферы человеческой деятельности, постоянно изменяютсявместе с развитием общес...полностью>>
Психодиагностические методы предназначены для измерения, оценки и анализа индивидуально-психологических и психофизиологических особенностей человека, ...полностью>>
Сегодняшняя жизнь, взорвавшаяся переменами, новым образом мыслей и действий, создающая множество экономических и психологических трудностей, требует о...полностью>>
- 1. Boorstin highlights four societies that existed in the early years of American civilization. These societies are the New England Puritans, Quakers of Pennsylvania, Georgians, and the Virginians. The Puritans was a society based thoroughly upon religion.
- The Boston Tea PartyIn the fall of 1773 seven shipping vessels crossed the North Atlantic Ocean to several ports on the American Coastline. Beneath the stormed beaten decks were six-hundred thousand pounds of tea. Delivering to the ports of Boston, New York, Philadelphia, and Charleston, the famous East India Company of London was assigned to transport the large amount of tea.
- However, the rewards of the “Coolidge Prosperity” of the 19 0’s were not shared evenly among all Americans. According to a study done by the Brookings Institute, in 19 9 the top 0.1% of Americans had a combined income equal to the bottom 4 %. That same top 0.
- Ever since colonial times, many Americans seem to think that they are unique and different. Reeves, in his article Are Americans Different? You Bet They Are, is a perfect example of this argument. One of his claims is that Americans are more religious than people of other nationalities.
- When Americans are asked what most concerns them with the direction of this country, crime and racial tensions invariably figure prominently in the answer. In the minds of many, these two problems are inextricably linked, and for some they go hand in hand.
- In an ideal world, it would be great if all parents could monitor everything their children watch, but realistically speaking it just is not possible. In today’s world movies and television has become a major part of society. In fact, studies show that not only does the media entertain but they also have a profound effect on an individual’s behavior.
- Communicable diseases are diseases caused by pathogens that can be spread from one person or animal to another these diseases. These diseases are also called infectious diseases. The easiest way to prevent the spread of these diseases is to keep a clean environment and wash your hands.
- William Sonntag was acclaimed in the 1850s as a painter of the dramatic landscape. In his painting “Garden of the Gods,” Sonntag portrays a family in the time of the westward expansion. The very subtle painting, expressed by its loose brushwork, captures the shifting atmospheric contrasts of light and dark.
- The American victory at Saratoga was a turning point in history ( Boorstin 86). But also it was the major turning point in the American Revolution. The Revolution itself was started by the growing differences between England and the colonies. It was fought because the Americans wanted to have independence for their colonies.
- Puritans, “separatists” making a hopeless attempt to try to purify the Church of England by swearing loyalty to the group instead of the king. This all takes place during the 17th and 18th centuries. The following topics that will be discussed are intended to portray all of the different aspects of colonial American social and governmental tendencies.
- Billy does this by putting the events of his life in perspective. He reorganizes his life so that all of it occurs within the context of his days in Europe during the war.
- A cry rang out, June 24, 1950, from a small country half way around the world and America listened. Korea was engaged in a civil war as an attempt to keep North Korea from thrusting its influence on South Korea. Communist Russia and China were strong supporters of the North, and to keep Communism contained the United States sent troops to the South.
- ? Roosevelt?s course of action came to be known as the New Deal.
- Of all our country’s major military conflicts, the Mexican War is perhaps the least known. It has been long overshadowed by the later Civil War, and is still today frequently confused with the Texas Revolution of 1835-1836, the Spanish-American War (1898), or the Mexican intervention and border troubles of 1914-1916.
- There are also other little things that relate to the reason of gatsby?s death. The main character?s of this novel each have their part to do with the ending, Nick Caraway is probably the main character of this novel, as he comes down from New Jersey to new York to visit his cousin Daisy, who is married to Tom Buchannan.
- The following consists of pure cannabis resin. Marijuana is not a narcotic and is not mentally or physically addicting drug. One can use mild cannabis preparations such as marijuana in small amounts for years without physical or mental deterioration.
- Can you imagine your body being an object for experimentation while you?re still alive? That?s one of the things the Japanese did to the Chinese during the forgotten holocaust, the Chinese holocaust. Among the universal disputes between many countries, Japanese aggression on the Chinese was one of the worst events in history to ever take place.
- You can’t see radon. And you can’t smell or taste it, but it may very well be a problem in your home. It is estimated to cause many thousands of deaths each year. Radon is a cancer-causing, radioactive gas, and when you breathe air containing the gas, you can get lung cancer.
- Before handguns became so universal, people could confront children, teenagers or other adults who littered or scribbled graffiti on buildings. But when an ordinary citizen fears that he or she may be gunned down merely for challenging the most mundane anti- social conduct of others, including children, then we are no longer living in a civilized nation.
- The economic depression that beset the United States and other countries in the 1930s was unique in its magnitude and its consequences. At the depth of the depression, in 1933, one American worker in every four was out of a job. In other countries unemployment ranged between 15 percent and 25 percent of the labor force.