Литература и русский язык->Рассказ
Как только ударял в Киеве поутру довольно звонкий семинарский колокол, висевший у ворот Братского монастыря, то уже со всего города спешили толпами шк...полностью>>
Гостра ниркова недостатність – це раптове повне або майже повне припинення діяльності нирок. Такий стан виникає при тяжкому порушенні кровообігу в рик...полностью>>
4 апреля — В России началось строительство Ладожского канала. Иранцы подавляют восстания в Карабахе и Ширване. Абдалла и Хусейн свергли Фаррух Сийя...полностью>>
- Kids can fall prey to a variety of dangerous methods to cope with the turmoil and anxiety of their adolescent years. The “Troubled Teens” series is intended to bring parents a collection of resources that will answer their most frequent questions about the pitfalls of being a depressed teen.
- Suicide of any kind is an act in which a person takes his or her own life. FACT: Suicide is a prevalent cause of death among America’s youth today. Every day more than 1 teenagers will think about suicide and eighteen will be successful in committing it.
- A lot of the time the parents don’t have any clue that there was anything wrong in their children’s lives, and also the teen’s friends might have had some kind of clue, but they didn’t do anything about it.
- Everyday 700 people between the ages of fifteen and twenty-four attempt suicide. An estimated 5, teens a year commits suicide in the United States. This makes suicide the second leading cause of death for teens in our country. Many of these suicides appear like accidents.
- Teen Violence has become an appalling problem in the US today. Statistics show that teen homicides have gone up 300% in the last 30 years. Suicide rate for 15 to 19 year olds has tripled to 10 per 100, in the past 30 years. Firearm death rate for 15 to 19 year olds has gone up 43% between 1984 to 1988.
- Suicide is a very serious problem, and it happens too often for us to ignore. I have always been interested in the different things involved in suicide and what would cause a person to kill themselves, but have never had the time to find out, until now.
- Teenage suicide occurs at an alarming rate and can be directly attributed to three main causes: depression, substance abuse, and relationships. This terrible phenomenon is rapidly increasing in the United States and only in the last decade has any serious attention been paid to the underlying causes.
- ?Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.? I feel that it isn?t the right solution, that there are other options. This is one reason why I chose teen suicide as my I-search topic. I have had personal experience with teen suicide involving my friends, and the next time that one of my friends comes to me saying, ?I want to die.
- The spoiled, chipped, or dangerous could be easily disguised. Yet here, in one of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, nighttime is the appropriate time “to enter.” Exiting is another matter.
- The book Teenage Wasteland, by Donna Gaines ventures into the heart of a small suburban town in New Jersey to find out what the real sociological reasons were behind a suicide pact between four teenagers. The story made headlines across the country and the ideas behind the story were socially constructed through media and other areas of society.
- We live in a society where aggressive acts happen every day, but do we really know what causes it? How can we help ourselves and others to understand what aggression is? First off, we need to define aggression, tell it’s causes and effects and determine the best way to deal with it.
- Assisted Suicide the act or practice of helping in taking the life of one who willfully wants to die. Just by definition alone it becomes painfully obvious; this is going to be a controversial subject. A term that goes hand and hand with assisted suicide, one in which I will be discussing at great length is Euthanasia.
- at the begging where Winston describes his apartment and its rigidness. Winston stresses the poster as being omniscient because it was eying every action made. Given from the narrators one is given yet another imagine, one that describes London as being ugly something resembling like the streets of Columbia.
- On April 26, 1989, the world lost an extremely talented comic genius, Lucille Ball. There are so many things to learn about this extraordinary woman: her childhood, her acting career, and her unfortunate death. Lucille Ball will most surely be known as a premiere comedienne of the 20th century.
- Imagine the emotionless testimony of a violent youngster, who may not realize he is fingering an accomplice as he quickly excuses his violent act, Oh I don t know. I just saw it on TV. Countless acts of senseless violence in the past few decades have led our society to believe that although freedom of speech is a trait that separates America from many other countries, it has also made us more brutal.
- A fast rising issue today in America is whether handguns should be allowed on the streets or not. Some believe that all guns should be banned and they do no good but destroy human lives. Others believe that from the beginning of time guns have been legal and should always stay that way.
- The tragedy at Columbine High School is something that will be remembered and talked about for many years to come. People from across the nation have all heard about this event. But there are still a couple questions that people have. For instance who’s to blame? The kids alone, the parents for how they brought the children up, or even actually the students at Columbine? Most say that the parents are to blame, but who actually knows? In my opinion the only two people that can actually answer this question truthfully are both dead.
- During the teen years, adolescents go through many different changes. These changes cause many teens to feel as though they are the only ones that have these feelings and that no one can help them. The teen that develops these types of mentality generally has little help from friends and family to overcome the feelings that could possibly lead to suicide.
- In recent years, teenage pregnancy has been labeled a major issue amongst teens that it can be known as an Epidemic. Is teenage pregnancy directly responsible for a host of society s ills? Increasing teenage pregnancy rate translates directly into increasing rates of school failure, early behavioral problems, drug abuse, child abuse, depression, and crimes.
- In some cases, gun control may be favored even if the price is more death. Consider, for example, H. Laurence Ross’s review of Gary Kleck’s book Point Blank in the American Journal of Sociology. Kleck’s book was awarded the Hindelang Prize, as the most significant contribution to criminology in the last three years; Ross praises Kleck’s meticulous research and analysis, and Kleck’s debunking of many of the myths surrounding the gun issue.