There is a general consensus about things our society labels as Taboo. The sort of topics looked down upon range from prostitution to age of consent. ...полностью>>
It has been said that the major difference between humans and beasts is that humans are curious about there beginnings, they question where they came ...полностью>>
Back in my home country, there are two groups of people who always seem to discriminate one another. These two groups are the Indonesian natives and t...полностью>>
- Winnie the Pooh has a certain way about him, a way of doing things which has made him the world’s most beloved bear. And Pooh’s Way, as Benjamin Hoff brilliantly demonstrates, seems strangely close to the ancient Chinese principles of Taoism. The ‘Tao of Pooh’ explains Taoism by Winnie the Pooh and explaines Winnie the Pooh by Taoism.
- The dialogue above was taken from the book, ?The Tao of Pooh? by Benjamin Hoff. These lines contain an important philosophy. They convey that most people take each day for granted. Every day is given to us free. We decide whether to take advantage of this privilege or not.
- ” Curiouser and curiouser!’cried Alice” (Carroll, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland 9). At the time she was speaking of the fact that her body seemed to be growing to immense proportions before her very eyes; however, she could instead have been speaking about the entire nature of Lewis Carroll’s classic works Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass.
- My daughter’s boyfriend, Len, is half Native American. Len and Sue, my daughter, took me to my first Powwow two years ago. It was at the park downtown. I didn’t realize what an impact it would have on me. I didn’t know much about Native American culture until I attended this event.
- This chapter takes place in the upper room in Jerusalem. This was during the Passover feast, though some scholars say otherwise. Jesus was speaking only to the disciples. The first part of the chapter is devoted to the analogy of the vineyard and it’s branches.
- On October 16, 1934, 100 Chinese Communist troops set out on a 6, mile trek from their base in Kiangsi.1 This trek, later to be known as the Long March, began after Chiang Kai-shek and his Nationalist armies (the Kuomintang) frustrated the Communist organization in Southeast China.
- Silly Old Bear! Almost every child and adult has heard this phrase before which comes from the Winne the Pooh series written by A.A. Milne. In this series of books written about Winnie the Pooh, the silly old bear, his friends, and their adventures together in the Hundred Acre Wood Forest, Milne captures the incomparably and enduringly, the frolic and indolence, the sweetness and foolishness, of animals which are also people(Discovering Authors).
- In comparing children’s programs for their use of cultural diversity I watched several segments of Rugrats, Winnie the Pooh, and Out of the Box. The animated programs, Rugrats and Winnie the Pooh, dealt with diversity in much the same way. Out of the Box, however, was put together on a different level.
- As the twentieth century began, the absorption and interpretation of evolutionary concepts within the American intellectual community had been largely completed. Theologians, philosophers, and scientists had examined the new biology theory and its many implications, coming to terms with evolution in a variety of ways.
- Children develop oral language at a very early age. Almost every sound a human being makes can be considered communication. As children grow up, they are constantly observing and practicing communication and oral language. What they know about oral language has an effect on the development of their literacy skills.
- When one thinks of the phrase “Cao Dai,” they will associate it with a political group involved in protest of French rule in Vietnam, if they have ever heard of it at all. In actuality, while Cao Daiists did play a part in these protests, Cao Dai is a primarily indigenous Vietnamese religion that encompasses many other world religions but is also extraordinarily unique in its belief system and practices.
- Ever feel like you are being watched? How about having the feeling like some one is following you home from school? Well that is what it will be like if users do not have the privacy on the Internet they deserve. EPIC (Electronic Privacy Information Center), a advocacy group that has been fighting the Clinton Administration for tougher online consumer protection laws, and other privacy protection agencies have formed to protect the rights and privileges of the Internet user.
- For us to be able to study political culture, it is imperative that we first learn how to define it. Political culture refers to the attitudes, beliefs and values, which underpin the operation of a particular political system. These were even seen as including the knowledge and skills about the political system, positive and negative emotional feelings towards it and the evaluative judgments about that system.
- For that matter, how many young visitors touring Walt Disney Resort in Orlando, Fla., or Disneyland in California even realize that Walt Disney was a living, thinking inventor — the creator of Mickey Mouse and a slew of imaginary worlds from Fantasy Land to Frontier Land?
- Greek philosophers such as Pythagoras, Plato, and the Stoics believed that language had come into being out of “inherent necessity” or “nature,” that man literally could not help developing and using language because it was a part of his very being. The idea was generally discounted, but picked up from time to time.
- It mattered that education was changing me. It never ceased to matter. My brother and sisters would giggle at our mother s mispronounced words. They d correct her gently. My mother laughed girlishly one night, trying not to pronounce sheep as ship. From a distance I listened sullenly.
- For prior to the invention of writing, societies were nomadic, organised in tribes, each tribe made of less than 100 individuals. There was hardly any division of labour, other than sexual. The tribe would designate a chief, and modern ethnology tells us the chief had very little power.
- The first thing I wanted to do for this project was to determine how the computer system I chose was going to be used. I wanted to purchase a personal computer system, with monitor and printer that I could use to do Web-based research. The research will be done out of my house.
- Studies have shown that freshwater minnows and juvenile Atlantic Salmon become nocturnal with increased low temperature. To determine if these species are nocturnal at low temperatures, counts of individual fishes would be taken by how many fishes are observed during the daytime taking refuge underneath rocks.
- Societies in the ancient Near East were of the patriarchal type. Israel no less than other nations was a patriarchal society. Characteristic in those societies was the lower status of women. The basic social and economic unit for Hebrew society was the family, headed by the father it was called beith-ab, literally, the fathers home .