James Marshal Hendrix was born in Seattle, Washington, on November 27, 1942; a ‘black’ American of African, European, Cherokee Indian and Mexican desc...полностью>>
I visited the Ronald McDonald House on September 15, to meet a family that was staying there because they had a very ill child. I was there to intervi...полностью>>
I believe that throughout the Colonial period, economic concerns had more to do with the settling of British North America than did religious reasons....полностью>>
American essayist Logan Paersall Smith once said, What I like in a good author is not what he says but what he whispers. I believe this means Logan th...полностью>>
- Distribution: involves the mgmt. Of the channels by which ownership of products is transferred from producer to customer & in many cases, the systems by which goods are moved from the place where they are produces to the place where they are purchased by the final customer.
- To emphasize the point that the effect of the Internet is so widespread in today’s business communities, one online article stated that more than 1 companies have Internet addresses, and 2 companies have home pages on the Internet as of February 1 (DataQuest, 1 ).
- Set in a friendly neighborhood bar in Boston — the kind of place where “everybody knows your name” — the show featured, among others, Wendt as the fat and often-unemployed Norm Peterson and Ratzenberger as nerdy mailman Cliff Clavin, the bar’s know-it-all windbag.
- Lost Worlds and King Kong: The Early Years Ray Harryhausen was born in Los Angeles on June 9, 19 0. From the time he could grasp a pencil, young Ray loved to draw and play with modeling clay.
- Simply by its name, the action film genre would seem to be the easiest of all genres to describe. In fact, unlike a genre such as the Western, whose generic markers are largely clear-cut (deserts, cowboys, horses, shoot-outs on Main Street, the frontier), the action film can be defined so broadly that it becomes a term of almost no use at all.
- As a companion piece to the articles outlining the histories of the eight major film studios, this survey examines four low-budget studios. They produced mostly Grade-"B" films: genre efforts made quickly and cheaply for targeted audiences — usually young ones, whether it was the fare aimed at juvenile cowboy enthusiasts, provided by Monogram, PRC (Producers Releasing Company), and Republic during the 1930s and '40s, or the older teen crowds sold on AIP's (American International Pictures) horror or rock & roll movies (sometimes, horror and rock & roll!) of the 1950s and '60s.
- A diffuse group of people often called hackers has been characterised as unethical, irresponsible, and a serious danger to society for actions related to breaking into computer systems. In this essay I try to construct a picture of what is and includes a computer crime as well as a portray of hackers, their concerns, and the way in which hacking takes place.
- 2. In 1895, at age six, two important events happened in the life of young Adolf Hitler. First, the unrestrained, carefree days he had enjoyed up to now came to an end as he entered primary school. Secondly, his father retired on a pension from the Austrian civil service.
- Prior to Europeans arrival there were four distinctive groups located in what today is called Texas. These groups are divided into regional areas as the Indians of the coastal areas (Karankawan & Coahuiltecan), Indians of the Plains (Comanches, Apaches, Kiowas and Tonkawas – central and northwest Texas), Indians in Northeast Texas (Caddo, Hasinai- belonged to the Caddo tribe), and the Jumano Indians of Trans-Pecos area.
- This chapter introduces the pharmacology of crack cocaine to help readers evaluate the claims that have been made regarding its danger to individual users and society. Because, materially and pharmacologically, crack is cocaine, most of what is known about cocaine applies to crack as well.
- Car Jacking is a nation wide problem. There are many horrifying tales that people have encountered. In April of 1 a woman and her baby were car jacked in their hometown in Georgia. The mother stepped out of the car and was giving her baby a bottle when out of nowhere a man pushed her into the back seat of her car and he jumped into the front and took off.
- Thirty-five years ago, Japan s entertainment industry found an answer to its problems. Still developing in the aftermath of defeat in World War II, and the subsequent restructuring plan instituted by the United States, Japan was without surplus resources.
- Racial profiling, the act of categorizing, the targeting of a particular group of culture with a view towards labeling those individuals law enforcers believe are engaged in illegal activities. Does Racial Profiling still exist today? “He would kill me if I was the one going to the newspapers.
- The political relations going on in Europe during and directly after World War II had an enormous effect on laying the foundation for the Cold War. War time conferences such as Yalta and Terhran harshened the relationship between the communists and the capitalists.
- The conflict in ideologies between capitalism and communism resulted in one of the greatest conflicts of the twentieth century. The belief that freedom and democracy would die under communist rule caused the United States to start a conflict that would last for decades.
- In studying short stories, collections, and novels with the different authors of American literature, critics tend to point out such writers as F. Scott Fitzgerald, Ernest Hemingway, and Poe. Some could forget Ray Bradbury whom Douglas J. McReynolds calls ” A genius as well as his gladness affirmation of the world is made manifest .
- Turnover in the Indonesian automotive components industry dropped by 80% in 1998, and the trend continued into 1 despite efforts to generate exports and the cushion of a slightly more stable aftermarket. There were 171 local components manufacturers in 1998, employing 45, people–down from 65, the year before.
- he had to write into his plays such elements as clowns who made terrible puns and wisecracks; ghosts and witches; places for the actors to dance and to sing the hit songs of the time; fencing matches and other kinds of fight scenes; and emotional speeches for his star actor, Richard Burbage.
- In the year 177 , after many conflicts with the British and the taxation laws, America was ready to break free and women were ready to help. Many reputable women aided the cause. They protested importation taxes by boycotting English products, including tea, a popular item in America.
- A distant sound is heard. It sounds like a deep drum being hit with a heavy instrument. You hear it again and strain your eyes in the direction of the sound. All around you is dense jungle. Snakes slither between your legs. You hear the sound once again.