Наверняка, многие из вас хоть раз, но видели показательные выступления авиазвеньев, демонстрирующих фигуры высшего пилотажа. "Стрижи", "Витязи"... Эти...полностью>>
Гуситы — название чешского реформаторского религиозного движения, названное по имени Яна Гуса и принявшее в 1419 году революционные формы. На формиров...полностью>>
Мировая политика – это соединение конфликтов и компромиссов. Элементы теории международных отношений присутствуют во многих произведениях политической...полностью>>
- What is so wrong with self defense? If someone has the intent to murder, mug, or rape an innocent person, gun laws will not stop that person. The only thing that a gun law does is to take away the right of good citizens like us to protect ourselves from these criminals.
- Have you ever wondered what life at school would be like without ?freedom?? In myopinion I think it would be horrid. Think about it. If we had no freedom we wouldn?t be able to do the things we love most, or choose what friends we hang out with. The freedoms we have now we all take for granted.
- Dr. Friedman insisted I use national income data (instead of GDP) for measuring economy size. He continually stressed the necessity of recognizing the add-on load to the economy of regulatory compliance costs. And, don’t forget to include your data sources, he said.
- In Harriet E. Wilson’s only known work, Our Nig; Or, Sketches from the Life of a Free Black, I read about a young black girl who grows up as an indentured servant to a large Bellmont family. In the readings I read, the young girl has three names: Alfrado, Frado and Nig.
- 1 ’s of men and boys died in the Revolutionary war, And 100’s of 1 ’s more fought and died in wars to come. 5 men created and signed a document of government so perfect it has endured the test of time for over 00 years.
- At the first of the year Miss Schoonmaker asked us if we thought America was a success or not. This got me thinking what are we going to learn that will make us think our country isn?t a success? Well throughout the year I learned things that made me believe America is not a success.
- I want to talk with you about freedom. Freedom! That seems simple enough, but it is a word with profoundly different meanings for different people. Some of the people whom I most despise and whom I consider the greatest threat to freedom have, in fact, represented themselves as champions of freedom.
- On average, we spend about one third of our lives sleeping. During a portion of that time, we are also dreaming. While asleep, we can gain rest and refreshment for our hard day of work. Essentially, dreams are our method of relaxing and letting our minds drift away into a distant world.
- How many people in this room have a hot cup of coffee in the morning or smoke a cigarette on break? How would you feel if one day the government decided to take away your right to drink that cup of coffee or smoke that cigarette because they were considered to be too harmful? There have been many studies proving the medicinal benefits of marijuana, but there are also many social and recreational benefits that are not as heavily documented.
- Ocean City, Maryland, businessman and resident Stephen George was walking his dog late one night when he noticed two men in a passing vehicle turn off the headlights and swing back toward his business, Boat Doctor Marine, Inc. After watching the pair squeeze through the fence,
- It has been used to treat stroke victims dealing with depression, used on children with autism, and with people who have suffered spinal injuries to help them walk again. It is not necessarily a cure for there ailments, it rather motivates their mind allowing other methods to be more successful.
- Fortune is inherently a private issue that only allows observers a peek from which to surmise the condition of the holder’s lifestyle and budget. However it is from these glimpses that society draws its stereotypes, as there is supposed to exist a set of standards such as clothing, good looks, and automobiles that influence our perception of one another.
- Is repealing the Second Amendment written in the United States Constitution the correct action to take to control violence and unnecessary death due to guns? This is a great idea in a perfect world where everyone on every continent will turn in all there firearms.
- The boundaries of hate and freedom are a contested terrain. When we negotiate the boundary of hate we are not only threading our way through a maze of malaise and venom, we are weaving the very pattern of what is allowed in our society. We are obliged to balance the standards of freedom of speech and responsibility against a reasonable limit justified by a democratic society because we must define the limits of what is acceptable and what is not.
- David Grayson once said that “Commandment Number One of any truly civilized society is this: Let people be different”. Difference, or individuality, however, may not be possible under a dictatorial government.
- Because the white man has power, we too want power, he said. But when a black man gets power, when he gets money, he is a great man if he is not corrupted. I have seen it often. He seeks power and money to put right what is wrong, and when he gets them, why, he enjoys the power and the money.
- Imagine the world without music. Or imagine a world where we are told what to play, what to sing and even what we may listen to in the privacy of our own homes. That world already exists. A very politically charged band known as Rage Against Machine is one band out of thousands that has run into problems with the explicit nature of their music.
- In the novel, “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn,” Mark Twain takes us on an adventure, and it is through the eyes of Huck and Jim that Twain is able to make statements on social traits found in America, particularly the South. Whether these traits were virtuous or contemptuous Twain made himself understood.
- The first work of Kant in which he appears a proponent of transcendental criticism is the “Critique of Pure Reason , which appeared in 1781. A second edition was published in 1787. In 1785 appeared the “Foundation for the Metaphysics of Ethics”. Then came a succession of critical works, the most important of which are the “Critique of Practical Reason”, the “Critique of Judgment , and “Religion within the Limits of Mere Reason”.
- In the context of works we read in Liberal Studies, Dostoevsky’s Notes from Underground strikes a new and very dissonant chord, although (as I shall mention later) the sound is one we should recognize clearly enough, if we are at all familiar with some of the more important “heroic” figures from twentieth-century literature.