I have often wondered why the “War on Drugs” has not been very effective, in fact, it really has done nothing. Take for example marijuana. It is banne...полностью>>
Бизнес-план может быть рассмотрен как инструмент для привлечения инвестиций и в качестве основы для планирования собственного дела, как в форме предпр...полностью>>
What is the significance of the number 124? Is the number 124 merely a place or can it actually be characterized as something more important in this n...полностью>>
- Sun Microsystems’ lines of business include Computer Systems and Storage, Enterprise Services, Software Systems and Network Service Provider. Computer Systems and Storage designs, develops and brings to market desktop systems, servers, storage and network switches, incorporating the UltraSPARC microprocessors and the Solaris Operating Environment.
- By 1998 Sun had become a global Fortune 500 leader in enterprise network computing with operations in 150 countries and generating $8 billion in revenues. Sun?s competitors in the technical markets were primarily Intel, Hewlett-Packard (HP), International Business Machine (IBM), Compaq Computer Corporation (CPQ) and Silicon Graphics, Inc.
- Examples include flight simulation, product design, scientific modeling, Internet graphics and gaming software. A list of SGI’s customers include many of the world’s largest governments and corporations.
- A lot of people today, mostly microsofties, argue that Microsoft should not be split up since it isn?t really a monopoly; Windows has a lot of competitors out there and some of the companies that make them are even bigger than Microsoft. And that is actually quite true: Microsoft has only about 6% of the global software market and only 3% of the global computer market overall.
- Because the field of Business Law is so great, this paper will examine a single aspect of Business Law, that of antitrust action. Specifically, as it is applied to Microsoft, antitrust litigation is raising eyebrows in both the legal and business worlds.
- The World Wide Web is being seen more and more as an effective and above all inexpensive means of delivering courses in the tertiary education sector. It is important however that financial imperatives to not take precedence over educational goals. In the search for an effective approach to Web learning, an re-examination of learning theory is required.
- Electronic commerce includes almost any exchange of electronic data related to a business operation. In this discussion, I will be focusing on the use of the Internet for business transactions. Companies that use the Internet as their major source of income have a big concern about electronic commerce security to keep them successful in their online business.
- ?UNIX was the first operating system designed to run on ?dissimilar? computers by converting most hardware specific commands in machine language into an independent programming language called ?C,?? Jon Wolfe writes in the Nashville Business Journal. (Wolfe 29) UNIX was the basis of AT&T?s telephone system and the government?s wide area network system.
- Equally amazing is that DEC has managed to stay intact, as well as successful, for four decades. In 1957, Ken Olsen and Harlan Anderson were engineers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Lincoln Laboratory.
- Hindsight is always 0/ 0 however, and this was almost never the case. Regardless where you address the problem from, the year problem is a huge, expensive and international one. In many cases it is a problem lined with doubt as to it’s effects.
- By 1987, sales of 5 ?-inch and 8-inch disks were falling and Quantum was losing business to competitors who were able to get new products to market faster and in greater quantity.
- Although he had no interest in a military career, he also had no other career plans. He was merely interested in getting an education.
- Abstract As a result of global competition, the computer age, and excessive travel expenses, many people now work in “virtual teams” that transcend distance, time zones, and organizational boundaries. Virtual teams have evolved as a way to make working across continents and countries an easy, practical way to achieve superior results– people must no longer be co-located, or in the same place, in order to work together.
- * AppleScript Welcome to Macintosh OS Scripting This document is your introduction to the scripting environment on your Mac OS computer. Use it to begin working scripts and scriptable applications. You ll need to know basic Macintosh operations and vocabulary.
- ImmigrationImmigration is positive for the United States and we benefit greatly from letting in the foreigners and letting them take this opportunity to build better lives for themselves and their families. This country represents freedom, hope, and liberty to all.
- On January 10, 2 , the largest merger in history was conducted between Time Warner and American Online. On a surface level, this merger could be seen in light of its combined resources, or even its large market value. However, the merger between these two companies has repercussions in the life of every person who uses the Internet.
- When firms that supply external productive capacity develop a merchant character, as they have in the American-led electronics industry, manufacturing capacity is essentially shared by the industry as a whole, reducing costs and spreading risks in an increasingly volatile world market.
- Through a combination of tactics that many people would consider monopolistic Microsoft is now involved in almost every aspect of the computer and computer-related telecommunications markets and is emerging as a major player in Internet commerce and on-line media ventures.
- Arrow Electronics Inc. started as a small electronics distribution company that has recently claimed the number one position as leader in the electronics distribution industry. Headquartered in Melville, New York, Arrow Electronics Inc. currently has 225 sales facilities and 19 distribution centers in 37 countries worldwide.
- LINUX is a free, highly advanced, open-source operating system for PCs and Workstations. Technically, LINUX is an operating system kernel, the core part of an operating system. The LINUX kernel is commonly bundled with many other components to form a complete LINUX System or Distribution.