Эрцге́рцог (нем. Erzherzog, старинный русский перевод — архигерцог) — титул, используемый исключительно членами австрийского монаршего дома Габсбургов...полностью>>
Промышленность, производство->Лабораторная работа
Зубчатое колесо представляет собой достаточно сложное изделие. Его качество во многом определяется точностью целого ряда параметров, зависящих от техн...полностью>>
Современная образовательная ситуация характеризуется гуманизацией и гуманитаризацией обучения и воспитания, ориентации на развитие целостной, разносто...полностью>>
- Everyday 700 people between the ages of fifteen and twenty-four attempt suicide. An estimated 5, teens a year commits suicide in the United States. This makes suicide the second leading cause of death for teens in our country. Many of these suicides appear like accidents.
- Robert Edgerton is an anthropologist who performed many intense studies on different cultures, and examined their understandings of suicide and sexuality. From these examinations, Edgerton theorized interesting views on those topics. On suicide, he explored the motives of the act, and its link with deviance.
- Columbus is credited with introducing tobacco into Europe. Tobacco use became widely accepted by the Portuguese, Spanish, French, British, and Scandinavians. Explorers and sailors who became dependent upon tobacco began planting seeds at their ports of call, introducing the product into other parts of Europe and Asia.
- Gun Control, a term that refers to the management of firearms in an effort to reduce the criminal use of these weapons. (MICROSOFT (R) ENCARTA 1995) In the early 1990s there were more than 200 million privately owned guns in the United States, which makes it plain to see why there are arguments for and against even the smallest amount of gun control.
- In the summer of 1940, Hitler dominated Europe from the North Cape to the Pyrenees. His one remaining active enemy?Britain, under a new prime minister, Winston Churchill?vowed to continue fighting. Whether it could was questionable. The British army had left most of its weapons on the beaches at Dunkirk.
- This issue of Rainforests destruction and mass species extinctions is the # 1 issue facing humanity. We may have as little as 5 years to create the awareness to completely stop Rainforests destruction before this momentum brings us through our Omega Point.
- Prejudice. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny´s of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity & goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for He is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
- Richard Milhous Nixon, 37th president of the United States, was born January 9, 1913 in Yorba Linda, California. Nixon was one of the most controversial politicians. He used the communist scare of the late forties and early fifties to catapult his career, but as president he eased tension with the Soviet Union and opened relations with Red China.
- Research was conducted to investigate Adjustment Disorder with Depressed Mood, and some causes, affects, and treatment approaches. Not all individuals manifest or demonstrate the same depressive symptoms, which can make it difficult for clinicians to diagnose and treat.
- Bluefield is located in southern West Virginia along the foothills of one of the most beautiful mountain valley settings to be found anywhere. The city stands at 2,612 feet above sea level in the East River Mountain, making it “West Virginia’s loftiest incorporated community.
- During the summer of 1941, Chancellor Adolf Hitler initialized The Final Solution to the Jewish Question . Hitler started this program because he wanted to create a highly centralized state and one for the master race, Germans. Exterminating Jews was, for Hitler, the only way to create a perfect Germany because it would eliminate the malignant tumors , the race that caused Germany to lose World War One.
- Thesis: The allure of the New Age can be attributed in part to an overall lack of understanding its nature; when its history is taken into consideration and its persuasive element is exposed, we see that, contrary to the assumption that the New Age is a freer alternative to mainstream religion, persuasion is a very present part of the New Age.
- Forty-eight million Americans smoked in 1997 which is equivalent to about twenty-five percent of the nation s adult population, according to a U.S. government survey released in November, 1 (Cooper n.p.). According to Michael Ericksen, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention s Office on Smoking and Health, the smoking rate among young adults ages 18-24 rose about four percent because of the increase in teen smoking seen over the next ten years.
- The idea that “diversity” is one of the country’s great strengths is now so firmly rooted that virtually anyone can evoke it, praise it, and wallow in it without fear of contradiction. It has become one of the great unassailably American ideas, like democracy, patriotism, the family, or Martin Luther King.
- William Wallace, Joan of Arc, George Armstrong Custer, and the list goes on of the people or groups of people who have had historical films made about them and their accomplishments or blunders. Many of these films have different areas in which they indirectly comment on every aspect of life from the roles of women to a particular look at social class.
- Vietnam War, military struggle fought in Vietnam from 1959 to 1975, involving the North Vietnamese and the National Liberation Front (NLF) in conflict with United States forces and the South Vietnamese army. From 1946 until 1954, the Vietnamese had struggled for their independence from France during the First Indochina War.
- Drug abuse is one of the most discouraged behaviors in our country. Use of illegal drugs is harmful to the user and all those with whom the user comes in contact. There are over 40 million illegal drug users in the world today and America is the biggest market for drugs.
- The Hundred Days counts the approximate number of days that Napoleon came back into power after having been exiled. The Treaty of Fontainebleau had given to him sovereignty over the island of Elba and his title of emperor, along with an annual pension of two million francs.
- ?The Arab world is not in a compromising mood? Nations never concede; they fight. You won?t get anything by peaceful means or compromise. You can, perhaps get something, but only by the force of your arms?But it?s too late to talk of peaceful solutions? (Bard 1).
- Domestic abuse in the United States is a large-scale and complex social and health problem. Domestic violence has become a major health threat to this nation, costing America thousands of lives and millions of dollars (Moore, Zaccaro, & Parsons, 1998).