• Виділяють файли. Якщо вони розташовані послідовно у переліку, то активізують перший, потім, утримуючи натиснутою клавішу Shift, клацають мишею на о...полностью>>
Холера (cholera) — особливо небезпечна гостра кишкова інфекція, що спричинюється холерними вібріонами. Характеризується ураженням ферментних систем с...полностью>>
The death of Stalin on the 5 of March 1953 introduced a new era to the Soviet Union and its communist government. After all, Stalin ruled the Soviet e...полностью>>
When the Florida Supreme Court decision violated the equal rights provision of the US Constitution. Gore and his legal team repealed to Florida Suprem...полностью>>
- Soul as it Relates to the Human ExperienceIn order to discuss the importance of soul in our search for an answer to the question What is it to be human? we must first go back to one of the very first issues tackled in class: the presuppostition. It is important to remember that our presupposition is to trust our five given senses to gather evidence regarding our experiences as human beings.
- Some questions, however, can be set forth that outline parameters within which to begin understanding Augustine on the issue of human freedom and its origins/causes. If evil originates in the human will, from where does the will come? Are there any limitations to human freedom? Is the human will neutral or does it have a bias toward good? A bias toward evil? Where does free choice of the will come into play when individuals are saved by God’s grace alone? What is meant by free will? On these questions, and many more related, Augustine has been an immense help.
- ?It has always been the prime function of mythology and rite to supply the symbols that carry the human spirit forward.? This quote from Joseph Campbell?s book The Hero with a Thousand Faces exemplifies the idea that myths are our way of expressing universal truths common to every member of the human race.
- ‘Space and time are basic categories of human existence’ (Harvey, 1989: 201). They are such familiar concepts to human beings that there is a temptation to dismiss them as unimportant. Time is used everyday – ordered into minutes, hours, days, even millenia – while space is treated as a fact of nature, ‘…an objective attribute of things which can be measured and thus pinned down’ (Harvey, 1989: 203).
- The novel The Sun Also Rises is set directly after World War I. This was a time of confusion for mankind. It can metaphorically be compared to the sun setting on people. People, in many parts of the world, had horrifying memories from the war, and this, naturally affected their lives both physically and psychologically.
- Through the symbols employed by Melville, Moby-Dick studies man?s relationship with his universe, his fate, and his God. Ahab represents the league humans make with evil when they question the fate God has willed upon them, and God is represented by the great white whale, Moby Dick.
- Before coming to the idea of The Theater of Cruelty Artaud was concerned with the world?s insignificance towards culture. Artaud explains the need for culture to feed the human mind. He makes a comparison between the need for culture being equal with hunger for food.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- Понятие стиля находится на пересечении нескольких наук: социологии, психологии, эстетики, семиотики, этики, культурологи и собственно лингвистики. Человек, владеющий стилем, - это, прежде всего, образованный и интеллигентный человек. Он понимает ситуацию и знает, что принято в подобных ситуациях говорить.
- In this paper I will examine the latest trends in ?Retailing Industry? among the world and in Turkey, and then examine the role of Human Resources in the changing environment of retailing organizations. The presented information is vital for every same kind of existing firm.
- There is going to be a Food and Beverage Manager who will have the overall responsibility of the establishment. We have to find a person who has the experience and the qualifications for a job like that. He will have the responsibility of dealing with all the problems that the staff may have, authorize the purchases, supervise all the departments when necessary and do any changes to the areas that a problem may arise.
- Hume s ultimate goal in his philosophic endeavors was to undermine abstruse Philosophy. By focusing on the aspect of reason, Hume shows there are limitations to philosophy. Since he did not know the limits, he proposed to use reason to the best of his ability, but when he came to a boundary, that was the limit.
- Hume?s “affirmation” David Hume makes a strong affirmation in section IV of an Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding. Hume states, “I shall venture to affirm as a general proposition, which admits of no exception, that the knowledge of this relation is not, in any instance attained by reasonings a priori; but entirely from experience.
- The Internet has emerged as a dynamic new communications medium at an astounding pace in recent years. It enables the exchange of text, sound, video and images between millions of individuals from all around the world in a manner not possible via traditional media.
- According to Webster s New World Dictionary (1990), a clone is “all descendants derived asexually from a single organism.” In layman terms a clone is an exact duplicate of another organism, therefore a human clone would be a perfect copy of another human being.
- First quickly crunch your pre-dried (oven, 300 C, 3 hrs.)DRY MgSO4 to pop corn shaped rocks in a mortar, sieve the powder out, and directly put the rocks under max. mixing in the Methanol/Methylamine mix and close the pot to let no water from the air in.
- In this paper I wish to consider the following related questions: (i) Can a system of morality be justified?; (ii) Why should one act morally?; (iii) How can others be persuaded to act morally? Clearly none of these questions is new, and moral philosophers have proposed a variety of responses to them over the centuries without reaching any general agreement.
- I want to suggest, however, that Snyder’s ecological poetics discovers dualities — land versus poem, human versus nature, self versus other — even as it seeks to overwrite them in what Snyder terms the ‘real work’ of integrating self, society and, most crucially, environment.
- Europeans even created the word Africa.
- David Hume (1711-1776) was, in many respects, a traditional philosopher of the European Enlightenment. He worshipped the empirical appeal to the senses, and sought to create a philosophy of human nature that would reflect the power the senses hold over human lives.