At Ford Motor Company, we have a passion for Better Ideas. Whether pushing the limits of technology and design, or bringing people together within a c...полностью>>
Price discrimination takes place when a seller charges competing buyers different prices for the same commodity or discriminating in the provision of ...полностью>>
All readers are bound to be grateful to him for that. He is no Pater and he is no Joyce. Clichés and banalities he knows, have their valued uses in ma...полностью>>
- The book is intended for school EFL teachers. It gives clear explanations and useful practice of English grammar. Some of those grammatical pieces are included which are not always easy to find on the pages of grammar books. Very often teachers and then their students receive one and the same portion of grammatical information year in, year out and get an idea of the English language being too elementary to express a great variety of meanings.
- Approximately 500, Americans die every year as a direct result of smoking (1:66). As the U. S. population becomes more health conscious, the number of smokers is decreasing every year. However, the tobacco industry has remained prosperous due to the continuing demand of millions of smokers still present in the U.
- Definitions of health and illness are very complex, in that there are cultural differences in how societies classify what are health and illness, the causes and the treatment. However because disease occurs in patterns it is thought that the conditions that determine health chances are social conditions.
- Idiom is a phrase or expression whose total meaning differs from the meaning of the individual words For example, to blow one’s top (get angry) and behind the eight ball (in trouble) are English- language idioms Idioms come from language and generally cannot be translated literally (word for word) Foreign language students must learn them just as they would learn vocabulary words
- To the ancient mind, madness was assigned by the Gods as punishment for human weakness, vice and transgression. Cassandra, daughter of King Priam, was punished by the god Apollo; her foresight and accurate predictions were considered by the inhabitants of Troy to be no more than the ludicrous rantings of a madwoman.
- Alice Walker uses power throughout her stories in various forms. In her story, Everyday Use, the power of family, heritage, and culture are presented. The story is about a hardworking mother of two girls, Maggie and Dee. The mother does not have much in her simle life but she cherishes what is of importance in her life.
- This short story first articulates the metaphor of quilting to represent the creative legacy that African Americans have inherited from their maternal ancestors. The central theme of the story concerns the way in which an individual understands his present life in relation to the traditions of his people and culture.