THE Washington novel used to be about politics and power, sex and scandal, elections and intrigue among capital insiders. If John Grisham’s latest is ...полностью>>
The first Professional baseball team was the Cincinnati Red Stockings, who toured the country in 18 9 and didn’t lose a game all year....полностью>>
Most heavy metal music is based on death, god, youth, and teenage rebellion, but not all. There are some very good and talented bands that fit the gen...полностью>>
email: triaxxxxx@aol,comGalileo GaliliGalileo Galilei was born in Pisa Italy on February 15, 1564. Later in the 1570’s his father, Vincenzo Galileo mo...полностью>>
- There are few other social problems that are surrounded by more myths and misinformation than drug use. The confusion actually starts with the meaning of the term. Many people believe that only illegal substances such as heroin, cocaine, or marijuana are drugs, but alcohol and tobacco alter the minds and moods of those who use them and can be just as dangerous as illicit drugs.
- While the censorship of art is not a new phenomenon, recent years have witnessed renewed and intensified attempts to control popular culture. In particular, rap and rock music have come under increasing attack from various sides representing the entire left and right political spectrum, purportedly for their explicit sexual and violent lyrical contents.
- " Everything about Fitzgerald is touched by this idea. For example, he both loved and hated money. He was attracted to the life of the very rich as an outsider who had very little, and at the same time he hated the falseness and hypocrisy and cruelty of their lives.
- More than now. PBC: A lot of your most recent poetry, especially some that you read last night (Corcoran Gallery, Washington, D.C.) contains very spiritual, and specifically Buddhist, imagery.
- Marijuana is a substance that has become very much a part of American culture. Nearly 65 million Americans have either used it occasionally or regularly. The use of marijuana hit mainstream America about thirty years ago and it has been accepted by a large segment of society ever since (Rosenthal 16).
- Decision-making would be so much easier if we all maintained our autonomy in making the decision, however, because our decisions do not always abide by autonomistic values paternalistic intervention must occur. The purpose of autonomy is to allow us to choose to do things that affect only ourselves and does not negatively affect those around us.
- Понятие стиля находится на пересечении нескольких наук: социологии, психологии, эстетики, семиотики, этики, культурологи и собственно лингвистики. Человек, владеющий стилем, - это, прежде всего, образованный и интеллигентный человек. Он понимает ситуацию и знает, что принято в подобных ситуациях говорить.
- The use of marijuana is widespread by all classes, races, and cultures. Marijuana has been used for a multitude of purposes over thousands of years, and is still, today, is being used for many of the same purposes. (Hawks 1982) It is some of the possible outcomes of the usage of marijuana, and a brief history of marijuana that will be discussed in this paper.
- Early in April of 1958, my wife and I arrived, malarial and diffident, in a Balinese village we intended, as anthropologists, to study. A small place, about five hundred people, and relatively remote, it was its own world. We were intruders, professional ones, and the villagers dealt with us as Balinese seem always to deal with people not part of their life who yet press themselves upon them: as though we were not there.
- As the sun shines a little bit too brilliantly through the window and your silver-plated designer alarm clock blares, you roll out of bed. Being the troubled, sassy, and tired genius teenager that you are, you reach for your Sony laptop and hurriedly cram it into your North Face backpack.
- Nearly one sixth of all the human beings on Earth live in India, the world’s most populous democracy. Officially titled the Republic of India, it?s 1,269,413 sq. mi. lie in South Asia, occupying most of the Indian subcontinent, bordered by Pakistan (W); China, Nepal, and Bhutan (N); and Myanmar (E) and Bangladesh forms an enclave in the NE.
- Abraham LincolnEvery boy and girl who knew Abraham Lincoln loved him as a friend. All the children around his home in Springfield, Ill., and around the White House in Washington felt that “Mr. Lincoln” understood them and truly liked them. Men and women who knew him admired him and called him “honest Abe.
- This chapter introduces the pharmacology of crack cocaine to help readers evaluate the claims that have been made regarding its danger to individual users and society. Because, materially and pharmacologically, crack is cocaine, most of what is known about cocaine applies to crack as well.
- When one considers the medical benefits, both recently discovered and traditionally practiced, along with the high costs of prohibition, the legalization of marijuana shows itself to be a possible solution.
- If you have ever had a meal in a restaurant (fast-food/formal dining), used an ATM in a bank, spent your vacation at an amusement park or simply browsed through a mall, you have been exposed to McDonaldization. McDonaldization is the process by which the principles of the fast food restaurant are coming to dominate more and more sectors of America society as well as the rest of the world (Ritzer, 1996, 1).
- This is the theme song to a popular cartoon dealing with experiments carried out on animals. In the cartoon one mouse is made very smart and wants to take over the world while the other is clearly not as smart. While the cartoon makes jokes, the reality is that mice and other animals are being used for medical test everyday.
- Marijuana has by far, been the most popular drug used by teens as well as all Americans in the past decade. However, there is a new generation of drugs that is just beginning to effect the nations youth.
- The way I view the world has been greatly affected by my reading this semester. Thought I had read Emerson and Melville before, I never before was able to sound the depths of their work and fully appreciate it. This semester was my first real exposure to Whitman, as well.
- For years, the issue of legalization has been an increasingly controversial subject. Millions of dollars are spent annually in the War on Drugs causing many to wonder if this fight is cost-effective or if an alternative such as legalization would be more realistic than current efforts in drug prevention.
- In chapter 11 (“The Loving Resistance Fighter”) of the book Technopoly, published in 1992, Neil Postman focuses on a solution to the problems created by Technopoly. A “Technopoly” (a word postman capitalizes throughout the book) is a society that no longer merely uses technology as a support system but instead is shaped by it.