Литература и русский язык->Рассказ
Двенадцатого июля капитан Хлопов, в эполетах и шашке форма, в которой со времени моего приезда на Кавказ я еще не видал его, вошел в низкую дверь ...полностью>>
Литература и русский язык->Рассказ
Стояли жаркие, безветренные июньские дни. Лист в лесу сочен, густ и зелен, только кое где срываются пожелтевшие березовые и липовые листы. Кусты шипов...полностью>>
In the modern world, countries like Canada and the United States tend to move from the left wing to the right wing. Is this a good thing? Adam Smith’s...полностью>>
- Do you want to die? Do you want your children to experience early deaths? These questions run through my mind every time I witness people puffing away on their cigarettes. It genuinely hurts me to see parents smoking around their children. As if this isn t enough to promote smoking among the young, there are a number of other elements that encourage them to smoke.
- The single most preventable factor that contributes to the major health problems facing Canadians today is the use of tobacco. The very mention of the word smoking can evoke an argument from the calmest of people, whether they are smokers or non-smokers.
- The qualities of people are distinguished mostly by the impact others have upon them when they are children. These role models shape everyone?s life into the person we are to become, whether positively or negatively. In Mark Twain?s novel The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Huck Finn?s role models all impact Huck?s life and the way he lives throughout the novel.
- acco is ruled a drug, the FDA would have to ban cigarettes as “dangerous” P10: The government isn’t about to repeat the same mistake it made with the prohibition of alcohol P11: There are 50 million adult smokers P12: Cigarette manufacturers spend millions annually to prevent (the banning of cigaret
- People who have served in the Armed Forces may be familiar with the expression, “If you can’t dazzle then with your brilliance, baffle them with your baloney.” The Beak of the Finch uses such laughable logic, it is remarkable that anyone would believe it.
- Marijuana is the focus of more debate today than any other drug. This conflict has recently intensified due to propositions passed in Arizona and California that allow the medical use of marijuana to treat serious illnesses. Recent public opinion polls have shown that 70 percent or more of Americans support the legal use of marijuana in the treatment of serious diseases (Brazaitis C1+).
- Both Tupac and Amaru are words of Inca origin. Together they mean, “shining serpent.” Shakur means “thankful to God,” from the Arabic language. Tupac, commonly known as America’s most controversial rapper was labeled a gangster rapper and one of the largest figures in the rap community.
- People feel differently about advertising. People who are against it often argue that it is immoral. They say advertisements are full of tricks. They also say they contain mistakes in grammar. They argue advertisers will do just about anything to sell their product.
- A distant sound is heard. It sounds like a deep drum being hit with a heavy instrument. You hear it again and strain your eyes in the direction of the sound. All around you is dense jungle. Snakes slither between your legs. You hear the sound once again.
- WE NEED FOR TOUGHER LAWS AGAINST THE TOBACCO INDUSTRY Tobacco Advertising Makes Young People Their Chief Target Every day 3, children start smoking, most them between the ages of 10 and 18. These kids account for 90 percent of all new smokers. In fact, 90 percent of all adult smokers said that they first lit up as teenagers (Roberts,3).
- Material covered in The Age of Great Dreams can be drawn from the title; it covers issues that were at the forefront of the 1960’s. The book details American growth after World War 2, civil rights, the Vietnam War, and the organization of students. Unlike other books about the 1960’s, Farber does not focus on a single point, but rather, gives a general overview of major events and movements of the 1960’s.
- Over the past 18 months there has been wide-ranging public discussion on the potential medical uses of marijuana, particularly smoked marijuana. To contribute to the resolution of the debate, the National Institutes of Health (NIH) held a 2-day scientific meeting on February 19-20, 1997, to review the scientific data concerning the potential therapeutic uses for marijuana and the need for and feasibility of additional research.
- In 1968, when American soldiers came home from the Vietnam War addicted to heroin, President Richard Nixon initiated the War on Drugs. More than a decade later, President Ronald Reagan launches the South Florida Drug Task force, headed by then Vice-President George Bush, in response to the city of Miami’s demand for help.
- For several decades drugs have been one of the major problems of society. There have been escalating costs spent on the war against drugs and countless dollars spent on rehabilitation, but the problem still exists. Not only has the drug problem increased but drug related problems are on the rise.
- Since the late 1970’s, requirements to have government health warnings on cigarette advertisements and restrictions by the Advertising Standards Authority on associating smoking with glamorous lifestyle, have been accompanied by the development of surrealist advertising, particularly by Gallaher with their Silk Cut and Benson and Hedges brands.
- Smoking is a choice that everyone has to make. It is understood that smoking is bad for your health and nasty habit, but the rights of smokers have been taken away. Smoking and non-smoking sections were and exellent idea that is being slowly abolished.
- In 1968, when American soldiers came home from the Vietnam War addicted to heroin, President Richard Nixon initiated the War on Drugs. More than a decade later, President Ronald Reagan launches the South Florida Drug Task force, headed by then Vice-President George Bush, in response to the city of Miami?s demand for help.
- About 400, Americans die every year because of health problems due to smoking. 1.5 million people quit smoking a year, but 50 million keep on going. Those 50 million people are addicted to nicotine. Nicotine addiction is when a person psychologically, physically, and socially has a compulsive need for nicotine.
- to the non-smoker is quite a different matter This we see as the most dangerous development to the viability of the tobacco industry that has yet occurred The strategic and long run antidote to the passive smoking issue is, as we see it, developing and widely
- Holden Caulfield as a Typical TeenagerHolden Caulfield, portrayed in J. D. Salinger’s novel The Catcher in the Rye is an adolescent struggling to find his own identity who has many characteristics that easily link him to any teenager living today. Adolescence is a complicated time in a person’s life.