Stereotypes are easily picked up, and used to horrible extreme when a large majority of people use them. This was the case with Scout and Jem when the...полностью>>
Who hasn?t been hurt if their life? A loved one passing away, a lover tearing at the heart, a rejection of something desired. Everyone has certain str...полностью>>
На превеликий жаль в останні роки у нас кількість і якість протокольної форми досудової підготовки матеріалів різко зменшується. Про це свідчать дані,...полностью>>
- During the Odyssey, many singers are mentioned. They told stories of the past and the stories about the gods to entertain the household they were singing for. Singers were well respected because they had a divine gift from the Muses. Phemios and Demodokos are two examples of singers in the poem.
- In Homer s epic, The Odyssey, various aspects of the ancient Greeks are revealed through the actions, characters, plot, and wording. Homer uses his skill as a playwright, poet, and philosopher to inform the audience of the history, prides, and achievements of the ancient Greeks, and, also, to tell of the many values and the multi-faceted culture of the ancient Greek caste.
- “A hero is one who is born illegitimately, out of the fear of the prophecy of his future greatness, is abandoned by his father, is save by animals or others and raised by a lowly couple, fights wars, returns home triumphant, defeats his persecutors, frees his mother, becomes king, founds a city, and dies young (In Quest of the Hero vii).
- Athena was the goddess of wisdom, purity, and reason She was the first to teach the science of numbers as well as cooking, weaving, and spinning An olive tree and an owl symbolize her These are symbols of wisdom She was also considered the goddess of war Unlike Ares, the god of war, Athena would settle conflict with mediation over battle Athena was the daughter Zeus, the King of Gods It is said that Athena had no mother, but according to Hesiod’s account Athena’s mother was a women named Metis The story goes that Metis was about to give birth to the Goddess Athena when an Oracle of Gaea (Mothe
- З питань реалізації звертатися за тел.: у Харкові — (057) 712-91-44, 712-91-46, 712-91-47; у Києві — 495-14-53, 241-40-20; у Дніпропетровську — 43-46-95; у Донецьку — 345-98-24; у Житомирі — 41-35-98; у Львові — 233-53-39; у Сімферополі — 29-94-14. e-mail: commerce@ranok.
- Изображение учебника «Английский язык: учеб. для 9 кл. общеобразо-ват. учреждений / [В.П. Кузовлев, Н.М. Лапа, Э.Ш. Перегудова и др.] -12-е изд. - М.: Просвещение, 2007» приведено на обложке данного издания исключительно в качестве иллюстративного материала (ст.