Охрана труда представляет собой систему законодательных актов, социально - экономических, организационных, технических и лечебно – профилактических ме...полностью>>
17 лютого 1600 р на площі Квітів у Римі було спалено видатного італійського мислителя Джордано Бруно — філософа, який у своїх поглядах на Всесвіт пі...полностью>>
Имя Джордано Бруно считается символом эпохи Возрождения, давшей первый толчок к последующему разрыву с традиционно-христианским мировоззрением, углуби...полностью>>
- “It’s like jumping into the ocean even though you can’t swim. Don’t start and you won’t have to quit.” These are the words of Jeff. A 37 year old man who smoked pot fo 17 years. Jeff’s position in the matter is very similar to the position of many others who are toally against legalizing marijuana; Marijuana is drug that should undoubtedly not be legalized.
- Marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana s composition is complex, and has a number of physiological effects. Also, a reason for marijuana legalization is the potential wealth of health benefits that have largely been ignored (www.howardcc.edu). In addition, there are many industrial uses for the cannabis plant (www.
- United States is facing many controversial issues today. The highly controversial issue that comes up in Newspapers again and again concerns the legalization of Marijuana. Some people support and believe that legalization is the only solution left for the nation while others oppose it because it will help to increase the number of drug users and drug related crimes.
- There is no denying that the drug problem in our country today has reached epidemic proportions. The problem has gotten so out of hand that many options are being considered to control and/or solve it. Ending the drug war may not seem to be the best answer at first, but the so-called “war on drugs” has actually accomplished very little.
- Marijuana, also known as weed, pot, grass, bud, trees and many other street slang words, should not under any circumstances be legalized due to the negative effects it has on society. It can and would destroy society with time if it were legal, in other words easier to get.
- (B) To ensure that patients and their primary caregivers who obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes upon the recommendation of a physician are not subject to criminal prosecution or sanction.
- According to the U.S. department of agriculture you can make 4 times as much paper with hemp as you can with the same land area of trees, and you can grow another crop when you’re done. Plus it only uses 1/5 the chemicals and is + the cost of paper made from trees.
- After learning about the issues regarding both sides of the argument, I would choose to support those who oppose legalization of any drugs. Drugs simply create problems which affects society in several ways. The governments have made several efforts to control drugs
- Legalizing marijuana for medical purposes has been a debate for many years. Many institutions have opened up to help terminally ill patients receive their dosage of marijuana. One of them being Cannabis Healing Center in California, which was shut down by the government in 1998 because selling or using marijuana for any reason is illegal no matter what.
- Marijuana is an illegal drug with many medical uses and should be made legal for those patients who need it. There are many valuable medical uses for marijuana not recognized by the Federal Government. Though some states have legalized its use for patients with the permission of their physician, it remains at large an illegal Schedule I drug.
- Thesis: Should marijuana be legalized and can it be used in positive ways? In 1937, the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act prohibited the use, sale, and cultivation of hemp/marijuana in the United States. Marijuana is a drug that is highly used through out the world.
- For many years, the United States government has prohibited some drugs, such as marijuana, from being sold in the marketplace. Yet, even with prohibition, marijuana use has only decreased minimally. Because of its illegality, only the bad aspects of marijuana use have been made known.
- S. came to a halt. Although now illegal in the U.S., marijuana continues to be used for both medical and recreational purposes by many Americans. There are a variety of opinions both for and against the re-legalization of marijuana today.
- The Federal Government, while trying to protect us from our human nature, developed harsh anti-drug policies with the hope of eradicating drugs. These policies seemed simple enough: imposition of penalties on those who use substances illegally, iterception of drugs coming from other countries while ending all drug cultivation in the States, and prevention of foreign governments from growing these substances.
- people feared the effects of it and wanted to stop the growth and importation of it. Congress passed the Marijuana Tax Act, which “requires all persons who import, manufacture, produce, compound, sell, deal in, and dispense pay a graduated occupational tax.
- 1Marijuana Legalization Marijuana legalization has been a widely discussed topic for a number of years. America has a long history with marijuana, over the past 250 years marijuana has been a part of our society (Martin Online Web). After assessing the truth about marijuana, one may begin to think about legalizing it.
- When the subject of hemp is brought up, most of us think of an illegal plant that produces a hallucinogenic high when the flowers or leaves are eaten or smoked. A plant that corrupts our youth, causing our teenagers to drop out of school or use the drug as a stepping stone for harder drugs such as cocaine or heroin.
- Should marijuana be legalized? There are many advantages to it that not many people know of. People don’t know the facts because marijuana is considered a “drug” and nobody wants to stand up for it. Other countries are already using hemp to make things that are normally made from something else.
- With the rise in controversy over marijuana, and its use both medically and recreationally, a need for resolve of marijuana legislation has become evermore important.
- A huge amount of Americans are currently being arrested and sentenced for defying an unjustly created law. These Americans suffer from overly harsh penalties and may even be sentenced to death just for relaxing in ways similar to how many Americans drink a beer to relax.