1 Философия, наука и религия Я не собираюсь начать по немецкой традиции с гносеологического оправдания Я хочу начать с гносеологического обвинения, ве...полностью>>
Самые первые представления о сознании возникли в древности Тогда же возникли и представления о душе и были поставлены вопросы: что представляет собой ...полностью>>
На первый взгляд, кажется, что ответить на этот вопрос несложно Действительно, понятие "общество" давно и прочно вошло в наш научный и повсе...полностью>>
- Senator Orrin Hatch, a Republican representative for Utah, was born March twenty-second nineteen thirty-four in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Hatch’s father, Jesse, was a hardworking metal lather and his mother, Helen, a devout woman. He grew up in a family of modest means.
- In the past few years, media violence has increased on television, in turn bringing inevitable resistance from concerned parents. What they don’t stop to think about is that maybe the media is not the only area to blame. Parents are to blame when children are subjected to violence in the media, because it is due to an undedicated parent, not a careless network or radio station.
- Apel, Warren S. “ACLU Action Report.” Online. Apel, Warren S. “Chronology to Flag Burning.” Online. Apel, Warren S. “The Flag Protection Act of 1989.” Online. Apel, Warren S. “Hasbrouk Explains the Voting Procedure.” Online. “Citizens’ Flag Alliance: Significant Campaign Events.
- Few topics in American history have been more disputed or the controversy more heated than Gun legislation. The history of Gun Legislation dates back to the Revolutionary period. In 1792 Congress passed a law that required “all able-bodied male citizens between the ages of 18-44″ to equip themselves with a musket, or a weapon adequate for war, along with a minimum amount of ammunition.
- Many different types of projects in different countries have reduced levels of delinquency and violence by tackling the causes – to the extent to which crime is reduced through many different types and forms of crime prevention projects including: designing out crime; promoting social control; supporting young persons and families; breaking the cycle of violence against women and children; and promoting individual responsibility, as well as various types of incarceration programs like camps, ranches and various other juvenile prisons.
- George W. Bush came out of his national convention with a significant lead over Al Gore. One poll put the margin at 17 points. While this is reassuring to his supporters, it is a lead that could quickly evaporate. In 1988, Democrat Michael Dukakis held a 17 point lead over Republican George Bush and lost the election.
- a?bor?tion: n. 1. Induced termination of a pregnancy and expulsion of an embryo or fetus that is incapable of survival. 2. A miscarriage. 3. Cessation of normal growth, esp. of a body part, prior to full development or maturation. 4. An aborted organism.
- Although this procedure long predated the modern lie detector, it was based-knowingly or not- on assumptions about psychological stress much like those that support polygraph examinations today. The ancient test depended on the fact that fear makes the mouth dry, so rice would stick in a guilty person?s mouth.
- Since 1968, the United States has spent increasing amounts of taxpayers’ money; more than $40 billion last year trying to stop drug use through the criminal-justice system. Three-fourths of federal anti-drug money goes to police, prisons, border patrol and interdiction efforts in countries like Colombia.
- “For the first time in human history, most of the stories about people, life, and values are told not by parents, schools, churches, or others in the community who have something to tell but by a group of distant conglomerates who have something to sell” (Osborn).
- Is it more important to protect the icons of our country, or to ensure the right to extremely offensive expressions? The issue of flag burning asks America just that question: Should America tolerate, or condemn? Flag burning does seem to be the ultimate act of symbolic protest used to express dissension against the American
- Whilst approaching the Twenty-first Century, America has taken significant strides in the advancement of high technology. With the unveiling of this new frontier comes continued innovation and government regulation. One aspect of the government in particular, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act of 1890, has impeded the progress of exploration into this new field; for the effectiveness of government is a nefarious hindrance to the efficiency of technology.
- There were four major candidates in this election. The choice for the Republican Party was Abraham Lincoln. He was an excellent speaker who gained recognition during the Lincoln- Douglas debates. In his first major political appearance he won the support of many Americans through his powerful and famous speech at “Cooper Union” in New York City.
- In light of recent developments, I took a different approach to this paper. The Microsoft Antitrust case has been somewhat of a phenomenon that has become one of the most prominent cases in recent years. Because of this, I decided to look at government intervention into individual markets, along with antitrust law, via that particular case.
- Children have been described as our future, our greatest resource, and our hope for a better tomorrow. For many Americans, though, children invoke fear. They represent violence, a segment of society lacking in self-control and devoid of ethics and morals, and the failure of the family to instill traditional values, chief among them being the value of human life and respect for others.
- Chris Forrester English 102 9-03-00 Lyrical Violence Music is a prominent force in adolescent lives; according to the American Medical Association, American adolescents spend a total of four and a half hours a day listening to music and watching music videos.
- Most people first heard of David Koresh, the charismatic leader of the religious sect that came to be called The Branch Dividians , and the Dividians themselves, in February of 1993, but the Branch Dividians had existed for fifty years before Koresh was even born.