McDonalds: Welcome sign in the high street or a place to avoid?In this essay I will be discussing the pros and cons of fast foods. Now a day every bod...полностью>>
Euthanasia is not only a topic in the United States. It has become a worldwide issue. This topic is so widely talked about because it deals with the d...полностью>>
Critically evaluate the development of common law principles applicable to the defence of provocation in criminal law from the decision in Mancini v D...полностью>>
- Psychological insight, true love, untrue love, self-hate, sin, and redemption, could Nathaniel Hawthorne have possibly juggled with more ideas while recording The Scarlet Letter? The answer is yes. In contrast to the book’s countless appeals to our emotions and interests, Hawthorne has created a novel that preserves the way life was for Bostonian Puritans in the 1640s.
- Within this outline, as it stands at the moment, the hippie is seen as the seeker of peace, love, and joy. He is not hung up. Freed from materialism, from the past, from traditions, institutions, inherited customs, values, and restraints, he is open to the flow of experience.
- Stylistics is the study of varieties of language whose properties position that language in context, and tries to establish principles capable of accounting for the particular choices made by individuals and social groups in their use of language. A variety, in this sense, is a situationally distinctive use of language.
- Bentley Motors Limited is a British manufacturer of automobiles founded on 18 January 1919 by Walter Owen Bentley (known as W.O. Bentley or just "W"). Bentley had been previously known for his range of rotary aero-engines in World War I. Perhaps the most iconic model of the period is the 4½-litre "Blower Bentley".
- Понятие стиля находится на пересечении нескольких наук: социологии, психологии, эстетики, семиотики, этики, культурологи и собственно лингвистики. Человек, владеющий стилем, - это, прежде всего, образованный и интеллигентный человек. Он понимает ситуацию и знает, что принято в подобных ситуациях говорить.
- In the early part of the seventeenth century English settlers began to bring their language to America, and another series of changes began to take place The settlers borrowed words from Indian languages for such strange trees as the hickory and persimmon, such unfamiliar animals as raccoons and woodchucks Later they borrowed other words from settlers from other countries – for instance, chowder and prairie from the French, scow and sleigh from the Dutch They made new combinations of English words, such as backwoods and bullfrog, or gave old English words entirely new meanings, such as lumber