Carr. This case furthered the ruling of Brown v. Board of Education of Topeka Kansas. The Supreme Court of the United States reversed the ruling from ...полностью>>
Upon reentering the sphere of education, I have been made aware that there are a vast number of reasons for which people make the choice to continue t...полностью>>
“Don’t kill the man, don’t touch his wife, or face a reckoning with Orestes the day he comes of age and wants his patrimony. Now he has paid his recko...полностью>>
- These ritualized behaviors; the strange and blatant acts, some which seem to be cut right from a horror-fiction film; the rigid symbolism in dress, and manner – none of these behaviors should be taken lightly, or ever treated as a mere ‘game’. For those who do possess, in the depths of their being, the predominantly Sado-Masochistic tendency cannot do without the flavor of it.
- Sadomasochism is a sexually deviant behavior that is practiced by many people within today’s society. It is the combination of two paraphilias, sadism and masochism, which are usually always linked together. An occasional mild or light form of sadomasochism (or S& M for short), is considerably common among the general population.
- Many believe Freud to be the father of modern psychiatry and psychology and the only psychiatrist of any worth. He is certainly the most well known figure, perhaps because sex played such a prominent role in his system. There are other psychologists, however, whose theories demand respectful consideration.
- The Kama Sutra is the world’s oldest and most widely read guide to the pleasures and techniques of sex. It was compiled in the fourth century A.D. by Brahmin and religious scholar named Vatsyayana who worked from texts dating back to the fourth century B.
- While the censorship of art is not a new phenomenon, recent years have witnessed renewed and intensified attempts to control popular culture. In particular, rap and rock music have come under increasing attack from various sides representing the entire left and right political spectrum, purportedly for their explicit sexual and violent lyrical contents.
- The Electric Circus began as a popular New York nightclub, complete with pulsating lights, fragmented pieces of movies, colored patterns and slides sweeping the mirrored walls, strip lighting writhing on the floor, flashing on and off like a demented snake who’s swallowed phosphorus.
- A discussion on contemporary popular culture and especially on media culture could never be complete without bringing up Madonna. She can be discussed in terms of feminism, ideology, hegemony and commercialism as seen in both Kaplan’s as well as in John Fiske’s article on British Cultural Studies.