Все життя нас супроводжує колір Ще в утробі матері ми сприймаємо червоно-рожеве свічення, в якому знаходимося З самого народження кожного з нас оточую...полностью>>
Учение о физиологии высшей нервной деятельности, созданное трудами великого русского ученого И П Павлова, является естественнонаучной основой философ...полностью>>
Религия и мифология->Контрольная работа
Скифия! Как много вмещает в себя это красивое название! Это – древняя наша земля, наша отечественная история! Это – загадки и тайны, острые дискуссии ...полностью>>
- It is often said that “all roads lead to Rome,” and in fact, they once did. The road system of the Ancient Romans was one of the greatest engineering accomplishments of its time, with over 50, miles of paved road radiating from the center at the city of Rome.
- The Etruscans ruled in north-eastern Italy, between the Appentine mountian range and the Tyrrhenian Sea. Their civilization streched from the Arno River in the north to the Tiber River which is more towards the center of the Italian Peninsula.
- The Centurion - Was the boss of all the soldiers who worked – Dress was much more elaborate - Carried a vine wood stick – was a badge of honor also used as a whip for disobedient soldiers – Professional\Officers -Were harsh taskmasters - Punishments – petty such as being late would be to make the soldier look like a fool and make them stand outside w/o weapons or armor to show he is not worthy to be a soldier – serious crime such as sleeping on guard or deserting resulted in flogging, rank lowered.
- When discussing such a great monument such as the Colosseum, it is very important to realize the time, place, and culture in wish it stood to fully understand both its form and function. In the beginnings, Rome was both influenced by the Etruscans of the North and Greeks of Italy and South but had its basic roots from a long time of Samnite domination .
- “We Romans”, said Cicero, “owe our supremacy overall other peoples to our piety and religious observances and to our wisdom in believing that the spirit of the gods rules and directs everything.” Roman rites and observances took two main forms. One was the domestic reverence of the spirit or genius of the family.
- For those who don?t know what slavery is the ownership and forced them to force them to labor. Almost all if not al of the rich people had slaves. They would buy slaves and force them to work. Slaves hoped they would one day receive freedom. Slaves were bought and traded.
- S. representatives, and the first Americo-Liberians, led by Jehudi Ashmun, began the settlement. In 1894 an American agent for the society, Ralph Randolph Gurley, named the new colony Liberia and the Cape Mesurado settlement Monrovia.
- Etruscan architecture was really the beginning of Roman architecture. For example in Etruscan tombs people would find many types of architectural traits found in many Roman buildings.
- Mauritania is a poorly developed country with a low GDP (gross domestic products), which totally depends on agricultures and livestock, which have been lately demolished by droughts. It has a purchasing power partly of $2.8 billion, a GDP real growth rate of 4%, which is also low, and a GDP per capital of $1,200.
- Not used at the time. It was invented by jurists in the Renaissance to describe the property laws and customs of the middle ages. A fief, or feudum, was land held by a man from his lord, in return for which he was to provide him with knight services and/or financial payments.
- The ancient world was a dangerous place. An upstart nation always ran the risk of destruction, either by barbarian nations or strongly armed neighbors. How is it that the small nation of Rome managed to survive and conquer for so long, in such a hostile environment? Rome’s success can be attributed to the skill of its legions.
- It must have been around eleven o’clock in the morning when I awoke from a stuffy and uncomfortable sleep, in the back of a moving mini-van. My mouth was dry, my nose was sore, and my eyes itched from sleep crust. A huge yawn escaped from my mouth as I tried to stretch my aching limbs.
- Torture is defines as the intentional use of physical or physiological pain to gain advantage over an individual. Torture has been around since the times of Ancient Greece and is still around today. Punishments aren?t near as harsh as they used to be back in medieval times.
- It sports an elevation of 155 feet, an estimated mass of 100 million tons, and a volume of .9 billion cubic feet. In total acreage, it is equal to 1 , baseball diamonds . By the year 005, when the landfill is projected to close, its elevation will reach 505 feet above sea level, making it the highest point along the Eastern Seaboard, Florida to Maine.
- Engineering is a fundamental field of research and creation. Engineering originated in Europe and has spread throughout the world ever since. Big contributions to engineering have not mainly come from we, The Americans, but from people across seas, such as the Europeans.
- Cardiff is a city steeped in history and has undergone many changes and influences over 1500 years; initially with the settlements of the Celts in 500BC, and over many years Cardiff became a Roman Fort and Norman stronghold. In 1810 Cardiff was just a growing village of less than 2 inhabitants surrounded by heavily tidal marshland and fed by two rivers, the Taff and the Ely.
- action towards the destruction, there is no telling what will happen to the world. Most scientists have predicted at that the rate we are going there will be no rain forests left by the year 2050. The two causes of the destruction of the rain forests are due to human impact.
- Italy has had a long and colorful history. For much of its history, Italy has been divided into many small and often warring city states. This occurred after the break up of the Roman Empire when much of Europe became feudal. In 476, Odoacer defeated the last emperor of ancient Rome, Romulus Augustulus.
- It is known that if you treat people well and are fair and just towards them, then they will intern be loyal and respect you. If the Romans had been fair to the people of Britain during their occupation after their invasion in 43 a.d. then they would have gained the respect of the people in England, and intern prospered as coexisting civilizations.
- Romans believed it was their devine mission to rule nations and people. Italy possessed vast lands of agricultural land which enabled it to support a large population. Rome had the best of both worlds located 18 miles inland on the Tiber river, Rome had access to the sea, but were far enough inland to protect itself from intruders.