By the late 19th century, Walt Whitman had become positioned at the forefront of the American cultural lexicon. His poetry was at once brash, dissonan...полностью>>
The issue of church and state has become more important in the 20th century. There are many reasons for this, because in this century people are becom...полностью>>
Some people think the confederate flag is a symbol of hatred and slavery. Others think it represents the history of America. It’s up to ever person to...полностью>>
- Is Ritalin being over prescribed to control “behavior” problems in young children? Ritalin use has dramatically increased since first appearing on the market in 1980. According to Dr. Richard Bromfield (from the American Council on Science and Health), there has been a Five-fold jump in Ritalin production in the past five years.
- Several million children are being treated with Ritalin and other stimulants on the grounds that they have attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and suffer from inattention, hyperactivity, or impulsivity. Ritalin and the amphetamines can for most purposes be considered one type of drug.
- Children with ADHD and coordination problems were more than twice as likely to have a mother who smoked during gestation, compared with children who did not have ADHD. Many subjects with ADHD also experienced language problems (65% compared to 16% of children without the disorder).
- The over-prescription of the drug Ritalin to correct ADD produces many negative side effects upon patients and society. In the vast market of prescription drugs, Ritalin, one of the most highly used drugs, also carries with it some of the greatest medical drawbacks.
- During the summer of 1 , my daughter was prescribed the medication Ritalin. At first thought, my wife and I were happy knowing our daughter would be able to succeed successfully in her life endeavors. After dealing with many problems in school, from grades kindergarten through 4th grade, we dealt with: behavior problems; attitude problems; and problems of getting along with other kids, just to name a few.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) is a problem that affects 5% to 10% of all children ADD affect more children than any other childhood problems except asthma It is estimated to be the largest single cause for first referrals to child guidance clinics throughout the country, making up as many as 40% of those cases Many ADD cases are not diagnosed because the problem most often does not show in the doctors office Current estimates suggest that approximately 50 to 65% of the children with ADD will have symptoms of the disorder as adolescents and adults Although ADD has just recently been discover
- shifting from one uncompleted task to another, difficulty playing quietly, interrupting conversations and intruding into other children’s games, appearing to be not listening to what is being said, doing things that are dangerous without thinking about the consequences.
- ATTENTION DEFICIT DISORDERApproximately 3-5% of all American children have anAttention Deficit Disorder (ADD). ADD is a leading cause ofschool failure and under-achievement. ADD characteristics oftenarise in early childhood. As many as 50% of children with ADDare never diagnosed.
- Ritalin is a drug that many of us have probably heard of. It is a drug prescribed to students with ADHD. Is a drug whose use is very beneficial for our children, or is it a drug that should be cautiously prescribed and saved for only the worse ADHD? I feel that people should use more caution in the prescription of Ritalin.
- Attention Deficit Disorder Five year old Danny is in kindergarten. It is playtime and he hops from chair to chair, swinging his arms and legs restlessly, and then begins to fiddle with the light switches, turning the lights on and off again to everyone’s annoyance–all the while talking nonstop.
- An estimated five to ten percent of children are diagnosed with this syndrome (Hill 17). One of the methods to treat this disorder is to use stimulants, specifically Ritalin. This method is controversial because it has many side effects and its long-term effects are unknown.
- In the definition it says that ADD is 10 times more prevalent in boys than in girls and this I find may be because boys tend to be more aggressive than girls especially at an earlier age. What is disappointing to me is that there are as many girls with ADD problems that are overlooked and they may have difficulties later in their lives if they are not diagnosed and treated.
- All there is are guidelines and an educated guess. The guidelines include, ? A disturbance of at least six months during which at least eight of the following are present: 1. often fidgets with hands or feet or squirms in seat .
- If it is believed that a person might have the disorder, a self-checklist can be used to see if it is necessary to see a doctor. Although the checklist should not be used as the only source of diagnosis it can help.
- With ADD there is a flaw in the way the brain manages the neurotransmitter production, storage or flow, causing imbalances. It has been suggested that as many as 80 percent of ADD cases are the result of genetics with the remainder caused by toxins, trauma or illness introduced during pregnancy, delivery or the newborn period and not,from poor parenting, family problems, poor teachers or schools, to much TV, food allergies, or excess sugar.
- The negative connotations that surround the issue of drug use have been perpetuated by the media and have created a very unhealthy societal fear of drugs. Improper drug use is dangerous, not the chemical compound itself. A major factor in one s drug experience is the users personality.
- The lack of moral or emotional development which gives a sociopath a lack of understanding for other people’s feelings which enables them to be deceitful without feeling bad about whatever they do.
- Throughout the years the diagnosis of autism has changed dramatically. Once, it was mistakenly diagnosed as childhood schizophrenia. Now that much more extensive research has been done, researchers have found distinct characteristics that are typical of autistic individuals.
- Electroshock therapy what is it? How does it work? What is it used for and what comes from it? This paper will answer all of these questions and will also try to prove that electroshock therapy is useful and not as bad as it appears to be. Electroshock therapy is an old process of ridding schizophrenia, and depression, and suicidal tendencies.
- Hyperkinetic is just another word for Hyperactive. Hyperactivity describes children who show numerous amounts of inappropriate behaviors in situations that require sustained attention and orderly responding to fairly structured tasks. Humans who are hyperactive tend to be easily distracted, impulsive, inattentive, and easily excited or upset.