Введение. История фондовых индексов в мире насчитывает уже не одно десятилетие. Самый первый фондовый индикатор был разработан и применён в конце XXIв...полностью>>
Вся система управления финансами базируется на финансовой политике государства. В разработке финансовой политики участвуют законодательная и исполните...полностью>>
Изучение элементов атомной и ядерной физики начинается с элементов квантовой механики и рассмотрения таких вопросов, как корпускулярно-волновой дуализ...полностью>>
Wade, the Dred Scott decision, Romeo and Juliet?s decision to be a couple, Solidarity?s decision to resist the government of Poland, Aung San Suu Kyi?...полностью>>
- Representations of Masculinity and Femininity in Miguel StreetIt has been said about V.S. Naipaul’s novel Miguel Street that “One of therecurrent themes… is the ideal of manliness” (Kelly 19). To help put into focus whatmanliness is, it is important to establish a definition for masculinity as well as itsopposite, femininity.
- Naipaul not only uses these notions to show the differences of the sexes, but takes another step in telling anecdotes of characters showing their anti- masculine and anti- feminine features.
- The danger lies in the fact that the masculine overshadows the feminine so much that the existence of the feminine is threatened. If ?women are a nation’s primary, fundamental root from which all else grows and blossoms? (Ba 1), this threat to the feminine is a threat to the world of the novel itself.
- What is beauty? Seemingly a continually evolving and infinitely elusive ideal – mankind has been obsessed with the concept of beauty throughout the ages. Portraiture, as an essential channel of visual communication, has traditionally been the medium through which definitions of beauty are graphically expressed.
- Scientific racism has been used to oppress, enslave and to justify torture. In my essay I will explore how scientific racism has been used to detriment the health of women of colour. Throughout history women of colour have been experimented upon, sexualized and reproductively abused with scientific racism as justification or the underlying premise for the thought behind this abuse.
- Television soap operas are long-running serials traditionally based on the close study of personal relationships within the everyday life of its characters. Soaps are a consistent set of values based on personal relationships and on women s responsibility for the maintenance of these relationships.
- The problem of conceptualization of national world picture with the help of other language cultures attracts interests of many linguists, philologists, philosophers and anthropologies. Necessity to establish the concept of “language world picture” in literary language can be explained by the necessity to understand the situation of polyvariance existing in this sphere.
- Visual representation of reality, as seen through mass media, is acknowledged by sociologists to be influential in shaping people’s views of the world. Our everyday realities are articulated mostly by what we see in the media. The role of advertising in this interpretation of reality is crucial.
- When the first edition of Principles of Language Learning and Teaching appeared in 1980, the field of second language acquisition (SLA) was relatively manageable. We had a handful of professional journals devoted to SLA, a good collection of anthologies and conference proceedings, and a small but respectable number of books on SLA and teaching.
- Soaps but more importantly music videos can be said to interrogate the cultural construction of gender and representations of identity. The video suggests a set of images to the viewer and usually these are a blurring of gender and identity. Music videos predicate on the representation of female gender experience.
- Images of Women in Mainstream Culture Reflected inStar Trek: First Contact and Independence Day The most successful box office hits in history are Science-Fiction films. This indicates that the audience, society, likes what they see in these movies. Science-Fiction has long been viewed as a male dominated genre.
- Alfred C. Kinsey argued in 1948 that “It would encourage clearer thinking on these matters [of labeling homosexuals] if persons were not characterized as heterosexual or homosexual, but as individuals who have had certain amounts of heterosexual experience and homosexual experience.
- Gender inequality is amongst us all in any given society. Although gender is not as simple as may seem. Gender comes into play along with a number of different aspects such as sex, gender and gender roles. Each of these aspects play a significant part when speaking of the different social problems encountered by men and women.
- As audiences, we subconsciously identify the male protagonists and take female as spectacle during the film watching, due to the social function of narrative films. (Turner 72)1 Thus feminists have been slashing the objection of female body in ??male gaze?? in the narrative films over the decades.
- Many feminist critics have used Joseph Conrad’s Heart of Darkness to show how Marolw constructs parallels and personification betwee women and the inanimate jungle that he speaks of. The jungle that houses the savages and the “remarkable” Kurtz has many feminine characteristics.
- В учебном пособии представлена новая отрасль психологической науки — гендерная психология. По разным проявлениям психики и поведения сравниваются девочки и мальчики, женщины и мужчины. Используются материалы многочисленных отечественных и зарубежных исследований (в том числе — не переведенных на русский язык).
- Man is not well defined as “Homo sapiens” (“man with wisdom”). For what do we mean by wisdom? It has not been proved so far that animals do not possess it. Those of you who have pets can easily prove the contrary. Most recently anthropologists have started defining human beings as “man the toolmaker”.
- 1. A 1980?s comedy, the movie ?Nine to Five? takes place in a large office complex. Two secretaries and an office manager bonded by their mutual dislike for their ?sexist, lying, hypocritical, bigot? boss, fantasize about torturing him to the end of his days.
- Trust her. She’s telling (hi)stories. And what was myself? Was this breeches and boots self any less real than my garters? (pp. 65-66) The theme of female identity dominates both modern feminist critical theory and Jeanette Winterson’s The Passion. The question `What is woman?’ has all too often received a male answer in a patriarchal society.
- ?As to who or what our deities are, you will get nearly as many answers as there are Witches,? spoke Ilyana Moonfire who led the Samhain ritual at the Onion. Consensus opinion seems to be that there is a transcendent Divine, the sum of what is what was, and what will be.