The purpose of this kind of test was to find out if the level of glucose had any kind of effect on the memory. Another goal of this experiment was to ...полностью>>
Гнафия (Gnathia) — стиль греческой вазописи, популярный в IV в. до н. э. Получил свое название по городу Гнафия в восточной Апулии, где в середине XIX...полностью>>
Одной из основополагающих категорий налогового права является категория «налогового контроля», определяющая основу государственного управления в сфере...полностью>>
В задачи инженерной службы входит укрепление материально-технической базы, повышение концентрации транспортных средств в крупных автомобильных хозяйст...полностью>>
- The admixture of medical science and religion has changed throughout the centuries from cooperative to antagonistic. In the seventeenth century, God was seen in relationship to nature, and medical science operated within religious beliefs. In the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, signs of the impending separation of medicine and religion were seen.
- The book questions the belief system of Western medicine as well as the Hmong beliefs and cultural practices. Fadiman encourages us to think of the root of Western culture and medicine as well as learning about the Hmong?s beliefs.
- The letters of Magdalena and Balthasar give us a glimpse into the lives of a merchant couple in 16th century Nuremberg, Germany. Renaissance Nuremberg was a city much like Florence, full of culture and based on a strong merchant economy. The only difference was that while Florence was predominately Catholic, Nuremberg’s residents were Protestant (Patrouch, 2-13-01).
- Our society is a complex collection of institutions, status, roles, values, and norms, and the best way to understand and learn about them is through the use of cultural artifacts. These can be anything from music to art to literature, or as in the example of this discussion, the modern day creation of advertisement as seen in women’s magazines.
- Time and time again, humankind finds itself in a tragic predicament. A tragedy can be represented by the famous Oedipus Rex, who defines the term ?tragic hero,? or humans, no different from you or me. A tragedy evokes two emotions in particular, pity and fear.
- Other rights include the right to a public criminal trial by jury ( Sixth Amendment) and the substantive due process, which is generally considered a right to privacy ( the Fifth Amendment and also the Fourteenth Amendment).
- The concept of culture can be defined as an orchestrated integration of unconsciously learned behavior patterns that are characteristic of a group of people. Many varying constituents compose a particular culture. This causes many different cultures to deviate from one another greatly.
- My father once told me the only things we have no choice but to do in this life are to die and pay taxes. Although he may have been correct, we can probably make some educated choices to affect the result of both. Due to the evolution of our society and advances of modern day medicine, our choices in either of these obligations may be vast but also limited to our knowledge and the planning we engage.
- The basic astrological assumptions are not hard to grasp. For if astronomy is the study of the movements of the heavenly bodies, then astrology is the study of the effects of those movements. The astronomers of the ancient world assumed a division of the universe whereby the superior, immutable bodies of the celestial worlds ruled over the terrestrial or sublunary sphere, where all was mortality and change.
- It takes many long years of college and medical school to get even a license to work with medicine. While some doctors are more important than others, almost all of them are on call twenty – four hour a day, seven days a week.
- The Nile river is known almost universally by historians as the cradle of medicine because it passes through the great region of Egypt. Egypt greatly contributed to the western civilization. Their knowledge was far superior to any previous civilization, and many civilizations to come.
- The first part of this essay will outline the main arguments of the feminist ecologists and deal with the concept of Ecofeminism. The second part will sketch the main arguments of Rosemary Radford Reuther book, “Gaia and God”. The final part of this essay will analyze: Starhawk’s The Spiral Dance, “Witchcraft as Goddess Religion”, The Homeric Hymn to Demeter, and “the Descent of Inanna” and examine the pros and cons of the position that a return to goddess worship would save our planet.
- The year is 2025, parents can now ensure that their children will not be prone to addictions, mental illness and are even resistant to AIDS. Diseases are considered a burden of previous generations. Even the process of aging can be manipulated to suit man.
- Let us go back to that point in time and trace the route Latin America has taken, from an isolated civilization with a unique, independent culture to a Europeanized puppet continent with little cultural identity.
- The Paiutes, or Piutes (pronounced PIE-oot), included many different bands, spread out over a vast region. They are recognized as some of the North American Indian tribes. They are usually organized into two groups for study: the Northern Paiutes and the Southern Paiutes.
- The use of hallucinogenic plants dates back thousands of years. Over the years, many different cultures and civilizations have used them for different purposes. The common belief that similarities exist between cultures that rely upon the use of herbal hallucinogens is greatly exaggerated.
- The Eastern regions of the United States experienced tremendous economic and social growth during the first decades of the nineteenth century. Encouraged by waves of work-hungry immigrants, business-friendly laws, and the promises of a resource-rich land, businessmen invested mightily in their schemes and plans for settling the new country before them.
- The Khmer Rouge were, at least partially, a reaction to the loss of political power and the social disorder brought on by the regional wars of the 1960s and 1970s, as well as an extreme and localized response to the growing question of Khmer identity in a region dominated and fought over by world powers.
- INTRODUCTION Philippines, republic in the western Pacific Ocean, made up of the Philippine Islands and forming in physical geography a part of the Malay Archipelago. Situated about 1210 km (about 750 mi.) east of the coast of Vietnam, the Philippines is separated from Taiwan on the north by the Bashi Channel.
- The cloning of humans is now very close to reality, thanks to the historic scientific breakthrough of Dr. Ian Wilmut and his colleagues in the UK. This possibility is one of incredible potential benefit for all of us. Unfortunately the initial debate on this issue has been dominated by misleading, sensationalized accounts in the news media and negative emotional reactions derived from inaccurate science fiction.