Environmental health has always been a concern of the globe. Until recently, overpopulation has only been an idea of the global community. Now, in the...полностью>>
His father died when Handel was 11, but his education had been provided for, and in 170 he enrolled as a law student at the University of Halle. He al...полностью>>
One of the most prominent themes in F. Scott Fitzgerald?s novel, The Great Gatsby, is of the American Dream. This dream can be many things to many dif...полностью>>
- Although many people thought that the World War II started in Europe, it actually had roots in Asia with the rape of Nanking. Between December of 1937 and March 1938, at least 369,366 Chinese civilians and prisoners of war (POWs) were slaughtered by the invading Japanese troops.
- A hole in our historical memory has been filled by Iris Chang s new book, which gives us a detailed, documented account of the events, which took place from December 1937 to January 1938 known as the Rape of Nanking. Following the fall of the city of Nanjing, the capital of Nationalist China, to the Japanese on December 13, 1937, the Imperial Army went on a killing spree, slaughtering over 300, of the city s residents.
- picture. The acts of depravity committed by soldiers during war do not give a complete understanding of the origins of any war. The Rape of Nanking is a picture of one aspect of the Japanese occupation of Northern China which depicts the horrors of war.
- The way the world thinks of war changed forever in 1945. On July 16 in Alamogordo, New Mexico, America exploded the world’s first atomic bomb, sending a huge mushroom-shaped cloud high into the sky. The Manhattan Project, which was used to end World War II,
- Chinese whispersThe Good Women of Chinaby XinranChatto and Windus ?14.99, pp244Any Journalist who writes about suffering knows that the copy will be read partly in a spirit of prurience. The story may cry out to be told, but part of what makes it publishable is its shock value.