Первым в моём сравнении будет учебник Хаймана По оглавлению я без труда нашел интересующую меня тему Во введении к главе, достаточно хорошо рассказыва...полностью>>
Средние являются обобщенной характеристикой большого количества индивидуальных значений варьирующего признака В экономическом анализе их можно считать...полностью>>
В прошлом учебном году в нашем классе был введен элективный курс «Математическое моделирование» На одном из занятий мы затронули тему «Статистика» Заи...полностью>>
- There is surely no nation in the world that holds “racism” in greater horror than does the United States. Compared to other kinds of offenses, it is thought to be somehow more reprehensible. The press and public have become so used to tales of murder, rape, robbery, and arson, that any but the most spectacular crimes are shrugged off as part of the inevitable texture of American life.
- Many people also think that racism doesn t exist in America. Political parties and social groups have tried to achieve equality among the races in the United States by saying racism is an issue from the past which should be forgotten, but racism is a way of thinking and it is very difficult to changes peoples way of thinking.
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” is a story about bravery and courage in a small town. Racism is present and is the main theme throughout the story. Everyone in Maycomb County is consumed by the hatred and impurities of prejudice, everyone but the main character, Atticus Finch.
- For hundreds of years, it has been “truth” that the races were biologically different. The differences that separated society were based on scientifically based genetic differences that gave reason for the separation of races. However based on recent findings, it is known that this is not the case.
- E10). Home mortgage denial rates are, ? % for whites and 53% for African-Americans? (Washington Post, p.E10). Given the fore-mentioned statistics that obviously indicate racism, federal housing officials launched a year long 7.
- Throughout the history of the country, America has been considered a fairly racist union. Undoubtedly the greatest injustice in the United States to this day is the white?s treatment of African-Americans, specifically slavery. The vast majority of non-black people of that time believed that blacks were not equal to other races.
- pack animals they finally left Africa and settled in other parts of the globe, within this opinion, the population of the world from it s African roots was the first and largest Diaspora that we have seen.
- I am told that some of you think I support uncritically America s experiment in democratic government and society. Tonight I want to set the record straight, not only have I criticized some aspects of American Democracy but also I have put pen to paper on weaknesses of these aspects in my volumes, Democracy in America.
- It has been proven time and again throughout history that in order to survive, a nation must expand its borders and become more powerful. This is shown by the European countries’ power at the beginning of the 20th century. They were the strongest countries in the world, and between them they controlled almost the entire globe.
- This shows that countries not as rich and powerful as America have done something to prevent it from happening again where as one of the richest and most powerful countries has done nothing to prevent massacres happening again.It took 1 years after President Regan narrowly escaped an assassination attempt for Congress to pass the Brady Bill (A 5-day waiting period and background checks of prospective pistol purchasers).
- He took a rat and whenever it tried to sleep the floor moved and it had to walk, or it would run into the wall. The rat soon lost a great deal of weight and died (Caldwell 0). It would take weeks to kill a person of sleep deprivation, but it would eventually happen.
- In a society where competition and hard work are the rule, the game of football and in particular, high school football, with its melange of mores, norms and rituals have symbolically come to represent the American life. Like many of the conventions in American society, high school football has over the years ingrained in its players teamwork, loyalty, and the value of hard work.
- Today in America, gun control is a very serious issue. There are different opinions on this issue, the National Rifle Association (NRA), feels that guns are safe when used for protection by responsible citizens, others feel that guns are far to dangerous to be kept in homes, and that guns should not be owned by anyone, only used by the National Guard and law enforcement.
- Domestic abuse in the United States is a large-scale and complex social and health problem. The family is perhaps the most violent group, with the home being the most violent American institution or setting today (Lay, 1994). Sadly enough, the majority of people who are murdered are not likely killed by a stranger during a hold-up or similar crime but are killed by someone they know.
- Struggles involving civil wars and violence far outnumber those dealing with external aggression and conflict, especially in today’s society. These internal conflicts over identity, territory, and government are more difficult to resolve through peaceful negotiation, creating an augmented sense of collective responsibility to acknowledge.
- Many teen steal for power. Teens think they are powerful if they can take something from someone else. Teens think that if they have the power to steal maybe they have the power to commit larger or more violent crimes. Some teens may defend themselves by saying, I only steal a CD once in awhile .
- There have been people from many different countries, nations, and religions who have decided to migrate from other places to the United States throughout history. But perhaps none have come in more mass than the Chinese. With declining economic and political conditions at home, many literally saw coming to the United States as a “golden” opportunity.
- Did you know that people with blonde hair have low I.Q.s? Or that people less than five feet tall are more likely to spread a disease? How about that people with brown eyes are really worshipers of Satan? That did not sound very logical, did it? No, you know that people with blonde hair can be as smart or as unintelligent as the next person, that short people are not necessarily better hosts to disease, and that people with brown eyes can believe in whatever they want.
- Crime Prevention in America Juvenile crime in the United States is ballooning out of control along with adult crimes, and politicians and law enforcement officials don?t seem to be able to do anything about it. Despite tougher sentencing laws, longer probation terms, and all other efforts of lawmakers, the crime and recidivism rates in our country can?t seem to be reduced or even kept stable.
- When looking retrospectively at the nineteenth and twentieth centuries it is easy to recognize the numerous inventions that helped shape mankind into its present form. Inventions like electricity, the assembly line, cars and trains, the telephone and so on.