Начнем с того, что любое общество предстает не как нечто однородное и монолитное, а как внутренне расчлененное на различные социальные группы, слои и ...полностью>>
"Группа - это некоторая совокупность людей, рассматриваемых их с точки зрения социальной, производственной, экономической, бытовой, профессиональ...полностью>>
Активность, деятельность, поведение, социальное действие, мотив, мотивация, интеракция, социальные отношения, группа, квазигруппа, толпа, социальная о...полностью>>
- At present, there are thirty-six states in the United States and over one hundred countries that have legislation enforcing capital punishment for crimes of murder or rape. In Canada the death penalty was abolished in 1976, due to the fact that it infringes on the rights of Canadians as documented by the Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
- 1Personal Racism occurs when individuals (or small groups of individuals) hold attitudes of prejudice and/or engage in discriminatory or similar behavior. Among the manifestations of personal racism are stereotyping individuals on the basis of alleged racial differences, the use of derogatory names and references, discriminatory treatment during the course of interpersonal contacts, and threats and acts of violence against members of a minority group that is alleged to be racially inferior.
- Racism can be defined as ‘a belief in the superiority of one race over all others´ (Keene pg 80). It occurs when people are prejudice and discriminate against people because of the colour of their skin. People are prejudice, and use their own views to physically or verbally hurt others who they see to be ‘different´ to them before knowing the ‘facts´.
- People have an inherent fear of what they don?t know or what is different. This is the underlying concept behind the prejudices encountered by the protagonists in all of the stories I have read. Ignorance leads to hateful views and actions. Discrimination occurs based on standards such as origin, race, and appearance.
- Many people would argue that hate crime epidemic in the United States even exists. Some would consider it to be of epidemic proportions. Those that oppose crimes of hate also oppose other prejudices. Hate crime is criminal behavior that is motivated by racial, religious, ethnic, gender, sexual preference, or any other type of prejudice.
- Prejudice. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny´s of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity & goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for He is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children, and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
- The Social Pressures of Interracial Couples According to Steven A. Holmes, 1996 the number of interracial marriages is increasing in today’s society, more and more everyday. In 1970, a study showed that of blacks who married, 2.6% were to white partners.
- When a Polish-Jewish immigrant slashed his throat because his workmates could not understand him and tormented him and himself being a victim of racial hatred, Melbourne-born Richard Beynon expressed his feelings, drawn from these experiences, in his prize-winning play- The Shifting Heart.
- For many, immigration to the United States during the late 19th to early 20th century would be a new beginning to a prosperous life. However there were many acts and laws past to limit the influx of immigrants, do to prejudice, such as the Chinese Exclusion Act.
- The American judicial system is one of the most sophisticated and complex systems in the world today. It was designed to be accessible to anyone regardless of age, race, gender or religious belief.”The American legal system, which provides a peaceful alternative to violence in the pursuit of a more equal and just community, has been a substantial factor in maintaining the stability of American society.
- People see it everyday across America. A group of whites burn down a black church, someone gets hurt or murdered from a racial slur, or fights break out at school or in public. These are the extremes of racism. Racism is definitely not a good thing, it s a power that has taken over through the last two years.
- Television programs provide one of the most popular forms of entertainment today. From The Simpsons to The X-Files, television shows amuse, shock, sadden, and excite us by turns. Television does more, however, than simply entertain. Television shows are cultural products, and as such, they reflect, reinforce, and challenge cultural ideas.
- On dealing with the premiss that the practice of recruitment and selection is a long way from the recommendations of personnel textbooks, distinction must be taken into account between explicit recommendations and guidelines, on one hand, and, on the other, implicit suggestions stemming from the author?s own stance.
- Throughout history, Canada has relatively been a supporter of multiculturalism. In the past Canada has had very few racial conflict, although there has been one incident which has had quite a controversial effect about human rights violations and discrimination.
- “To Kill a Mockingbird” is a story about bravery and courage in a small town. Racism is present and is the main theme throughout the story. Everyone in Maycomb County is consumed by the hatred and impurities of prejudice, everyone but the main character, Atticus Finch.
- Racism is the discrimination of a group of people on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, place of origin or ancestry. Discrimination is the denial of equality based on personal characteristics, such as race and color. The term racism may also denote a blind and unreasoning hatred, envy or prejudice.
- The conclusion of this essay is that from the three dimensions described, it would appear that despite British Society acknowledging these problems, British policing is, and will remain, a long way behind the search for the Holy Grail of equality, both within law enforcement and within the broader social life.
- In the middle of this century, the South was sharply divided along racial lines. Class distinctions and prejudices left over from the era of slavery caused racial tension as blacks fought for equal rights. Violations of this class system were the basis for Harper Lee’s novel, To Kill a Mockingbird.
- Books, such as, the ones I have mentioned, introduce cultural, ethnic, racial, and other social issued that delve inside our individual value system, and make us aware of our own personal biases that we may be carrying.
- Despite growing numbers, public images of interracial people – who have been part of the American landscape since the first Africans reached America’s shores. Confusion surrounding race stems from the illogic used to define it. Slavery laws and social practices set a precedent – which survives to this day.