В современных экономических условиях, когда многим предприятиям приходится балансировать на грани рентабельности, а конкуренция на рынке обостряется, ...полностью>>
Культура и искусство->Реферат
Тюильри (фр. Tuileries, устаревшая русская передача Тюльери) — не существующий более дворец Парижa, бывший частью комплекса зданий Лувра, служивший од...полностью>>
People believe that essentially, media violence legitimizes and contributes to a culture of violence and the acceptance of violence as an effective so...полностью>>
Для современных машин характерны закономерности роста затрат на поддержание их в работоспособном состоянии в связи с увеличением продолжительности исп...полностью>>
- The Reformation of the Roman Catholic Church was a major 16th-century religious revolution. A revolution, which ended the ecclesiastical supremacy of the pope in Western Christendom and resulted in the establishment of the Protestant, churches. With the Renaissance that preceded and the French Revolution that followed, the Reformation completely altered the medieval way of life in Western Europe and initiated the era of modern history.
- The Protestant Reformation: What it was, why it happened and why it was necessary. The Protestant Reformation has been called “the most momentous upheaval in the history of Christianity.” It was a parting of the ways for two large groups of Christians who differed in their approach to the worship of Christ.
- This led to a breach between the Roman Catholic Church and the reformers whose beliefs and practices came to be called Protestantism.
- Title: Protestant ReformationContent: An overview of the Protestant Reformation in EuropeDescription: Discuss the Protestant ReformationReligion is a predominant force in our world today. It also played a strong impact on the lives of those alive during the Protestant Reformation.
- From early middle ages to the Sixteenth Century, the Catholic Church evolved to dominate all sectors of European life, as the church grew, so to did the power of the hierarchy within the institution.
- Before the reformation occurred, the general public was made up of an overall praying people. They accepted all aspects of the church, whether or not they personally believed in the idea or not. These aspects included indulgences. What indulgences basically are is a fee to the church, in exchange for the church to clear any sins one may have committed.
- The Protestant Reformation was period of revolt. It was an uprising of the Roman Catholic Church. Though it has been proven that the main reason of rebellion was the grievances many people had of the church. However, there were ulterior motives, and underlying causes to the start of the Reformation.
- Presbyterians believe that original sin is rooted in faithlessness which brought man to fall. The idea of salvation to Presbyterians is that salvation is reached through the grace of God, rooted in the deep faith of a person.
- The Reformation was an era of political, social, and religious unrest and many changes were made during this period. Peoples eyes were opened to a lot of the practices and teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, which before no one seemed to have thought about in a negative manner.
- The middle ages lasted from 500-1350.The term Middle Ages was invented by people during the Renaissance, a period of cultural and literary change in the 14th, 15th, and 16th centuries. The term was not meant as a compliment. During the Renaissance, people thought that their own age and the time of ancient Greece and Rome were advanced and civilized.
- French Revolution, cataclysmic political and social upheaval, extending from 1789 to 1799. The revolution resulted, among other things, in the overthrow of the Bourbon monarchy in France and in the establishment of the First Republic. It was generated by a vast complex of causes, the most important of which were the inability of the ruling classes of nobility, clergy, and bourgeoisie to come to grips with the problems of state, the indecisive nature of the monarch, impoverishment of the workers, the intellectual ferment of the Age of Enlightenment, and the example of the American Revolution.
- The Renaissance brought about a renewed interest in the literature and art have Ancient Greece and Rome. It was also a time of religious struggle as the new Protestant Reformation threatens the hold of the Roman Catholic Church. With all of this, a new sense of being able to conquer even death has arisen in the literature The seeming rebirth of interest into classical literature began in Italy but eventually did spread to England where it was fostered by members of the monarchy such as Elizabeth I.
- Many ideas of the Renaissance like humanism, individualism and secularism stimulated a strong critique of the church+s policy and the clergy+s behaviour. Many people regarded it as a scandal that the catholic church sold indulgences. Indulgences were documents, stamped by the church which could reduce your sins.
- 1 Cor 7:32-38–”An unmarried man is concerned about the Lord’s affairs–how he can please the Lord. But a married man is concerned about the affairs of this world–how he can please his wife–and his interests are divided. I would like you be free from concern.
- The Protestant Reformation started in the 1500’s when the Church started giving indulgences, or pardons for their sins, when someone gave money. The Catholic Church had always taught that when people die they cannot enter heaven before suffering some form of punishment for their sins in purgatory (a place between heaven and Hell).
- These interests included the arts and education. The Renaissance was a rebirth of Greek and Roman ideas. Ideas such as Humanism, Individualism, and naturalism became important to many. Painters, sculptors, and architects created many fine works which reflected these ideas.
- During the late 15th and early 16th centuries Catholic Spain was beginning a vast movement in efforts to dominate Europe by conquering lands about the New World. Lands in Mexico and areas near the Yucatan known as New Spain became the focal point of Spain s conquest.
- The baroque has been called a theatrical style, one that deals in spectacle, grandeur, and dramatic contrast. Test these concepts in an essay that discusses the baroque as an expression of the Catholic Reformation, Protestant devotionalism, the Scientific Revolution, and the Age of Absolutism.
- Calvin was responsible for the pattern of church government known as Presbyterianism. Calvin believed in the absolute sovereignty of God and he denied that human beings were capable of free will, and he elaborated a doctrine of predestination that God elects certain people to salvation, while rejecting others and consigning them to eternal damnation.
- The Renaissance, which started in Italy, provided great advancements in the quality of life to the Europeans during the 1300 s through the late 1500 s. Increased trade provided Europe with an abundance of weath,which allowed culture to flourish. People focused much of their time on art and literature during this era.