Мировая экономика до середины восемнадцатого столетия мало чем принципиально отличалась от способов хозяйствования древнего мира, но именно тогда, во ...полностью>>
В конце XVII века. в Англии после революции, окончательно покончившей с феодализмом, установился буржуазно-демократический политический строй, а сама ...полностью>>
Промышленный переворот, означавший переход от ручного (мануфактурного) к машинному (фабричному) производству, начался в Англии гораздо раньше, чем в д...полностью>>
- For some, the privatization of Russian industry has been one of the great success stories of Russia?s painful economic transition: quick, firm and radical action was taken to shift the great bulk of Russian industry out of state hands, thereby laying the basis for a radical restructuring of enterprises and improvements in their performance.
- For all this years Serbians were considered a minority group. In the past years Clinton administration’s started to increase their involvement in the conflict in Serbia’s Kosovo province where threatening new economic sanctions and NATO interventions against Yugoslavia, to increasing military and intelligence ties with Albania.
- Russia has always been a country full of contradictions, as it was said once in a movie: ?They weep when getting married, and sing going off to war.? Large cities, such as Moscow and St. Petersburg, are showing off the latest models of executive cars (always full option) and open up new boutiques of top couturiers almost daily.
- Mafia Relations in Russia Since the downfall of the Soviet Union and the elimination of the intimidating but strict rule of the communist party, there has been a market increase in organized crime. Thousands of gangs of both big and small deal drugs and raw materials, export money, rob and steal, as underpaid often corrupt police stand idly by.
- The privatization is guided by the special government program which operates on different administrative levels: federal, regional and municipal. The authorities on any given level are authorized to privatize only those assets transferred to their ownership.
- Modern Russia s ever-changing political system and transitional periods have made it an interesting place to be. Russia has gone through many political challenges and changing agendas in its time. The state has gone from the Soviet Union, or the U.S.S.
- In 1970, Congress passed the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (US Code-Title 18), or RICO, to provide a powerful tool in the fight against organized crime. The RICO Act enables persons financially injured by a pattern of criminal activity to bring a RICO claim in state and federal court, and to obtain damages three times the amount of their actual harm, plus attorneys fees and costs (www.
- Rousseau and ReligionRousseau concludes his Social Contract with a chapter on religion. His view on the subject is subtle and interesting; and moreover, I maintain that it provides us with one of the keys to Rousseau’s thought. Rousseau’s near-deification of the General Will has led many analysts to argue that Rousseau’s state is merely secularized Christianity.
- In 1948 Eric Blair, better known as George Orwell, wrote a book with chilling insights into the future, 1984. In that book he describes in detail how the government of Oceania manipulated the truth and regulated feelings and thoughts. An irrational future for society, perhaps not even today in the media there are ways of lying to us and making us think what they want by showing us what they want us to see.
- Almost immediately after the death of Stalin, many of the representative policies that he had instituted were dismantled. Under the leadership of Nikita Khruschev, political controls were to some degree relaxed, and cultural life experienced a brief period of revival.
- For nearly half a century J. Edgar Hoover was one of the most powerful officials in the Federal government of the United States. As head of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 1924 until his death in 1972, he was the nation?s chief law enforcement officer.
- For many decades now, the debate as to whether or not marijuana should by legalized, has raged on. The intensity expressed by marijuana s opponents and the harsh punishments given to marijuana offenders cannot be explained by a simple concern for public health.
- Telecommunications is a tool providing information services to both private and public sectors. It is highly involved in society and helps a society grow and flourish. It affects the ideals and trends of a society and, thus, is a very important factor in a growing country.
- The Japanese government has since had an active participation in the economy, yet not controlling it directly but rather through market mechanisms. It took responsibility for promoting economic growth by using incentives and taxes collected in an effective way.
- For many years there has been an ongoing debate over what to do about gun control. Handguns kill between 20 and 25 thousand people every year, and that includes the 15, annual suicides as a result of these weapons. The reason so many of these suicides are successful is because of the presence of a gun.
- In the essay “Prison “Reform” in America,” Roger T. Pray points out the much attention that has been devoted to research to help prevent crimes. Showing criminals the errors of their ways not by brutal punishment, but by locking them up in the attempt to reform them.
- strange which ultimately led to the failure of economic reform in Russia.4In the Fall of 1996, Boris Yeltsin won the presidential election in Russia. He wasviewed as the ?personification of reform in Russia….who had vanquished the Communistdragon during the hard-line coup attempt of August 1991 — and the leader best placed tointroduce democratic, market-oriented reforms.
- I have only several minutes to spare writing, as I am much in need of sleep and will be awakened at 2:00 AM to board “The Sacred Cow,” the airplane that will transport me from here to Yalta. A seven-hour flight they tell me, much of it over undesirable territory.
- Canadian Temperance groups began to rally for prohibition during the 1840’s and 1850’s. It was not until after World War I began in 1914, that the temperance groups’ support for prohibition grew. A need for grain for the armed forces was viewed as a major catalyst for Canada’s Prohibition Law.
- Each of the three types of relationships implies a general class of product offering. The transaction-based relationship implies a single product; the technical advisory relationship accompanies product and service bundles; and partnership involves a theme-based array of products and services that change according to the customer’s stage of life.