Географический атлас — это собрание географических карт планеты или некоторой части планеты (обычно планеты Земля). Но также имеются атласы для других...полностью>>
Традиционно в ходе международной автомобильной перевозки таможенные органы при пересечении грузами территории одного или более государств применяют в ...полностью>>
С приходом осени все финансисты уселись за Microsoft Excel либо за более узко специализированные аппликации. Наступила пора составления бюджета, и, на...полностью>>
- 4. Private Enforcement of Law4.1 Octracism and boycottUnlike governments, private bodies do not normally have jails, police, and soldiers to enforce their rulings. This is why many people assume that only governments can enforce private agreements, and, indeed, private arbitration.
- Each of these five modes consists of different subsystems which make up the system. Each mode is used to transport persons or goods, but in many instances, one mode may be favored over the others. All five modes require some primary source of funds for building and maintaining the infrastructure.
- Article 9 of the charter of the United Nations states: The International Court of justice shall be the principal judicial organ of the United nations. It shall function in accordance with the annexed Statute, which is based upon the Statute of the Permanent court of International Justice and forms an integral part of the present Charter.
- The focus of this paper is alcoholism. The aspects that will be examined in the following pages are the biology of alcoholism, and the genetic basis determining that alcoholism is a hereditary disease. Clarification of the phases of alcoholism as well as possible explanations of the nature of the disease will be offered.
- Therefore allowing countries such as Switzerland and San Marino, though not members of the UN, to be parties to the Statute of the Court. The court consist of 15 judges, no two of whom may be Nationals of the same state, elected by the General assembly and the Security Council.
- John Locke, an influential early liberal English philosopher, and Jean-Jacques Rousseau, a brilliant political theorist and one of the main figures of the enlightenment, have a considerable importance in political thought, for which they are best known.
- Upon Independence, financial problems troubled the Confederation government. During the American Revolutionary War for independence, Congress and the states had printed “good faith” paper currency.
- International arbitration, like domestic arbitration, is a means by which a dispute can be definitively resolved, pursuant to the parties’ voluntary agreement, by a disinterested, non-governmental decision-maker. Or, in the words of the U.S. Supreme Court, “an agreement to arbitrate before a specified tribunal [is], in effect, a specialized kind of forum-selection clause that posits not only the situs of suit but also the procedure to be used in resolving the dispute.
- *Congress can create a new right, the violation of which would cause injury and allow the plaintiff to have standing. Such as the right to accurate information. The injury would be in not having the correct info. Congress did not create standing that didn?t exist, it just created a new right.
- it is plain that, instead of juries being a “palladium of liberty”-a barrier against the tyranny and oppression of the government-they are really mere tools in its hands, for carrying into execution any injustice and oppression it may desire to have executed.
- When people think of their neighbors, do they think of violent sex crime offenders? Many people have to deal with this every day of life. There are now laws that inform people of a community when a sex crime offender moves into their town. These laws are said to keep violent sex crime offenders from striking again, but do these laws really work is the question that many people ask? The answer all depends on the opinion of the person who is being asking.
- Search and Seizure by definition refers to a police practice whereby a person or place is searched and evidence useful in the investigation and prosecution of crime is seized. The Fourth Amendment and Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution and constitutionally limit the search and seizure by provisions in the several state constitutions, statutes, and rules of court.
- The legalization of marijuana would be a great benefit to almost everyone. Basically it’s our right of privacy to be able to smoke in our own homes. Its pretty much a failure of prohibition, and there are numerous benefits that would come into effect.
- There are many legal issues in society today that are becoming the topic of numerous controversial debates. These debates involve both the need for personal choice, and the importance of society s morality. These issues include such topics as abortion, euthanasia, capital punishment, the legalization of drugs, and the decriminalization of prostitution.
- IN CONTEMPORARY American culture, consuming is as authentic as it gets. Advertisements, getting a bargain, garage sales, and credit cards are firmly entrenched pillars of our way of life. We shop on our lunch hours, patronize outlet malls on vacation, and satisfy our latest desires with a late-night click of the mouse.
- Under Article XIV of the Constitution of the Philippines specifically under Sec. 1 states that “The State shall protect and promote the right of all citizens to quality education at all levels and shall take appropriate steps to make such education accessible to all.
- While previous political transitions had seen similar circumstances, the actual events in question had generally occurred individually. In Europe, on the other hand, the shift from communism was taking place in a different context altogether.
- ?Every line I have written since 1936 has been written, directly or indirectly, against totalitarianism,” quotes George Orwell in the preface to the 1956 Signet Classic edition of Animal Farm. The edition, which sold several millions copies, however, omitted the rest of the sentence: “and for democratic Socialism, as I understand it.
- The concept of prostitution is one that causes a visceral revulsion in conventional Western morality – a symptom of which is how the many colloquial terms for a prostitute, such as ‘whore’, or ‘harlot’, are commonly used as denigratory pejoratives towards women.
- The truck sped down Beirut s airport road, quickly arriving outside the heavily guarded walls of its target. The driver ignored the shouted orders to stop and crashed the truck through a flimsy wooden barricade. In front of him stood a long, concrete building.