professional baseball player, one of the finest right-handed pitchers in the history of the game, frequently considered the greatest master of control...полностью>>
Смотровая книжка т. н. «заменительного билета» состояла из 8 страниц (4 разворотов), на последней из которых ставились медицинские пометки («Отметка в...полностью>>
It is one thing to show a man that he is in an error, and another to put him in possession of truth – John Locke. Nigeria is Africa’s most populous st...полностью>>
Коммуникации и связь->Курсовая работа
1 декабря с.г. в период с 06.00 до23.00 на территории Калининградской области проводится учение по ликвидации ЧС второй группой на Балтийской косе в р...полностью>>
- The novel, Potiki, explained in different points of view what the land meant to the Maori people. Roimata made it clear that, ?…the land does not belong to people, but that people belong to the land? (110). She viewed the land as a sacred means of life renewal.
- For many years “The Battle of Paducah” has been grossly under-stated. There is no mention of the battle in most history books. The latest Kentucky History book has no mention of the battle at all. Without a doubt, Paducah has been overshadowed by the massacre at Fort Pillow on April 12, 1864, some eighteen days later.
- A Confederate Soldier, on leave from war, was captured, imprisoned and denied any right to a trial. Though summoned by the Chief of Justice of the United States of America, John Merryman, by right of Habeas Corpus was denied a trial (Britannia Sec.1).
- History reminds us we do not exist in a vacuum but are beings part of a larger whole dependent on shared wisdoms and beliefs. Countless aeons of story telling traditions and evolving mythologies speak to the very heart of our humanity. These shared stories, rituals and wisdoms have fallen by the wayside leaving our children with a sense of profound isolation and detachment.
- In Japan, short poems have a long history. The earliest Japanese poetry such as that of the Manyoshu, written in 759 A.D., includes stirring narrative, dramatic and short lyrical poems which scholars believe were originally written as part of the pre-Buddhist or early Shinto ceremonial rituals (Haiku).
- The twentieth century has seen many leaders come and go, but few have had the impact that Hitler and Stalin had. These two men, along with Mao of China, helped shaped the world as it is today. Hitler was one of the greatest motivators of his time. His uplifting speeches and fierce rhetoric rallied a desperate people in Germany.
- The films may be silent pictures or talkies, black and white or color. They also include films such as documentaries, animation, experimental or alternative films and other types of films.
- The histories have traditionally been interpreted against a background of Tudor moral and political philosophy. They have been arranged in chronological order of the reigns of the kings, and by this plan the full significance of the relationship of the plays becomes apparent.
- Central America is a land bridge that connects North America to South America. Today, this area of the world is under major reconstruction. Its recent history is filled with civil wars, military dictatorships, and native uprisings. Though the recent economy has turned toward the better, the history of the economy in Central America has not been a fortunate.
- What sport has so monstrous of a drawing power that millions of viewers would pay excess of forty dollars to see an event that lasted less than a minute and a half? No, its not the world s most popular sport soccer or even the great American media giant of professional football.
- In 1787 Oliver Evans put a patent on a steam engine in Maryland, for the use in land transportation?s. In 1791 Nathan Read got a federal patent for a high pressure boiler and improved cylinder. And began to make plans to apply this to a land carriage.
- Like drama and dance, music is a performing art. It differs from such arts as painting and poetry, in which artists create works and then display or publish them. Musical composers need musicians to interpret and perform their works, just as playwrights need actors to perform their plays.
- The Black Sparrow Press brought out Holocaust in 1975. From "Charles: A Memoir." In Charles Reznikoff: Man and Poet. Ed. Milton Hindus. Copyright ? 1984 by the National Poetry Foundation.
- But usually it left me with an impression that women did not contribute much of significance to our civilization other than caretakers of their families. Althought women contributed to our culture in many diffrent ways, in fact women accomplished far more than we officially give them credit for.
- These poets choose to deal with life at the level of metaethics—its social, psychic, and aesthetic underpinnings, which are articulable only in myth; their metaethics takes its structure from a complex poetic image of lesbian relationship.
- There is no way you can neatly squeeze in a single report what female gang life posses. What I am giving is highlights and statistics staffed with local information. There is no such thing as a typical gang each possess a history that reflects the community they grew up in.
- Andrew Crawley describes in his book ( England ), the English people as being profoundly conservative.The English men feel, instinctively, that the present is not only the creation of the contemporaries, but also the result of the work of many past generations.
- Since 1974, when Turkey invaded the island of Cyprus thus establishing a fake “Turkish Nation” as it is called by the Turkish press, the two countries, Turkey and Greece have been at odds with each other. Turkey claims part of the island of Cyprus as well as part of Greece; Greece is always at the U.
- Although the precise date of many of Shakespeare?s plays is in doubt, his dramatic career is generally divided into four periods: (1) the period up to 1594, (2) the years from 1594 to 1600, (3) the years from 1600 to 1608, and (4) the period after 1608.
- Pulp Fiction, a film directed by Quentin Tarantino was released in 1994. The film won the Academy award for Best Original Screenplay and the Palme d’Or at Cannes. The film is three days in the lives of two Los Angeles gangsters, Vincent Vega played by John Travolta and Jules Winfield played by Samuel L.