С древних времен человечеству приходилось решать проблему хранения информации - накопленных многими поколениями знаний, культурных, технических, научн...полностью>>
Государство и право->Контрольная работа
Правосудие является одним из видов государственной деятельности, направленной на защиту социально-экономических прав и охраняемых законом интересов гр...полностью>>
Транспортная задача – задача о наиболее экономном плане перевозок однородного или взаимозаменяемого продукта из пункта производства (станций отправлен...полностью>>
- The death penalty has been used for centuries as a form of retributive justice for felonies committed by criminals. The code of Hammurabi, written approximately 3,700 years ago, stated that if a man destroys another man s eye, the offender s eye should be taken out; if a son strikes his father, the son shall have his hand cut off.
- When Socrates has a dialogue with someone he uses a system called refutation. Refutation is best described as a four-fold process. First Socrates will get his opponent to elicit an opinion, then he will ask for clarification of the opinion given, he will then point out some obvious flaws in the argument of his opponent and then he will give this other person a way out, before he tears their argument to pieces.
- LAW, SOCIAL SCIENCE, LITERATURE, LAW SCHOOL, AND PERSONAL STATEMENTS Law School Admissions: Why Bother? Stately and plump, Harvard Law School admits just 850 to yield a class of 550; for Yale, fewer than 400 admitted brings a svelte class of 170. Ever battling its late entry and the suspectness of a West Coast address — newness coupled with the perception that sunshine vitiates seriousness — Stanford Law School admitted 435 to make a class of 180 for the class of 1998.
- The first part of this essay will outline the main arguments of the feminist ecologists and deal with the concept of Ecofeminism. The second part will sketch the main arguments of Rosemary Radford Reuther book, “Gaia and God”. The final part of this essay will analyze: Starhawk’s The Spiral Dance, “Witchcraft as Goddess Religion”, The Homeric Hymn to Demeter, and “the Descent of Inanna” and examine the pros and cons of the position that a return to goddess worship would save our planet.
- In Aristotle s Politics, Aristotle successfully criticizes Socrates proposal of having wives and children in common (Plato 449d) by pointing out a number of flaws in Socrates proposal. In the following pages, I will explain the view held by Socrates that women and children should be held in common as well as the reasoning behind his view as reported in Plato s Republic.
- An American football hero racing on the freeway in a white Ford Bronco, finally stopping in front of his luxurious home. Six years or more ago this scenario would have sounded like a clever advertisement campaign. Replay the same scenario from 1994 forward and almost all Americans will vividly recall the death of Nicole Simpson and her ex-husband (0.
- Each person has their own vision of utopia. Utopia means an ideal state, a paradise, a land of enchantment. It has been a central part of the history of ideas in Western Civilization. Philosophers and writers continue to imagine and conceive plans for an ideal state even today.
- To him aristocracy was a perfect form of government. The point of Socrate’s philosophies were to make people think about the questions he would often ask. The reason for these questions being asked were to have people to their own thoughts and opinions toward life.
- There has always been alarm and despair over escalating juvenile crime. In the 1950s there were reports about the mushrooming problems with youthful gangs in the big cities. In the 1960s we began to hear about a surge of juvenile crime in areas that had been regarded as virtually crime free.
- During the 1850’s in the United States, Southern support of slavery and Northern opposition to it collided more violently than ever before over the case of Dred Scott, a black slave from Missouri who claimed his freedom on the basis of seven years of residence in a free state and a free territory.
- One of the world?s best known advocates of non-violent social change strategies, Martin Luther King Jr. (MLK), synthesized ideals drawn from many different cultural traditions. Recent studies of him emphasize the extent to which his ideals were rooted in African-American religious traditions which were then shaped by his education.
- It is easy to see why Melville, himself a prey to the deepest forebodings about the optimism of his day, recognized at once his kinship of spirit with Hawthorne. “There is a certain tragic phase of humanity which, in our opinion (he wrote), was never more powerfully embodied than by Hawthorne.
- Much controversy continues over Socrates’s attitude towards democracy. I.F. Stone, embarrassed that the first democracy should have killed a man for exercising freedom of speech and freedom of religion, attempted to justify this by going after Socrates as an enemy of democracy (The Trial of Socrates); but since Stone was busy defending Josef Stalin back in the Thirties, and even wrote a book in 1952, the Hidden History of the Korean War, defending the communist invasion of South Korea, his own democratic credentials are suspect.
- Every person accused of a criminal offense must go through the criminal justice system, but in sex offense cases, the system often does not effectively punish the guilty.
- In Poetics, Aristotle explains tragedy as a kind of imitation of a certain magnitude, using direct action instead of narration to achieve its desired affect. It is of an extremely serious nature. Tragedy is also complete, with a structure that unifies all of its parts.
- About Two minutes later both of them were murdered. One of them in his house and the other one in a adult cinema. Then they show Darby in the house of her law professor whose name was Thomas Calahan. Who happened to be a clerk for Justice Rosenberg.
- To begin with, one of the major problems that has hindered American animation is budget and time constraints. On the other hand, in Japan, anime has been allowed to flourish all over. When it comes to animation, it seems that Hollywood simply does not take it seriously and would rather throw its millions into “live action” films and TV shows.
- For the first time ever, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, the authoritative international body charged with studying this issue, concluded that the observed increase in global average temperature over the last century “is unlikely to be entirely natural in origin” and that “the balance of evidence suggests that there is a discernible human influence on global climate.
- This wartime leadership and international relations policy won him an award in the hearts of many Americans. Roosevelt threw his hat in the ring in 1931 in order to prepare for the election of 193 .
- Most religions in the world believe that there is some higher power that exists in this world and in the afterlife to do justice where it needs to be done. If someone were to commit a crime in this life, the higher power would deal the person accordingly in their lifetime.